In-Laws

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

(( I'm so sorry if this Chapter looks messed up in your screen. For some reason, it kept over running my paragraphs and I couldn't fix it so I broke each paragraph myself. Hopefully it works, but please let me know if it doesn't and I will try another method. Thank you all so much! ))

 

"Jagi, I'm dying" his voice was low and grumbled causing eyes to fall within his direction, watching as his arms spread open and stretched out towards you. "I need attention to stay alive" he whined softly, causing a soft sight to leave your lips.

 

"How long do you plan on using that excuse?" You asked yet still complied with his demands as the bed shifted to your weight, alarmed when he suddenly snatched you and pinned you to the bed.

 

"As long as it workds" he stated in a confident voice before smothering you in several yet delicate kisses, his lips traveling from your cheeks to finally land at your lips which you quickly denied with a turn of your head.

 

"Doctors said that you recovered nicely, and that you should be fine by now" you accused, trying to hide the smile that took your lips from the thing lips he produced, showing his annoyance quickly.

 

"They don't know how I feel, only I know how I feel" he tried to defend, going for another kiss that was yet again denied, causing his hands to fall on either side of your face "Don't make me do it."

 

"Do what?" You asked in an innocent manner, alarmed when his teeth grazed your cheek and a playful bite was added, bringing accusing eyes towards him, his smirk proving what he wanted. 

 

"You know what" his voice was a husky whisper which caused chills to run your spine as you finally granted him the kiss he wanted, allowing him to deepen it as his hands slid down to your sides, tugging softly at the hem of your shirt.

 

However we was dumbfounded when you suddenly broke the kiss and stood yourself up, beginning your way towards the kitchen, a smirk tug across your lips. "You're dying remember? I'll go make you soup" you spoke quickly, not surprised when his jaw dropped and his eyes became deadly while they followed you like a hawk. "You have to meet my parents today, so please try to feel better."

 

"Wait what?" His voice lost any confidence he once had as he quickly ran to your side, clearly scared to meet his soon to be inlaws. "How should I talk to them? I'm not good at English" he expressed which caused a soft smile to take your lips as you looked towards him.

 

"By opening your mouth and speaking. Should have spent your time studying instead of playing sick all the time huh?"

 

~*~ His POV ~*~

 

He was nervous as he watched the couple leave the taxi, even more nervous when Abi left his side and ran to greet them. He wasn't sure is he should follow her lead, or simply wait at the door until they approached. He knew the day would come when he would have to meet his inlaws, however never truly thought of the concept, not until they were before his eyes and in person.

 

"This is Choi Seung Hyun, my finance" Abi's voilce pulled him from his thoughts as he brought forth his best smile while extending his hand, alarmed when the mother pulled him into a tight embrace.

 

"Nice to meet you" he remembered certain lines from the paper, however wished that he spent much more time learning the phrases, for now he found himself in a situation that couldn't be avoided.

 

~*~*~*~

 

He felt like an outcast as he listened into their conversation in English, and couldn't help but to admire his fiance much more. Not only did she speak fluent in both laguages, but she also switched effortlessly, ensuring to keep him in the conversation as much as she could. He felt horroble for not trying to learn her language, and pondered slightly if she should have put in more effort to learn, if he had let her down during such a crucial moment in their relationship.

 

"How did you manage to steal her heart?" Her father asked from beside him, causing his hands to go up and panic to line his chest.

 

"No I don't steal" he expressed, and was confused when a chuckle left the man's lip, his head shaking as though something funny had just happened, causing confusion to take over the panic. "I love your daughter very much" he spoke the words he felt needed to be said, ensuring both of her parents that he would do what was needed to keep her safe and happy, hoping they would approve of him marrying her.

 

"I know you do" her father hummed as his eyes fell towards Abi and her mother, them being wrapped in a coversation about the wedding "she talks about you a lot you know?"

 

"Only good things I hope" he joked which caused a smile to line the man's lips.

 

~*~*~*~

 

"Are you mad at me?" he asked when they were finally alone in the comforts of their room, his arms lazily wrapped around her waist as he watched her eyes carefully, knowing she would never speak the truth out loud. "Are you disappointed?"

 

"Of course not" her eyes were honest with her words which caused a soft smile to line his lips, feeling the most confident that he had all day, her stare always giving him confidence. "You don't have to learn English for me to be happy, I simply enjoy listening to your voice and the words you speak" her fingers reached down to grab at his own, enclosing his hand within her own as she nuzzled closer, burying her face within his chest.

 

"I was nervous today, do you think they like me?" He asked, showing his insecurities to her, knowing she could comfort them.

 

"They love you because I love you" she spoke in a soft tune and as he knew she would, he felt much more confident about the situation already. "They are really thankful for you, because they honestly thought I'd never get married, that I would never settle down."

 

"Why not?" He asked with pure interest bringing her full atention towards him, and his heart raced at her words, somehow falling even more in love with her that night.

 

"I simply didn't want to find love, but I guess it found me instead. Thank you, for loving me and allowing me to love you."

 

~*~ Abi's POV ~*~

 

"Are you nervous?" He asked as he entered the room, your eyes staying locked towards the mirror, feeling as though your appearance wasn't enough, despite the hours spent to do your makeup to perfection.

 

"Of course I am, your mother hates me" you spoke softly, remembering vividly the argument that Seung and his mother had about your relationship. She didn't agree with it, and instead wanted him to leave you, yet he stayed strong at your side and didn't back down, eventually causing the both of you to get kicked out of her house. "She's not going to be happy about our engagement."

 

"I'm happy about it, so she will be too. She will learn to accept it" he spoke softly as his hands began to fall into your hair, his eyes staring at you through the mirror, yet it did nothing to comfort your heart.

 

"I doubt that" you mumbled as you stood yourself up, grabbing your purse and preparing for the worse yet hoping for the best. "Let's leave soon, she will only be upset if we are late" you explained before walking towards the door, not allowing him to debate your decision.

 

"I love you, it's all that matters. I will be marrying you" he spoke as he began to drive, forcing your hand within his own, a soft smile taking his lips as you looked towards him, a smile taking over your lips as well.

 

"Well duh, unless this ring is a lie" you teased, watching as his thumb lined the ring, his eyes staying on the road which you were thankful for, considering the blush that took your cheeks.

 

"She will learn to love you too" he spoke with confidence before pulling into the driveway, giving you a soft peck to the cheek before steeping out and opening your door for you.

 

The house was larger than you remembered it as you took the chance to really try and understand the woman who seemed to dislike you. Taking his hand and stepping out of the car, you weren't surprised to see the much shorter female standing by the front foor, your eyes locking with her for a moment before falling back to Seung Hyun. You weren't ready to hear all the reasons you weren't good enough to him, but that smile he always gave you and was giving you now, gave you all the reassurance you need to know that you were.