003:

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

“Don’t you lie to me!” Abigail found herself screaming this time, her anger and disappointment being to high to subside. “You told me you would be there! I waited hours for you! I even got a baby-sitter for the night! It was meant to be special! You promised me!”

“Baby please…” he tried to sooth as he reached for her, not surprised when she flinched away from his touch, her anger being easily read without her voice. “I came as soon as I could” he expressed, but knew it wasn’t good enough when the tears began to fill her eyes.

“You came seven hours to late Seung Hyun” it had been so long since she spoke his name, that he had forgotten how horrible it felt to not be called something with affection. To be called something that anyone else in the world could call him, something that lacked a special meaning behind it. Was he late? Yes, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t enjoy their night with one another. It was only one, the night was still early.

“So what? You want to fight all night?” He barked back, not realizing his own anger that was brewing within him, but the anger was being directed towards the wrong person. He was angry at himself, not at her but she was there, and was the only person he could rant his anger towards.

“I don’t. I just want to go to bed. I have nothing more to say to you” she sounded defeated as the tears slipped by and he hated seeing them, knowing that he let her down on the night that was supposed to be amazing. They’re sixth year since they first said I love you to one another.

“Why can’t you accept it! My job feeds you, it feeds our children!” He was making excuses that would make himself feel better, his voice betraying the calm posture he wanted to keep, and he knew that the hole he was digging was only growing larger with each new syllable he alluded. “Do you want to starve!? Do you not like having nice things in your life!?”

“I want my husband in my life!” She yelled back, making his rant come to a complete end as his eyes widen. “I want to feel important to the person who means the world to me. I want to feel loved by the person I cherished. Apparently, I can’t have that in my life. I don’t even see why you come home anymore. Do we mean nothing to you!?”

“You all mean the world to me! Why are you being so stupid!” He made a mistake the moment the words left his lips for when her eyes widened and fell upon him, he knew that his words cut deeper than his actions had.

“I don’t know why I was so stupid before… But I learned and gained knowledge. I’m not blind anymore” she was whispering now but it made his fear rise even more than her screaming had. “Let’s get a divorce… Let’s end this.”

“No…” He wanted to yell but his voice couldn’t project with the large lump that suddenly developed within his throat, his worse fears coming to life before him. “You promised until death” he was becoming desperate, his anger evaporating just as quickly as it came. “You vowed to me, you promised…”

“So did you. Why should I be the only one who upholds their promises?” She asked and it made what little strength he held to leave his body, his knees buckling as he fell towards them, knowing that his pride came second, that he couldn’t live without his family at his side.

“Abigail… Please… Don’t…” he couldn’t breathe anymore, and he pondered if she was even listening to him, yet he would fight with everything he had left. “Please… Don’t leave me… I won’t be able… I can’t… I love you damn it!”

“I loved you too” she spoke softly, and he was well aware of the past tense she used to respond “but I can’t either. What should I do? Wait another hour? It’s been three years of waiting…”

“I’ll quit. I’ll end my career, just tell me what I need to do” his desperation was becoming worse, for he could feel his life slipping from his fingertip, and no matter how much grip strength he held, they would eventually give out and leave his hands. “Tell me what I need to do to keep you in my life!”

~*~ Abi’s POV ~*~

If her heart was broken before, it had become shattered the moment his tears stained the tiled floor below them. If she felt defeated before, she became helpless when his deprived and rasp voice hit her ears, the words becoming meaningless for she couldn’t comprehend them. It hurt worse to see him in this state, to see him so upset and hurt, that she could have almost gave into him and tell that everything would be fine… But nothing was fine, everything in their relationship was extremely wrong.

“Jagiya…” She let the name slip from her lips as she too fell towards her knees, pulling him harshly into her embrace, feeling as his arms clung onto her waist, his tears now soaking her jeans. “I love you, I really love you, but things need to change.”

“I promise” how many times has she heard those words and believed in them before they became meaningless and lies being sold. “I promise, just don’t leave me” he sounded sincere and for the nth time in her life, she allowed her guard to fall, allowing her hope to rest within the words he spoke, hoping that it wouldn’t be another painful mistake in her life.

“I won’t… I can’t leave you” She expressed just as heart broken as he must have felt, bringing his lips towards her own and assuring him her feelings with a tender yet deep affection. “I’m sorry” she whispered onto his lips, her thumbs wiping away the tears that still ran his cheeks, hating to see him in such a state, knowing he was often stronger than that.

“I’m so sorry” he responded, and she couldn’t help but nod in understanding, hoping that this was their breaking point, and that only strength could come from being at the bottom.