006:

Acquisitive (T.O.P x OC)

“You’re going to be drunk…” Jiyong scolded but knew better than to try and take her attention off of the alcohol, knowing it was probably the only escape she had since the children were born. “Aish, seriously” he scolded once more, grabbing the new shot that lingered within her grip, bringing swollen red eyes to meet his own. “Abigail… Stop.”

“Wei?” She questioned harshly, bringing stern eyes towards her which she quickly looked away from with guilt, knowing what she was doing wasn’t helping anyone. “You know, I lost him a long time ago. It’s not like it was preventable” she continued to speak her thoughts that were currently destroying her mind, pondering if they would ever leave her alone. “We would divorce eventually, why prolong it?”

“Do you not love him?” Ji asked softly, trying to find a way to calm down the person he cared deeply for.

Ji would never admit it out loud, but there were times where he would find himself extremely envious of his best friend. Abi was the perfect wife who cooked and cleaned and never complained about being exhausted, despite how much work and effort she was forced to put into the relationship. She would even go out of her way to make things easier for her husband such as doing his paper work and settling his little contracts and orders, taking care of the press and keeping his image as a perfect husband and father.

Ji never could understand why Seung never wanted to go home, and to this day he couldn’t phantom what had prevented the male from taking some time off to see his family. He knew they were fighting and bickering, but Seung was to thick headed to realize that they only fought when he made a false promise. Ji was surprised someone as strong and honest as Abi stuck around for so long, secretly pondering when she would threaten to leave, yet he never thought she would actually do it.

“I don’t even know him anymore…” her voice pulled his attention back to the here and now, her voice filled with honesty and heartache, and he couldn’t even find the words to defend Seung anymore. “What about you? Are you still dating that girl?”

“No” he spoke with a sheepish grin, waiting to be scolded for not listening to her before he invested all of his time and effort into something that would eventually fall apart. What a waste. “I think I’m done looking for love” he spoke softly while shooting back the shot he stole “if it was meant to happen, love will find me.”

“Hopefully it doesn’t happen. Love is horrible” Abi spoke softly while swirling her finger around the edge of the empty glass, her eyes widened when more liquid was being poured into it.

Love wasn’t horrible though and despite how many times he had been hurt, Ji would still happily throw himself into the battle arena. Love was supposed to be a connection shared equally, a bond that couldn’t be severed regardless of what sharp objects were thrown towards it, and though sometimes it didn’t work out, it was still nice to have that connection for even a short while. That connection was what he envied the most between Abi and Seung, for they barely ever fought and when they did, it always managed to pull them closer. It seems that this fight wouldn’t be the case.

“Cheers to heartache” Ji spoke swiftly while drawing his own full glass, and allowing their heartache to be shared through a drink that only numbed them temporarily, simply long enough to feel burden free and at peace.

“Cheers” Abi spoke back, and before they knew it, their minds would be clouded by a black fog and their problems would fade until nothing remained, if only for a short while. Their problems were gone.

~*~*~

“Are you drunk?” Seung asked as she entered the house, stumbling up the large staircase that prevented her from crawling in bed, her blue orbs casting within the direction of the man she once longed to see.

“Nye..” there was no point in denying it, she had drank one to many and was now heavily paying the consequences, for her heart screamed to embrace him, yet the little soberness she held scolded her heart. “Were the kids good for you?” She asked instead, the one topic that could always outweigh any emotions that awoken within her, for she knew she had to be strong for them.

“They were” Seung answered softly, his hand outstretching to offer assistance yet was quickly pushed away, allowing a sigh to take hold of his lips as he stood himself up from the top stair and watched in agony as she fought her way up the stairs. “Did you meet someone?”

She smelled of men’s perfume and he caught whiff of it the moment she walked into the house, proving further that her words were meant. Of course he didn’t have the nerve to be angry at her, but wouldn’t deny how hurt he had felt at the thought of another man being in her life. He was the one that was supposed to be at her side, he was the one who was meant to keep her warm. His arms were the ones that she should welcome when things were rough, and his shoulder was hers to cry on.

“Nye” she responded quickly and he felt his world shattering into pieces as he bit back the tears that threatened to escape him. “Jiyong broke up with that girl? Since when?” He dared to seek the little warmth that brimmed his heart at the mention of Ji, hoping that it was his scent that lingered on her, that it was he who accompanied her.

“A while ago…” he answered honestly, biting his bottom lip in nervousness as he spoke the question that could either save him or kill him “is that who you were with? Jiyong?”

“Nye… He denied my kiss… Why? Am I not pretty anymore?” Abi spoke with a frown before a fit of laughter would take her lips. “He looked so angry at me… Am I that disgusting? Even my husband doesn’t want me…”

“You tried to kiss him?” Seung’s happiness was quickly lived as she nodded quickly, a clumsy smile taking her lips as she plopped herself along the steps, obviously losing her ability to keep herself standing. “Do you honestly believe that I don’t want you?” He asked the second question that roamed his mind, trying to gather every piece he could while she was being honest with her words, angered when her eyes began to flutter close. “Abigail, any man would be a fool to deny you. You’re breath takingly beautiful and your perfect in every shape and form.”

“Then why don’t you love me anymore?” She yelled, her tiredness evaporating as she stood herself up once again, climbing her way towards the top. “What have I done to make you leave my life!? What more could I have done to make you stay!?”

“It’s my fault, stop blaming yourself for it” he whispered softly, reaching for her once more and this time being granted her hand, pulling her into his lap and holding her closely, her tears quick to soak at his shirt and he could only remain silent, nuzzling his face into her neck to breathe in her scent. “Don’t leave me… Please stay beside me one last time.”

“I gave you several one last times” she whispered in-between sobs “you already proved what was important in your life… Why should I trust you again?”

“I’m begging you… Please… Stay beside me…”

He was alarmed when she pulled away from his embrace and instead captured his lips, it tasting like alcohol opposed to the sweet nectar that always took her lips. He wouldn’t deny her however as he followed her lead as best as he could, her drunkenness being difficult to keep up with turning the kiss into a sloppy mess. If this was what he had to do to keep her in his life, then he would comply with her, he would follow any trail she left for him despite how narrow it became down the road. He’d follow her lead, and he would change what was needed.

He couldn’t imagine his life without her beside him, couldn’t imagine how empty the house would be without her voice to fill the silence, the children running the halls. He couldn’t stand the thought of never touching her again, of someone else instead doing what he had failed, loving her properly and making her happy. He hated the thought, and tonight had made him well aware of where he stood in her life, and where another man could easily push him out of mind.

He wouldn’t allow it to happen, even if he had to spend every day at home and locked to her side, he would prove to her that she wasn’t wrong in her decision to marry him. He’d prove his love through actions, if only she would offer him the chance to do such. There would be no more disappointment in her life, in his children’s life. Abi and his sons were his life, and it was about time that he proved it too them.

“I love you” he managed to breath in-between her heated kisses, needing to hear the words that she hadn’t spoken directly since who knows’ when, he couldn’t remember when last hearing it properly.

“I love you too Jagi…” she whispered, and it was enough to encourage him to fight.

He would fight… and he would win.