Are You Up For The Challenge? - PerryThePlatypus (Reviewer: ily4everbang)

** Starlight Review Shop ** [CLOSED]

 

 

Title:Are You Up For The Challenges?

Author: PerryThePlatypus

 

 

Reviewer's Note: I'm really sorry for the late review. I just lost track of time and I have my own personal stuffs to do.
 I'll try to review it honestly. Thanks for waiting and choosing me. ^.^

Title (5/5)

Although I haven't been on Aff for that long and don't read many fics. I find this title original and creative. Why? Well, because you ask a question. I like title that ask question rather than just simple words. It make the story seems intresting and catches the readers eye. Kind of like it stands out. And to answer that title. I'm not ready. The challenges sound hard and cruelful.

Poster (4/5)

Poster is very good! The color matches the theme of the story. I saw that you requested it and I have to say the shop did a good job at it. I especially like the pictures and fonts that they used. Although I don't like the color red and yellow together it's fine. Only the fonts is red. Well only the 'Challenge' is but it still the same. But the orange and yellow blends togther perfectly.

Description/Foreword (14/15)

The description got me hook to this fic. Even though it was just a few lines(8) I like it. You didn't give to much away but you gave the readers the meaning of the challenges and how the contestants didn't know what lied ahead for them when they actually do the challenges. It's a explanation that is very detailed. Plus, it kind of sounds like tv advertisement for a show. I mean I can actually imagine a tv host saying this for real the way you wrote it.

The foreword was amazing. It's seem like it didn't happen yet. I really do feel bad for Hyoyeon. Whhat's gonna happen to her? Who are those people with the ropes? Why is it too late? LOL. I'm so curious after reading that. I want to find out! I really like how you wrote it. The cliffhanger is to die for. It was also very detailed.

Plot (25/25)

The plot is smooth. I'm understanding everything so far without having to go back and reread the story. It's like if miss an update or skip one I would probably still understand what is going on. It's going back really steady. Not to fast nor slow. The challenges are slowly beginning and everybody was introduced. You also explain how the characters got chosen or how they were notified. Glad to see this so full points for this.

Characters (10/15)

I know that there are some fic with more main characters but I'm not reviewing them so  sorry. I took points off because some of characters kind of confuse me because they were so many (POVs) mention in one chapter. But other than that I have no problems with the characters that you chose. I would just recommand that you lower the amount of POVs in one chapter to take away some confusion.

Spelling/Grammar (19/20)

I only took off one point because in chapter one in Jiyeon's POV when she said this,"Me and Noona stood up and approached her." I think you meant Unnie. I know that it is probably just a typo or you weren't paying that muching attention. I know it can't be Taecyeon because she said that he was still sitting on the couch playing with the football. So it's a little mistake. it doesn't really matter that much.

Other than that little mistake, you did good with the grammer part. For spelling I clearly understand what you were writing. And I especially like how you add -ed at the end of the verbs. It show that you write really good. Sorry if I sound weird by saying that. LOL.

Flow (3/5)

Since there are a lot of POV because there are a lot of characters it does get confusing and tiring reading about it. I know that you put which chacarters POV before the actual text so it would be easier. But anyways, the flow is awesome becuase you describe how they got called first before going to the actual place then ot how they met up with each other. To when the parings/groups were chosen. Only to end with someone screaming when they got into the actual challenge. It is all on topic and not off topic at all. I totally understand where you were going at with the two chapters so far. Good job.

Overall Enjoyment: (10/10)
I REALLY like it. I even subscribe. I hope you update soon because I want to see who screamed. Oh and I love the pairings/groups. Taec and Sohee are so cute when they were guessing who the next chosen one would be. I love everything about this story. It sound somewhat similar to 'The Hunger Games' and I really love that book so I'm waiting for you. 
Gave you an A. Hope you liked this review. Kamsa!

Total: 90/100

 



 

 

Thanks for requesting. Please comment below after picking it up and don't forget to credit :)