Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  The Redemption

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  The Redemption

 

That night Mingyu had stop breathing, a strong wind came along inside the room. The lights flickered, the electronics sparked.

 

Joshua and DK were called by Wonwoo to stay behind him because he thought it was the lord of the underworld, Lucifer, who was about to come. He protected the two important people relying on him. On the other hand, Joshua and DK were left confused of Wonwoo’s action upon the malfunction of the electric wires. Well of course, sparking shouldn’t be taken lightly because it could cause fire. However, after a while, the heavy feeling suddenly disappeared when a light hit his eyes, making his heart calm and peaceful.

.

.

.

It was when, the demon, Lucifer, was waiting for the right time to snatch Mingyu’s soul since he lost in their game. He was there because he believed that Mingyu would make the most valuable son in history. Mingyu was as ever pure, but when he turn him bad, it would weigh much more, that it would burden heavens to get him back. That’s what Lucifer was aiming for. He’s aiming to defeat his father from above. However, Wonwoo couldn’t do anything now that his powers were gone. He’s a mere human now, moreover, weaker. Lucifer took the chance, but he never expected that one of the greatest angels, his sibling- The Archangel Michael, would actually the one who’d come personally to fetch the boy’s soul. That’s when Lucifer knew that Mingyu was sent because of a wish- a wish Wonwoo’s heart desired.

.

.

.

 

“Traitor!” Lucifer shouted while trying to defeat Michael from a tough fight.

 

Wonwoo could hear it. The boys couldn’t deny that they hear something too. They trembled in fear. Wonwoo did his best to protect the two, hoping and praying that Mingyu would get safely with the angel he met inside the church.

 

Now he’s FREE. Wonwoo is Free.

 

Grieving upon Mingyu’s death on his burial, people come to visit him for the last time. Most of them were people he helped without Wonwoo knowing. However, they couldn’t prevent that some whom Mingyu insulted were laughing on their face saying that he deserved that.

 

Wonwoo didn’t mind them at all and did what he promised to Mingyu.

 

Every morning, Wonwoo would go to his office to check their company status and gladly, they maintained it and they were even growing. Every afternoon, he’d make sure he visits foundation and all the charity works of his late brother and son too. He didn’t know that he had a foundation as well until he was informed by a young lady, who’s claiming to be a JWW’s scholar under his name (Jun was the one who processed it by the way), came in applying for a job in their office. She felt bad learning that Jun already died from an accident; nevertheless, she promised to pay back everything Jun did. She was hired as Mingyu’s Department Store’s general manager.

 

And every night, Wonwoo would go home, eat dinner with the two other members of the family and go to bed saying prayers just before he closes his eyes.

 

After a year, Joshua proposed a plan of establishing a tea house using Wonwoo’s ingredients. Wonwoo agreed upon it, but in their surprise, he resigned as the CEO of their company and let Joshua and DK handle everything.

 

Rather than sitting in his office, he enjoyed making tea in their small tea shop, and by the afternoon, he’d stroll to places- mostly slum areas to teach and to help people.

 

Time passes by, and the two- Joshua and DK had left him too. Joshua died in an old age, but DK died from a sickness. But DK left a little son for Wonwoo to look after, even though, he had his mother beside him. Wonwoo gladly accepted the responsibility.

 

Wonwoo’s company keeps going and growing but he’s not the one handling it anymore. Since Joshua didn’t have any child, DK’s offspring was the one who’s taking care of the company. Wonwoo took him home and let Joshua and him nurture him to be as kind as Mingyu was.

 

Just then, he left even the small tea shop and live with the people in the fields. He does plowing and harvesting. He thought he’s going to be doing this forever and he will see people come and go like before. He felt sad upon realizing it, but little did he know that he was aging too like a regular human. He just thought it was his cruel punishment for him and he thought that it just the right punishment for him to start with. He was cruel and loving was his greatest punishment.

 

Jeon Wonwoo didn’t know that he’s free now and it was a gift from his wish.

 

Wonwoo didn’t notice that he had his white hair growing on his hair, wrinkles were showing around his eyes, especially when he wears a smile on his handsome face. Although, he’s as introvert as always, but now, he’s the caring one.

 

Wonwoo lived peacefully with his neighbor farmers. Kids loved him too.

 

Once in a while, DK’s son visit’s him, and since Joshua was the one who taught him everything, he’s scolding him once again- though, he wasn’t aware that Wonwoo was a demon. Not anymore.

 

Wonwoo could only do a sigh because he’s got nothing to defend himself, just like Jun and Joshua did to him every single time. Just let the young man talk, and soon, it’d be over. The young man would also whine like a child, same as Mingyu and his father DK, and somehow mysterious as Seungkwan because he’s sometimes brave and coward at the same time.

 

Anyway, Wonwoo was enjoying his life now as a human.

 

Time comes, when Wonwoo rested back at his humble home that night after getting tired from his usual farming. While he was sleeping that night, he became confused by the light he saw. Was he awake or was he dreaming? Wonwoo looked at the light closely and heard a familiar voice he didn’t heard long time ago.

 

He felt happy, but he was still identifying whose voice it was. The voice like a child and he missed that already.

 

Voice:

Nice to meet you again, hyung!

You ready?

Sorry, Seungcheol hyung wanted to say that he won’t come and fetch you because he had important matters to fix. Seungkwan too.

They’re being punished because of you, you know.

(He chuckled)

They’re currently doing some little works for humans.

(He laughed)

Jeonghan hyung said he’s excited to see you again, as well as Jun, Joshua hyung and Ms. Blanca.

DK is still sulking.

(He laughed and joked)

We are all waiting for you.

Welcome back, hyung.

We’re so proud of you.

 

As the image went clearer, Wonwoo was glad seeing Mingyu and his smile again. Moreover, hearing his naughty yet gentle voice. Without hesitation, Wonwoo rose and ran to embrace Mingyu with a smile.

 

Mingyu, on the other hand, was surprised but was so happy meeting his hyung again.

 

Wonwoo:

Have you been well?

 

Mingyu:

(Embraced him back)

No doubt, hyung.

How about you?

 

Wonwoo:

I am fine. Don’t worry.

(Let go of Mingyu and looked at him)

I am happy seeing you, Mingyu.

 

Mingyu:

I’m happy seeing you too.

(he laughed)

You’ve become so soft hyung.

I’m kinda feel weird, but I love it.

(he teased)

 

Wonwoo:

Is that so?

(He laughed)

You look..

(Observed him)

Like an angel, Mingyu.

 

Mingyu:

Of course!

I am an angel, you know.

Tsk! You didn’t notice it? Gosh, hyung! I’ve been with you for all those years. My face should look like an angel beside you. Aigoo. You are so grumpy when I met you.

(He laughed)

Glad to be your guardian.

Shall we go now?

 

Wonwoo:

Where to?

 

Mingyu:

Ummm… hyung, we won’t see each other for a while, okay.

Be strong.

(He chuckled)

Father with just scold you a little, okay?

But don’t worry, we will meet the soonest. He promised me.

 

They were about to go, but Wonwoo was still confused because he knew that it must be just a dream. It seemed real he doesn’t want to wake up anymore.

 

Mingyu was about to walk when Wonwoo held his hand.

 

Mingyu:

What’s wrong?

 

Wonwoo:

This is a dream, right?

(He smiled)

Can you stay for a while?

(He asked knowing that it was only just a dream and he thought Mingyu was saying goodbye again)

 

Mingyu:

(He found Wonwoo cute)

What’s wrong, hyung?

 

Wonwoo:

I missed you so much.

Don’t go yet.

Stay with me until I wake up.

 

Mingyu:

(He laughed)

What are you saying, hyung?

Didn’t I tell you that you will come with me?

I am here to fetch you.

You are awake right now?

 

Wonwoo was confused.

 

Mingyu:

You don’t get it do you?

(He sighed)

Hyung, I am proud to tell you that I actually win over Lucifer.

(He boasted himself like he was before)

 

Wonwoo:

Win?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah?

Remember when I stayed with Lucifer?

 

Wonwoo:

Yes.

(With a confused face)

 

Mingyu:

Okay. Let me tell you the story.

 

<<

 

Mingyu came along with the lord of the underworld. He stayed there being punished by the fires of hell. The poor boy felt every single minute in forever pain.

 

Lucifer was so angry with him that he wanted to kill the boy. However, he couldn’t since he believed that Mingyu was a trap for him. It’s too troublesome if he was, so better test the waters first. He could wait. Time isn’t that of an importance for him. he got all the time unlike people living on earth.

 

As Lucifer was punishing him, Mingyu spoke of a question he wanted an answer for.

 

Mingyu:

How will I claim Wonwoo hyung’s soul back?

(Inspite the pain he’s feeling, he still had the energy to speak)

 

The king of underworld was surprised and he got interested.

 

Lucifer:

You are interested?

Why?

 

Mingyu:

Because I have a promise.

 

Lucifer:

(He laughed vigorously)

Promise? Promise?!

Don’t be ridiculous.

What promise?

To love him forever? To stay behind him forever?

Pweeeh!

(He spat his lava-like saliva)

Cut it off. It’s sickening, human.

 

Mingyu:

Tell me… I am ready to pay the price.

 

And that interests the demon.

 

Lucifer:

Interesting.

No wonder, my boy was giving in on you.

He’s gotten weaker, young angel.

I know they sent you from above. I’ve already lose 3 sons, I’m not allowing another one, brat!

 

Mingyu:

I’m only a human trying his best for my love ones.

 

Lucifer:

(He mocked him)

Yeah right. Right.

But since you wanted to play… let us play the game you wanted.

I usually like betting game, like my son, greed.

What game do you want to play, my dear little human?

(With confidence)

Tell me your proposal.

 

Mingyu:

(Scoffed)

You and your sons like playing.

 

Lucifer:

Indeed.

 

Mingyu:

Then, it is simple.

(He began to explain)

You will free Wonwoo, if I made him shed tears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter