Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Chastity

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Chastity

 

          The conversation between the devils and the death god ended so fast as Seungcheol was called immediately by a death call. Meaning it’s an urgent call from the skies indicating that someone’s soul was lurking around somewhere without having the death scroll.

 

Seungcheol:

Gotta go.

You demons give us so much pain in our heads.

See you.

(He teased)

 

          Jeonghan fell beside Wonwoo’s bed with his wide surprised eyes. It was an unusual attitude for Wonwoo to see on their prettiest devil. Ever since he met Jeonghan, he’d usually act cool rather than showing his weakness to his enemy.

 

What happened now?

 

No matter how curious the youngest devil was, he didn’t utter a word. However, an unexpected word came out from the mouth of the elder and mischievous demon.

 

Jeonghan:

Help me.

 

          It stunned Wonwoo hearing those words from his brother. It’s really unusual. He observed the creature beside him; and eventually noticed that Jeonghan wasn’t faking his emotions. Was he weak too? Why and how? A lot of questions popped out Wonwoo’s mind like what happened? Why was Vernon mad? Why was Jeonghan scared? And why… why was he concerned? But no matter how he looked at the possible reason, nothing seemed to explain everything that’s happening.

 

***

 

          In no time, Mingyu arrived. He went up to his master’s room happily when he paused right in the middle of their mansion- right where the golden frame with a pitch black canvas in the middle was standing tall and grand. Every time the boy passes by that enormous frame that stood as high as the wall reaching the ceiling of the mansion, he gets stuck and think. He was curious about that big frame since he came in to the mansion, but never had he showed so much interest on it until he already knew his demon hyung that well. Now that he thought of it than being scared whenever he’s with the demon, he realized that that frame wasn’t much scary at all unlike those frames with shadows of soul traced beneath the black stretchable surface. Usually, every frame has this frightening vibe, but the big frame was actually more of a relaxing vibe. Mingyu believed that it’s probably because no one’s traced on it. No? But really? How come a frame made by a demon felt so light and calm? Anyway, he was told that it was nothing but a blank frame when he asked Wonwoo about it, so he believed him. However, his curiosity would fight his mind over the testimony of Wonwoo.

 

          After a long while of pausing in front of the tall, golden frame, he eventually moved forward to meet his demon hyung.

 

          Unfortunately, Mingyu missed the action as he only witnessed DK shaking while changing Wonwoo’s clothing. He ran loudly as expected, but he comforted the poor butler and helped him change Wonwoo’s clothes.

 

          After the task, DK’s face became pale. Seemed like he aged for 10 years that fast. Who would not when someone was left alone with two REAL demons? Goodness! Mingyu had no idea how heart raising and tearing those feelings were for an ordinary man. But wait! Mingyu is a human too, right? Yeah… but not the average one. His life was a playground of cruelty to begin with. In fact, it’s the demon who first showed him mercy and what he called ‘love’. That’s why Mingyu considered him as his guardian angel right from the start. Probably, Wonwoo was less cruel than those humans who disposed him somewhere to die. Can you imagine that people (humans) could be worse than real demons? Who could blame him with the way he thinks? Poor him. But thanks to that experience, Mingyu seemed to adapt well and he’s living his ‘happiest?’ moments of his life with his considered ‘Real Family’. Good job!

 

          Enough of making fun of the poor, thin butler on the side, time for him to notice the trembling Jeonghan, who was seated on Wonwoo’s bed. Mingyu went close. He was concerned; however, Wonwoo warned him to step back because they won’t know what Jeonghan could possibly do with his mood at the moment.

 

          Mingyu smiled when he felt that Wonwoo was protecting him; nonetheless, he still –as always- ignored Wonwoo’s orders.

 

          The boy sat and caressed the beautiful devil beside him. He asked what happened, but the demon refused to speak.

 

          Jeonghan was sad… again. He’s even sadder than the last time.

 

          After a while of persuading Jeonghan to speak, Mingyu won’t easily give up. He stayed right beside Jeonghan the whole time. On the other hand, the concerned youngest demon was ever alert.

 

Mingyu:

Anything I can do for you?

 

Jeonghan:

(He looked straight at the boy’s sincere eyes)

Help me.

(He whispered, and he seemed not in his true self.)

 

Mingyu:

(Mingyu thought that he was in pain. He remembered that Vernon once said those words too.)

W-what happened?

 

          Mingyu was to offer his embrace, but Wonwoo held him back.

 

Wonwoo:

I said don’t do near him.

(He said with a firm voice)

 

Mingyu:

But he’s in pain.

 

Wonwoo:

You don’t know if h-

 

          Wonwoo was stunned on how Mingyu pulled back his hands aggressively from him just to comfort Jeonghan. He was unstoppable. It left him speechless for the first time. He thought Mingyu was eager to help Jeonghan regardless of their status and the consequences. That time, he realized that Mingyu don’t just have a big heart, but he’s… he’s divine-like. If he was not an angel in human’s form, then, the angels must have been watching over him so well.

 

Mingyu:

You can talk to me.

(He smiled)

What’s the problem?

 

          The other devil looked at him with his sorrowful eyes.

 

Jeonghan:

I

(With shaky voice)

I don’t know.

Help me.

(With his wide opened eyes and panting)

 

          Jeonghan was remembering some kind of things in his mind. War. Cruelty. Blood. . Humans. Heartless humans! Jeonghan bent down covering his ears, and Mingyu embraced him so tight and warm.

 

Mingyu:

It’s alright.

We are here.

Jeonghanie hyung… I know you will feel better with us.

So, I think, we should get going.

 

          Mingyu lifted the devil up and showed him a warm smile.

 

Mingyu:

Don’t worry.

Everything will be fine.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t remember.

Why…

(He murmured)

Why?! Why?!

(He shouted)

 

          Mingyu and DK was alerted. And oh, the devil of greed too. As a result, he shoved his human collections behind him to protect them from his brother.

 

Jeonghan was acting weird since he saw that Death god and Wonwoo didn’t feel good that time.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan hyung!

 

          Mingyu ran back to comfort him, but Wonwoo stopped him.

 

Mingyu:

Hy-

 

          Wonwoo’s fierce eyes stopped the tall boy from his actions.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t want to remember!

(He bit his lips until it bled)

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan hyung. Stop hurting yourself!

 

Wonwoo:

Let him be.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung, he needs someone.

 

Wonwoo:

He’s dangerous.

 

          As soon as Wonwoo said it, Jeonghan went ruining everything he touched. Wonwoo even pushed the two boys out of the room. Good thing he was almost fully healed that he could stop Jeonghan from his beastly actions. The younger demon caged the older one through his arms tightly until the redness of Jeonghan’s eyes from ager died down. When things calmed down, the devil of lust was feeling something pouring down his cheeks. His eyes were blurry that he couldn’t even see the younger demon in front of him clearly. What was it that blocked his vision? It was water. Water that came out from his sorrowful eyes.  

 

          On the contrary, Wonwoo was really dazed on Jeonghan’s reaction. Jeonghan was crying. Jeonghan had tears falling from his eyes. He’s weak. Weaker maybe… weaker than Vernon and him.

 

Wonwoo:

(With a cold voice)

Stop.

You are ruining my house, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo.

(He whispered)

Don’t leave me.

 

          He slowly went and embrace Wonwoo tightly and innocently for the very first time. Jeonghan was gentle… Jeonghan was innocent… Jeonghan seemed loving. The demon of lust was showing the opposite of his title… he’s pure at the moment. He’s glowing right under the light of the silvery blue moon. And Wonwoo couldn’t stop feeling surprise every single second he spend with the demon of lust.

 

Wonwoo:

(He accepted Jeonghan’s embrace, but never gave Jeonghan a hug back. That’s at least the best that he could do.)

He (Hoshi) won’t know.

(He mumbled)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry.

 

          When everything seemed fine. Mingyu and DK approached them.

 

DK:

I-is everything alright?

 

Mingyu:

(He wiped Jeonghan’s tears)

Jeonghan hyung…

Don’t be sad.

(He smiled)
I prepared something for everyone.

And…

I-I forgot to tell you that Vernon hyung is invited.

 

Wonwoo:

(Back to his annoyed face)

That brat!

 

Mingyu:

Well, he kinda know Jun hyung’s birthday too. And he personally greeted him in his office. I don’t know his intentions, but… maybe… well, I’m kinda sure that it was Seungkwanie since he stared at him intently beside Jun hyung while greeting him a happy birthday?

(He explained awkwardly)

 

          Wonwoo raised his eyebrows but didn’t say any word. Meanwhile, DK was always afraid of them and trembled. He makes sure that he’d never act something that could irritate any of them. On the other hand, Mingyu was comforting Jeonghan until he totally calmed down.

 

***

 

          It’s already past 8 in the evening, Seungkwan was contacting him from the car because he’s waiting for almost an hour already, and he had no clue of when would they come out of that enormous mansion. He’s supposed to wait there for just a couple of minutes. How come Mingyu took so long only by calling them?

 

On the contrary, Joshua and Jun were on their way to the reserved restaurant for Jun’s surprise party.

 

Seungkwan:

(Over the phone)

Ya! When are you planning to go down?

 

Mingyu:

We’re about to go down. Sorry Seungkwanie~

 

Seungkwan:

Don’t tell me you got lost in that mansion? You’ve been running in and out that even the devil don’t know you knew holes he don’t know exist! Tsk!

 

Mingyu:

What?

(He became confused)

What are you talking about?

 

Seungkwan:

The one you came ruining after you came…

(He sighed and realized, he won’t ever discover the meaning of what he meant)

Your small brain won’t internalize what I meant. So get down. Faster!

You don’t want the party to be ruined because we came later than them.

 

Mingyu:

Oh yeah. Yeah! Right! Where are they?

 

Seungkwan:

Joshua hyung says they’re 30 minutes from the restaurant, so faster! I will make this car fly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter