Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Selflessness

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Selflessness

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was brought by his feet in front of the church. A catholic one with the big cross on the top and an old architecture structure with a few columns and a distinguished well-carved golden altar in the middle elevated by a small stage.

 

He’s lurking the whole day up until night. He saw people come and go. Wonwoo could hear their prayers out loud, thanking and asking for everything they need and wants.

 

Wonwoo became uneasy while time passes by. He was observing people walking and talking until they left.

 

Finally the deep night came. The devil saw a man wearing his white soutane going out of the church and was about to close it after the sign of the cross.

 

When Wonwoo saw him, he came near; although, there’s a chance that it’d hurt him because of the power of heavens.

 

Wonwoo:

Wait!

 

The priest looked at that person who called him as soon as he heard the voice. He looked at him with a loving smile.

 

Priest:

Yes?

How may I help you?

 

Wonwoo:

Tell me… does your God grants wishes?

 

From the way the young man spoke, the priest knew that he was not a very religious man. In fact, he could be not. But then, the church had called him for a reason and so he smiled and spoke.

 

Priest:

Well, he has a purpose on anything.

He has plans, son.

Is there something you want?

 

Wonwoo:

(In doubt)

He won’t grant mine.

He won’t listen because I’m the worst.

(He said in haste, seemed like he’s in a hurry)

I want you to talk to him.

 

Priest:

He will listen to anyone.

Even if you are the worst as you claim, my son. As long as you turn yourself to him.

(He smiled while advising him)

 

Wonwoo:

No.

I’m worst more than you can imagine.

Please tell him that I want something very important.

Send the message to him.

I’m begging you.

 

Priest:

I can see your sincerity, my child.

He will listen. I will assure you that.

Don’t you believe in him?

He exist.

 

Wonwoo:

I know him. I am sure of it… that’s why I’m taking this last hope.

 

He looked sincere and desperate that the priest felt happy hearing that from someone who’s claiming that he’s the worst person to talk to the highest being on earth. It was obvious that he’s not a believer based on how he talked but he believed that he (the almighty) exist, moreover, could grant his wish more than anything else. He said he was his last hope.

 

The priest got curious.

 

Priest:

There’s nothing wrong talking to him.

And it’s better to personally tell him what you want.

What is it you want that you are desperate with?

 

Wonwoo:

I’m not worthy seeing him.

I’ve done the most horrible thing to do. I am evil.

 

Priest:

Are you afraid that he will reject you?

 

Wonwoo:

(He looked down as he became shy to admit it)

Y-Yes.

Can you help me?

I need you to pray for someone.

Tell him to heal him. Please.

 

For the first time, Wonwoo was asking somebody’s help. Not to the strongest person in the world, but probably the weakest and kindest one.

 

Priest:

I see.

(He smiled)

You know, child. I am not as perfect as you think.

We are all sinners. We are humans after all.

And…

Trust your heart.

(Pointed at Wonwoo’s heart)

When you talk to him with your sincerity… I’m sure he will listen.

I will leave the door open.

And tell me his name. I will help you pray for that person.

 

Wonwoo:

(He didn’t even hesitate a second and said Mingyu’s name quickly.)

His name is Kim Mingyu.

He’s my brother.

Please… tell him he’s hurt. He needs help.

Save him.

Please.

(He looked to the old man with his worried and expecting expression)

 

The priest could see his love for that person that he’s doing everything he could to save his brother.

 

Priest:

Where is he?

I will visit him and pray over.

 

Wonwoo:

He at the hospital.

(He gave the Hospital’s name and location)

He badly needs help.

 

Priest:

I will go right away.

But I need you to pray with me.

Alright?

I will be back.

 

Wonwoo:

Alright.

Thank you so much.

I hope he’ll listen to me.

(He muttered quietly with a sad tone)

 

After the priest had left, Wonwoo bravely stepped his foot inside the sacred place.

 

Entering that place gave him the burning sensation, a sensation that was way more than excruciating than Hoshi’s fire or his father’s. It was punishing him a lot. Maybe it’s not about the feeling of the church but his feeling of guilt. The weight of his sin was greatly punishing him from inside out.

 

Even though, it hurts him a lot, he still went inside without returning back.

 

He walked to the aisle slowly until he reached the 2nd row near the altar and looked up at the big cross in front of him. Then, he slowly had his knees fall down willingly to the floor as he crawled using his knees to reach the altar. He bowed his head with a sorrowful and pleading heart and stated his wish.

 

Wonwoo:

I know very well that you are real. You’ve already granted my wishes so many times even though I don’t ask.

I am sorry that I remained stoned hearted despite your gifts, even if I turned into one of your enemies.

I know you can hear me. I know you are listening.

It’s just that…

I’ve failed to accept your gifts properly and you think that I am not worthy enough.

But this time… this time… please… heal Mingyu.

Heal my brother.

He’s getting worse.

He’s getting weak.

He’s suffering.

He do not deserve this.

Please. Grand my wish once more.

Please.

(He said in a very sad tone)

 

Then, the devil cried endlessly, pleading for Mingyu’s life.

 

Wonwoo:

This wish… this wish…

(Halted as he’s holding up to his tears. He knew he wasn’t acting like himself, but it wasn’t about him anymore. It was about Mingyu.)

I will not ask for more.

I will do what you want me to do.

I promise.

Just please save him.

I am calling for you. You are powerful and I know you can heal Mingyu anytime, any day.

I know I am not a good son to you that I betrayed you from the moment I learned how to be greedy.

You’ve gifted me a family but I never thanked you for that.

I am sorry.

I cannot pay back what I’ve stole and destroyed from you.

I know I am not worthy of forgiveness.

But Mingyu… he did everything for me. Don’t punish him. I deserve all of that.

I caused him that.

Forgive me.

I know he’s a precious one…

I am sorry. Please don’t let him go to the other side.

He do not belong there.

(Taking a few heavy breathes.)

He’s not weak as I am… he can do better than anyone here on earth.

He’s the purest, kindest… even the best person in the world.

I am sure, he’s making you proud…

But I made him do bad things.

Forgive him. Please. His love is so strong that he’d give everything up for anybody; even if he’d lose everything.

 

With his cries echoing the place, the heavens would surely heard his intentions and with his heart hurting so much. He talked endlessly, hoping that the Almighty might listen. He did that because he wanted to be heard immediately. He’s greedy after all.

 

When Wonwoo felt hopeless, getting angry of himself because of what he’s done, he lose hope thinking that he might not be heard. The pain was terrible and he couldn’t help to feel the pain in his heart. Then, he sat, realizing that it might be a good punishment for him. However, holding anything he could grab on to this point, he chose not to give up. His tears, his prayers, his apology were all for Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo:

Please save him.

(He said in a whisper)

I love that boy so much. I know my love won’t match his, but he’s my hope.

My only hope.

I don’t want him to suffer.

He’s a good man.

Please don’t let him lose to someone else’s hands. I’m begging you.

If you will take him… don’t let Lucifer touch him.

You are my only and last hope.

I hope, even if I am a devil, you’ll hear me.

 

As he continued his prayers, he grew weaker and weaker because his energy was depleting due to the strong divine power punishing his body.

 

He became quiet, almost fainting, but he wasn’t giving up. By the time he glanced to a stained glass up above, the place suddenly lit up, so bright and divine. It was blinding but the warmth was such a sweet one. Slowly, the light gathered into the ce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter