Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Anger

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Anger

 

They didn’t expect that Vernon’s story would end like that.

 

Seungkwan carried Vernon and buried him somewhere in the woods. He was praying for him when someone appeared on his back talking with a cold voice.

 

Seungcheol:

So, who is he?

 

Seungkwan:

It’s a long story, but he’s my one and only friend. I loved him the most.

But too sad I caused him a lot.

 

Seungcheol:

So, you have connection in your human form?

 

Seungkwan;

Yeah.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Vernon was a crowned prince in his kingdom way back in the past. He always spend his time to be a good prince and to be a good leader to rule his people in the future.

 

However, the little prince grew a little stubborn for he was raised well through his wealth and position, but out of curiosity, he tried to sneak out from his castle, that’s where he learned new things that wasn’t written on the books he had. And slowly, he reformed himself into a nice person, since he witnessed that not all beautiful things he sees inside his castle was abundant in his land. In short, he’s living in the most luxurious way possible that he didn’t know his people was extremely struggling to live. The one who made him realize that problem was a jolly boy whom he saw fooling around the streets, wearing basically, a rag. He looked at him, he was thin, yet he was cheerful. Moreover, he makes people happy around him. That time, the young prince didn’t understand. It was obvious that he’s not eating properly, he’s not having the most comfortable clothes, and he had no shelter- even a family.

 

That boy called Seungkwan was a beggar and an orphan.

 

The first time he approached him, Vernon was a little nervous and cautious. He wasn’t so sure how to actually talk to people he’s meeting for the first time without his attendants introducing that person.  So anyway, it was not his plan to make friends, but since the boy caught his attention, he set aside buying food for his empty stomach and talk to the beggar instead.

 

Since he must conceal his identity, he ripped his beautiful silk clothes and put some dirt on it before approaching him.

 

Vernon:

Hey.

 

Looking at his clothes, provided that the boy was really gorgeous, it caught Seungkwan’s attention; however, it never passes in his mind that he’s a noble since his clothes were all ripped and dirty. The boy aged 7 was still innocent that a prince aged 13 was actually in front of him.

 

On the contrary, the pitiful boy took more pity after seeing a taller and ‘assuming’ older one who looked really terrible. Seungkwan assumed that he was a slave who ran away from his masters based on his dirty looks- and believe it or not, the boy loved to stare at his big hazel eyes. Immediately, he fell for the prince’s charm.

 

Seungkwan:

Are you okay?

You look terrible.

Have you eaten?

 

The prince was touched on how the boy approached him. That even though, he too had not eaten yet, he was kind enough to mind others first.

 

Vernon:

I am fine.

(He exposed a handsome smile)

 

Seungkwan:

You must be hungry.

C’mon. Let’s go.

 

Vernon:

Where are we going?

 

Seungkwan:

We’re are getting food.

 

Vernon:

I have mo-

(He halted ones he realized that he must not expose himself)

How?

 

Seungkwan:

Watch me.

 

Seungkwan sang playfully, but he wasn’t aware that he actually sounded like a nightingale. It’s beautiful. Passer-by took time to stop and enjoy Seungkwan’s improvised song. He’s that talented, but the boy thought he looked funny and entertaining as he continued his acrobatic slight ballet act, but mostly, he would sing his mom’s lullaby for him when she was still alive.

 

After the performance, they would give small amount of money, some would not. And that money was used by Seungkwan to buy a piece of loaf that he shared to Vernon.

 

Seungkwan:

Eat a lot.

(He smiled)

 

While eating, the prince noticed that many children were looking at them. He assumed that they were hungry too. Meanwhile, Seungkwan gave them each until he had almost only a handful piece of bread from the previous half loaf from earlier.

 

The boy distributed the bread equally to the other children, and seeing that, the prince immediately learned how to be humble and learned the meaning of sacrifice.

 

Starting from that day, Vernon goes to him so he could laugh and hear his beautiful voice. In exchange of the laughter and entertainment Seungkwan was giving him for free, he decided to teach him how to write and read; moreover, he was the one to bring him food.

 

From that day on, they become best of friends. They treated each other like brothers. And since that day, Vernon kept his status in order to see Seungkwan every time he’s free.

 

The time when Vernon reached his legal age, he’s obliged to sit on his throne and rule his kingdom. Before thinking about what his people thought of him, he was busy worrying himself on how he’d confess to Seungkwan without hurting his feelings. Since there’d be no escape and the circumstances would gave him no other choice, he didn’t think twice and immediately revealed his status to the boy, hoping that he’d not get offended with his decision of keeping his identity to him.

 

After hearing that, Seungkwan lowered his head and gave honor to the new king. He felt embarrassed on how he acted towards him and asked for forgiveness.

 

The newly ordained king smiled. Instead of punishing the person who tease, sometimes bully him, and who actually taught him how to be a great leader to his people, Vernon humbled himself. He lowered his knees and bowed before his most treasured and beloved friend and ask for his assistance inside the palace.

 

The peasant panicked. He couldn’t imagine that a royalty, especially a king, would ever bow down on him, even in the wildest of his dreams.

 

Seungkwan:

Your highness, I am just a peasant. I have no right to be treated like this.

 

Vernon:

(Lifted his head and stood up pulling his friend up too)

No. you deserve this. You are my teacher, Seungkwan.

(He smiled humbly)

You taught me what the palace cannot educate me.

From now on, please live with me in the palace and please guide me as well.

 

People murmured around them. Even the officials had this silent opposition through their buzzes.

 

Vernon:

I appoint you as my royal advisor, my friend.

You don’t know how thankful I am for having you.

 

Seungkwan:

Ve-

Y-Your highness. I do not deserve this.

 

The king held Seungkwan’s hands and pleaded.

 

Vernon:

I would gladly hear that you wanted to be by my side too, Seungkwan.

 

Seungkwan:

But… my king.

 

Since there’s no way Seungkwan would agree, maybe he fears everyone, or maybe he’s ashamed of his status, the king shouted to the whole place- loud and clear- his first order.

 

Vernon:

You can’t touch my beloved friend and teacher. Otherwise you will face death!

Seungkwan is now my adviser. He will serve as the voice of those who needs my help.

 

While those royalties and nobles object his orders, the commoners and peasant went cheering the boy and the king up- proud and loud.

 

People:

Long live the king!

Long live the king!

 

Vernon:

(Looked dearly to his friend)

So, can you come with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter