Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Hero to Villain

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears:  Hero to Villain

 

And so, Mingyu started…

 

INT. JWW CORP._

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu went to the main office which was JWW Corp. with Joshua driving them. On the other hand, DK went to the other office owned by Mingyu himself.

 

As people observed, especially those who were close to him, everything seemed normal. Except when Mingyu was not acting the strangest boy in the world but instead, the most respectable and powerful man on earth.

 

Joshua was somehow worried. He couldn’t read Mingyu’s mind. That time, he wished for the devil’s power so they could read what’s on Mingyu’s mind. Moreover, they’d know whatever he’s thinking or going through. Joshua knew that Mingyu has the tendency to keep it all for himself. He knew that he’s a good man. However, his life after Jun was foreign to them, especially the things he had experience with Lord of the underworld. It must be terrible.

 

As of the moment, all they could do was observe. They fear that Mingyu was in pain although he’s not showing it. They were scared that that pain he was trying to hide was the one that would cause his destruction.

 

The whole day, they’re signing papers, meeting people, and thinking of new ways to promote. It was so exhausting for everyone. And there, Joshua could see Mingyu through the glass walls in Wonwoo’s office, sleeping on the royal office chair that Wonwoo considers his throne. Meanwhile, Wonwoo was working at Jun’s office because Mingyu requested that he wanted to work in his office instead. Fortunately, and miraculously, the demon obeyed and let him do what he wanted to do, since both rooms are just the same in Wonwoo’s eyes. Rooms are still rooms, do they? They just differ from design, but as long as Wonwoo was comfortable, he doesn’t mind.

 

So when Joshua found their boy sleeping on his chair wearing his exhausted handsome face, Joshua couldn’t help but to smile.

 

Joshua

Poor boy.

Jun would probably scold you if he sees you.

 

But unlike Jun, Joshua was so caring and loving. So what he would do if he sees him like that, was to put on a blanket; caress the boy’s head lightly; and call a restaurant to order food for their poor hardworking young man.

 

Joshua had waited for him to wake up, so he could invite him to eat and talk, if possible.

 After a while, Mingyu woke up seeing Joshua staring at him. Mingyu found his hyung’s face so gentle and beautiful, especially with that smile he’s showing him. No one would ever question why many people would fall in love with him. He even made a half demon trapped in his kindness and love. In addition, Wonwoo wanted him. That’s a home run!

 

Mingyu

Oh!

(Mingyu realized that he slept while working)

Did I fall asleep?

 

Joshua

Yes dear.

(He smiled)

Your food is ready.

 

Mingyu

Oh thanks!

You know me well, hyung.

Where are the others?

 

Joshua

Done eating.

They can’t wait for you any longer.

(He looked at him like he was waiting for something.)

 

Mingyu

(He noticed Joshua looking at him and thought something must be troubling the other.)

Why?

Is there something wrong, hyung?

Why are you looking at me like that?

 

Joshua

(He went straight to the point)

What’s our plan, Mingyu?

 

Mingyu

Plan?

 

Joshua

C’mon, you don’t have to hide it.

 

Mingyu

I am not.

(He smiled)

Just wait and see.

For now… make us renowned to the whole wide world.

Make me more handsome and presentable like what Wonwoo hyung did to me the first time we met.

Let me have the power.

 

Joshua

Easy.

(But he was worried that Mingyu was planning so big that he couldn’t handle with his fragile heart. He can’t be the type of a person to be labelled as human but of an angel. He could feel no hatred, no envy, he didn’t even know what pride was. But now, he’s forcing himself to something that would cause him a lot.)

But you don’t mean that you already sold your soul, Mingyu.

 

Mingyu

Don’t worry, I haven’t and it’s true.

(He smiled)

But I don’t have time left to postpone everything.

 

Mingyu’s seriousness made Joshua decide to obey Mingyu no matter what he requested without asking any more questions. He trusted the boy whom Jun also entrusted his life and all the people precious to him

 

Joshua

I won’t ask, but you have to promise me that you’ll be alright. Is that clear?

(Leaning towards the boy and caressed his wonderful and angelic face.)

 

Mingyu:

Not sure, hyung.

(He said honestly.)

.

.

.

 

Joshua took care of everything Mingyu ordered him to do- smoothly and surely. He swear to put his life in the line for their little angel, who was on a mission at the moment. Joshua protected him like how Jun would, care for him like he usually do, look after him because he’s worried too much.

 

Time flies so fast. People did not notice that the power had turned up side down. Wonwoo, for example, didn’t feel that Mingyu had already exercising power onto him and to the people surrounding him. He had dominated people, now that power and money were all easy for the young man. He learned how to manipulate people, and now, all hands on Wonwoo’s company with Joshua’s help, of course.

 

Not waiting any longer, Wonwoo had been hearing good news from the performance of their company. He experienced sales improvement, new investors, new partners, and etcetera in a matter of such a short time with Mingyu handling the company. The devil didn’t even know if Mingyu was capable of doing it himself. DK, on the other hand, was working hard too, to make sure his department store won’t be left behind.

.

.

.

INT. WONWOO’S MANSION_ LIVING ROOM

 

It’s been a long time since the two talk. And now, for after so many busy days, Mingyu stayed at home with Wonwoo- like an ordinary boy he knew from the first time he encountered him.

 

Wonwoo observed the big boy leaning his body on the couch who was carrying his Gameboy (he bought the old one because he love the style), playing on something exciting (for him) but actually boring for the others. He’s still playing Harvest Moon- the farming stuffs. He loved it!

 

Wonwoo sat near him without any words, bringing along the juice he prepared for himself only. Looked like a chocolate minty flavor with it’s color. He prepared that on his liking, he did not order anybody to do it for him because they couldn’t get what he wanted at the moment.

 

Anyway Wonwoo, with his usual hobby which is reading, finally noticed that Mingyu was busy playing a very old game with excitement on his face. It was an unusual reaction for a slow paced, and for Wonwoo, boring game. But with Mingyu, he was obviously excited seeing his newly hatched chick, or see his crops grow, even to have dig a platinum mineral in a cave. Wonwoo thought, he’s still boring. Nothing has changed. Maybe? However, he admitted that his pet’s boring face and ways never cease to relax him rather than what killing does.

 

Mingyu

Oh!

Thank you for the juice hyung!

(He thought that it was for him. He always assume that it was for him.)

 

Wonwoo

It’s not for you.

Make your own.

 

Mingyu

Eiii!

Hyung, why can’t you just make some extra when you make shakes, so you can share?

Geez!

Learn how to share.

(He pouted)

 

Wonwoo

(Wearing a no emotion face)

I don’t know that thing.

 

Mingyu

Don’t play dumb. Sharing is caring, you know?

 

Wonwoo

You know I don’t like playing dumb, and most of all, I don’t like dumb people like you.

 

Mingyu

What?!

(He was enraged- but cutely)

Are you not proud of me?!

I’m gaining the title ‘entrepreneur of the year’ hyung!

Please praise me a little.

 

Wonwoo

Not enough.

 

Mingyu:

Whaaaaaat?!

(Being noisy again)

 

Wonwoo:

Stop being noisy, or else I’ll kill you.

 

Mingyu:

But hyung!

I’m doing my best just for you to praise me.

 

Wonwoo:

(Finally gave him a cold look, which made Mingyu backed down a bit)

If you want me to praise you.

Kill people.

 

Mingyu:

(He trembled)

I-

(Then he smirked like a devil- like Wonwoo does)

I did.

 

Wonwoo was surprised. Though, his quick enlarged eyes wasn’t noticed immediately by the boy, so he didn’t know if he’s surprised or not because he easily went back to his emotionless face.

 

Wonwoo admitted that he saw Mingyu as a scary person for the first time. Those grin was different. Different from pretending cool and imitating him.

 

Wonwoo:

What a sudden change, my boy.

 

Mingyu:

Yes it is.

I killed so many- especially girls.

(He banged a cute gun heart ammunition forming on his hands)

You don’t know how they swoon over me.

But, it’s quite a hard task, hyung.

You mind give me an advice?

 

Wonwoo:

(He smirked)

Kill them slowly.

 

But deep down inside, he’s worried. He was sure that Mingyu was not just acting. He was pretty sure that somehow, he was telling him the truth. And yet, despite his growing greediness, cheekiness and no matter how they called that sinful actions, he’s still affectionate like an innocent man.

 

Mingyu:

(When he noticed that Wonwoo wasn’t interested at all because he didn’t like answering him back again)

That isn’t cool to you, hyung?

 

Wonwoo:

Nope.

(Back to reading)

 

Mingyu:

What’s cool to you?

 

Wonwoo:

(He looked at him with an evil smile)

You being and idiotic human. The most stupid person in the world, lad.

That’s very entertaining.

 

Mingyu smiled gently, like Wonwoo was saying that he wanted the old Mingyu back. The one that he really adored the most.

 

So, without any second thought the pet jumped over the busy demon, who was currently gripping on his refreshments. Unfortunately, Mingyu was not just wishing his death, but also his soul to be burned to hell when the drinks spilled on Wonwoo’s clothes and book.

 

Immediately, the demon wore his scariest stares Mingyu could ever imagine, but that looks didn’t make him falter at all, maybe a little. He continued to sit on Wonwoo’s lap; moreover, since he’s gonna die anyway, he took a sip on Wonwoo’s refreshment. It made Mingyu wore his weirdest face ever, and that’s where Wonwoo made a faint smile.

 

Mingyu:

(With his unreadable expression after drinking a weird tasting drinks)

What’s that?

 

Wonwoo:

Delicious, isn’t it?

 

Mingyu:

What?

Hyung, I will call a doctor, immediately.

It tastes like the whole world.

(He meant literally.)

 

Wonwoo:

Really?

(He grinned)

How does the world tastes, brother?

(Still on his lap, and he didn’t even care if Mingyu was forever sitting on his lap.)

 

Mingyu:

It literally tastes like soil with some roots

(Describing with a very precise disgusted face)

With lemon and something like herbs with a little taste of grapes and some weird things more…

Like…

(Paused another second)

Meat.

Eeeew!

 

Wonwoo:

Woah.

(Monotone and dead tone)

You are still normal, brother.

(He smiled)

If you like it, you can have it.

 

Mingyu:

No thanks, better make my own.

What’s in it?

 

Wonwoo:

Just like what you’ve said- the WHOLE WORLD.

(He teased with his intentions of half meant true because what Mingyu had told him was precise.)

 

Just then, DK and Joshua were carrying; moreover, sipping on those the same thing- with surprisingly enjoying face.

 

On the other hand, Joshua and DK laughed at them after a big surprise in their faces because Mingyu was sitting on Wonwoo’s lap like a baby.

 

Joshua:

How sweet.

 

DK on his phone, took a several photo of them.

 

DK:

So cute!

 

They were comfortable with the demon. Mingyu won’t blame him, Wonwoo was the weirdest demon after all. He’s adorable too.

 

Joshua:

What has gotten into you two?

 

Wonwoo:

This frog leap on my lap like an idiot.

 

Mingyu:

(Finally stood up)

Tsk!

And hyung! What are those you are drinking?

 

Joshua:

I believe Wonwoo hyung did this a little early?

We saw it on the refrigerator and decided to drink it, since Wonwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter