Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Charity

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Charity

 

          Mingyu and Seungkwan stayed at their room the whole time. They did not went out for the rest of the day. Only Seungkwan went out to get Mingyu’s food; however, he won’t eat. Seungkwan and the others were worried, except for the very pleased demon.

 

          Jun approached Seungkwan and asked what happened. The butler explained everything to him and they both ran to their room. Jun found Mingyu lying down on his bed in a fetus position. The poor boy was in the dark. Without hesitation, Jun pulled him up and embraced him.

 

Jun:

Mingyu-ya, it’s okay.

 

Mingyu:

But I hurt him.

I can hurt people, hyung.

(He was still crying)

 

Jun:

(He was extremely worried and thought Mingyu shouldn’t be experiencing that kind of pain. He felt bad as he too couldn’t do anything to protect him.)

No… You did the right choice.

I will protect you from him, Mingyu-ya.

I’m sorry.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung…

I can still see what I did.

 

Jun:

Mingyu ya, enough. It’s not your fault.

I will find a way for all of you to get out from this hell.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung…

(Still sobbing)

I won’t run.

I-i promise you, I will protect you. But promise me that if I become a monster like him… b-before I become one, please don’t hesitate to kill me.

 

Jun:

That won’t happen, Mingyu.

 

          Mingyu fell asleep because of exhaustion. The next morning he woke up. His glistening smile was not present. His eyes were blank. It seemed so dark.

 

          Meanwhile, the devil was amused by seeing how bad Mingyu was suffering at the moment.

 

Wonwoo:

(Murmured)

It was just like that at the beginning but eventually, you’ll come to love it.

(He smirked enjoying his meal.)

 

          Seungkwan, seeing his master sad, made him sad too. He didn’t know a way of how to comfort his friend. Jun too was clueless of how would Mingyu return to his old self. Meanwhile, Joshua approached him and thought that he was sick.

 

Joshua:

Mingyu-ya, are you sick?

 

Mingyu:

(That call brought him back to reality)

Ah-no, hyung.

(He forced a smile)

I-I just couldn’t sleep last night.

 

Joshua:

I see.

I didn’t see you yesterday night. Are you really okay now?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah.

I just don’t feel right yesterday, so I stayed in our room.

 

Joshua:

Alright. Just call us when you need us.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you, hyung.

 

          Mingyu became gloomy until they were off to go to their next stop, which was the Philippines. As they hopped into their plane, once again, Mingyu was seated beside the devil.  

 

          For the first time, Mingyu made no sound. Again, it amused Wonwoo who was reading his book.

 

Wonwoo:

You okay?

 

Mingyu:

(Answered lamely)

Yeah. You?

 

          It surprised Wonwoo that he still had the guts to ask him if he was okay.

 

Wonwoo:

You knew what I am. Jun told you.

(He smirked)

 

Mingyu:

Yeah.

(He answered shortly)

But he’s lacking something. He knew something. He hides something.

(He continued his sentence looking at the space blankly.)

 

Wonwoo:

You are right.

He’s hiding something.

 

Mingyu:

(Finally looked at Wonwoo)

Don’t you know?

You read minds, but how can you not read his?

 

Wonwoo:

He’s my son. I can’t read his mind. He’s partly has my blood- a demon.

I can’t read my keen’s mind.

 

Mingyu:

(Then again, he became alive)

What?!

Say that again!

 

          Good thing, Jun and the others were seated 3 rows away that he didn’t hear a thing.

 

Wonwoo:

You hear me.

(He smirked)

 

Mingyu:

Ho-how did it happen?

Did he know?

 

Wonwoo:

No one knew except me, his mother and now... you.

 

Mingyu:

You are capable of loving?

 

Wonwoo:

No.

I am a demon.

 

Mingyu:

But, h-how ca-

(It confused him)

 

Wonwoo:

We are capable of reproducing too. My body is still a human; though, I’m just immortal.

It was just easy Mingyu.

You’ll know soon.

 

Mingyu:

Do you love his mother?

 

Wonwoo:

No.

You can have without love, brother.

(He smiled naughtily)

 

          Mingyu panicked because people could hear them.

 

Mingyu:

(Covered Wonwoo’s mouth without him –again- knowing)

Shhh!

There are a lot of people here.

 

          Wonwoo was surprised with his sudden action; and although, he was not his own son, he couldn’t predict him because sometimes he don’t think before doing a certain action or decision. And he loved it.

 

Wonwoo:

(Pushed away Mingyu’s hand covering his mouth.)

Put that away.

 

Mingyu:

Oh! Sorry.

 

          Wonwoo scanned him, and he seemed that he already came back to normal.

 

Wonwoo:

(He was amused on how his mind works)

You’re back again?

 

Mingyu:

(He blushed)

Um… yeah.

I need to be strong.

(He cleared his throat.)

 

          They had arrived in Palawan (an island) in no time. Jun and Seungkwan were still worried about Mingyu, Joshua as well. He’s been quiet for many days now, but it surprised them when Mingyu came running through the fine white sand merrily and stopped right before the water. He appreciated the view first before smelling the aroma of the refreshing air. Although, he’s been to a very beautiful beach in Indonesia, he acted like it was his first time to see one. In his eyes, everything was new. He was just like of a child excited to be out from a small space.

 

          The rest seated inside a cottage near the sea below a coconut tree. Seungkwan was quite fazed because after all that happened, here he goes again. He acted like nothing happened and sighed deeply.

 

Seungkwan:

After what happened, he’s well again.

Aigoo~ my master is unbelievable!

I never knew that I would be taking care of a toddler.

(He giggled)

 

          Then, he noticed that he was beside the devil, he immediately got goosebumps and slid himself away from him. The demon, however, in all way possible.

 

Wonwoo:

Butler…

(He called with a serious tone.)

 

Seungkwan:

M-master.

(He stiffen)

 

Wonwoo:

Get me some refreshments.

(He smirked)

 

Seungkwan:

Ok-okay, master.

What do you want?

(He couldn’t even meet the eyes of the demon, remembering the pain he experienced in the neck.)

 

Wonwoo:

Anything you prefer.

(He looked at him with a sarcastic smile)
You are adorable. No wonder Mingyu loves you.

I’ll keep you. Don’t worry.

I need a bait to catch a big fish.

(He threatened)

 

Seungkwan:

(He gulped while his sweat was pouring continuously down his face.)

Y-yes master.

 

          Jun was looking fiercely yet calmly at his master. He was monitoring his every movement. Later on, Wonwoo felt that Jun was glaring back at him. He smirked and called Joshua near him.

 

Wonwoo:

Joshua, come.

 

          Jun heard the same thing he heard that day. He trembled a bit; however, he was prepared.

 

Wonwoo:

(He continued)

Have you been enjoying this vacation?

 

Joshua:

Yes, sir.

(He smiled)

 

Wonwoo:

Such a pretty smile.

I’m glad you liked this.

Thank you for your hard work.

(He smiled)

 

          He looked at Jun and saw how anxious he was.

 

Wonwoo:

How about you Jun?

 

Jun:

(Calmed himself and smile sarcastically.)

Yes, master.

 

Wonwoo:

(It amused him seeing Jun troubled)

You deserve this, my Jun.

 

          Indeed, humans were interesting when they were being stupid, caring for their loved ones. Humans could do way beyond their capability when their loved ones were involved.

 

Wonwoo:

This is getting amusing.

(He chuckled)

 

Jun:

It is.

(He responded with a straight tone.)

 

Wonwoo:

I’m glad to hear that.

 

          Wonwoo thought that giving Jun his freedom would be more interesting than handling him with his neck.

 

Wonwoo:

Jun, do you want to be free?

 

Jun:

I will be, soon.

I don’t need your consent, master.

Humans are free.

 

Wonwoo:

(He laughed)

Yeah. I know.

 

          The demon took interest again in Jun. After a long time, he never saw him as human for once. After that night, he became obedient. It has been years, and now the young, and once brave Jun was back again.

 

Wonwoo:

You surprise me as well.

By the way, Joshua?

 

Joshua:

Yes master?

 

Wonwoo:

Call me hyung starting from now on.

And later, I want you to enjoy the tour, alright?

 

Joshua:

Thank you so much ma- ah- hyung.

(He smiled)

 

          Jun gritted in annoyance.

 

Wonwoo:

Relax, Jun.

 

          Later on, Mingyu and Seungkwan came back together at the tent.

 

Mingyu:

The boat (for the tour) is ready.

Let’s go!

 

Seungkwan:

But master will have to finish this (his mango shake) first.

 

Mingyu:

Just bring it with him.

C’mon! c’mon!
 

Joshua:

(Giggled)

Are you okay now?

 

Mingyu:

Fine as ever!

C’mon!

 

          He pulled them forcefully, including the monster, to the small boat. Seungkwan was quite scared because it was too narrow for all of them; nevertheless, they managed to sail successfully.

 

          At last, they arrived in front of a big cave. They would p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter