Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Liberality

Mini Drama: Devil's Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mini Drama: Devil’s Tears: Liberality

 

After the eldest demon left Wonwoo’s mansion, Mingyu rushed up stairs to check upon his hyung/ master, only to find out that his skin was badly damaged; moreover, he couldn’t rescue him immediately because of the demon’s burnt and continuously boiling skin accompanied by blood. The heat was intense that it lasted long even after putting out the fire.

 

Mingyu cried. He sympathized the demon, whose suffering right in front of him. His cries called the other’s attention and it bought Jun beside him immediately.

 

As soon as the baby demon witnessed what happened to the mortal appearance of his father, he was terrified and worried at the same time. The ’seemed’  lifeless body on the floor didn’t appear to be in much pain as they could’ve imagined, but they knew very well that the punishment bestowed on him was dreadful. Seeing Mingyu hurt with what he saw, he wrapped his arms around him to comfort the kind hearted boy.

 

Jun:

He’ll be fine, Mingyu.

I will handle this and I need you to go to Joshua and help him, alright?

 

Mingyu nodded crying like a baby. Aigoo~ The tall boy went obediently to Joshua and help them out with the cleaning.

 

Seungkwan wanted to tease Mingyu for some reason when he saw his eyes all puffed out like he wailed for hours, but he chose not to because he knew that the poor young man’s heart was wounded.

 

On the other hand, Jun tried to lift his badly burnt father, but he just couldn’t. The heat was still present in his body and he could feel the steam just beneath his skin. He worried that if he may have hurried to touch him, the heat would penetrate through his body too, and he didn’t want that to happen. He believed that it’s much painful than the ones Wonwoo let him taste from the last time.

 

He had still protecting to do, so he waited for the right time to help him; though, it took days before he could do that.

 

Finally, Wonwoo was back to his bed, and still he’s lifeless. He won’t move. He won’t talk. But eventually, his skin started to cure on its own.

 

While taking good care of their master, Mingyu felt scared thinking of how Wonwoo was feeling at the moment. He believed it was extremely painful by just looking at his condition; moreover, he’s scared that Hoshi might show himself again anytime to hurt all of them.

 

___

 

It’s been days and Wonwoo’s precious pet didn’t leave his side. What a dedicated person he could be? Seungkwan and Seokmin were worried of him, while Joshua was there to support him no matter what.

 

Meanwhile, Jun was out in the woods to call upon the angel reaper, and at once, Seungcheol appeared.

           

 

Seungcheol:

Yes?

Why did you call, Halfling?

 

Jun:

The eldest visited us… I can’t protect them all with all I’ve got.

 

Seungcheol:

What did he do?

(Raised his brows)

 

Jun:

He burned master and he’s still burning up until now; though, his skin is getting back somehow.

 

Seungcheol:

Their eldest punishment, huh?

(He sighed)

Watch out.

Where is Mingyu?

 

Jun:

He’s with Joshua and the others.

 

Seungcheol:

Listen… that mansion is the safest place for all of you to be in.

I am sure that Wonwoo would protect his collection so well. Just stay there but don’t trust him yet.

Stay alert.

I will come back with a vessel.

Just wait a little longer.

 

Jun:

Understood.

But…

(With a little hesitation to ask)

 

Seungcheol:

(He smirked as he knew the reason why the Halfling hesitated to ask)

What halfling?

(Looked at Jun’s troubled face)

Worried about your father?

Don’t worry. It will regenerate like nothing happened.

 

Jun:

I see.

But… how come the wound Mingyu inflicted hasn’t gone yet?

 

Seungcheol:

(He was surprised)

What do you mean?

It would only last for at least a month, but how come he-

(He crossed his arms and cupped his chin)

It’s weird.

Is he that weak?

Or is my and your powers are just a good combination.

You sure?

(He obviously doubted Jun’s information)

 

Jun:

Yeah.

DK reports to me every time he sees gauze in master’s room. He even emphasized that it’s full of blood.

 

Seugncheol:

Are you sure it was the same wound?

 

Jun:

Nobody can harm him. His brothers use the fires of hell. Knife is not their thing.

Only master uses knife.

 

Seungcheol:

I see.

(Thought deeply)

Anyway. I will be back.

Survive this madness, Jun… you are the only one I can rely on.

 

Jun nodded.

 

___

 

          Days had passed, Wonwoo was still unconscious on his bed with an almost healed body; however, he couldn’t move a bit of his muscle yet. He’s in pain, but he didn’t let them know.

 

While in the middle of paralysis, he was thinking of many things including the desire he wanted to get, and yet, he didn’t know what’s the desire was.

 

He was more confused.

 

He was definitely longing for something.

 

          Meanwhile, the boy who was currently looking after him every day was trying his best to entertain his master well, in belief that the demon would recover faster. Mingyu kept on telling nonsense stories, singing songs of any genre, he even memorizes his exams in front of Wonwoo. Who could not be annoyed by that? Mingyu’s voice was not yet good at singing, it was still raw- very raw, in fact. Seungkwan and SeokMin often scolds him whenever he sings because it was really annoying, especially when he tried to hit those high notes that he couldn’t. Both of them even assumed that the demon was already dead by now just through listening to Mingyu’s unpleasant voice. For the first time, they pitied the annoying demon.

 

On the other hand, Mingyu’s victim- Wonwoo, was that very willing to listen and to be annoyed by Mingyu’s nonsense. It was true that he couldn’t yet move his body completely, but he still have his powers. It would have been easy to shut the boy’s mouth if he wanted to; however, Wonwoo chose to lay back and hear those annoying sentences coming out from the boy’s mouth whether he’s memorizing his exams, talking nonsense, and even sings annoyingly.  He somehow, enjoyed it or as he would normally say –‘It’s entertaining.’

 

After a long time of waiting a response, the demon spoke with his cold and yet weak voice.

 

Wonwoo:

Get me up.

 

The young man who was busy reviewing for his exams was startled that he almost jumped off his seat.

 

Mingyu:

Ah, hyung!

You are okay now?

 

Wonwoo:

No.

Get me up and serve me food.

 

Mingyu:

Oh. Wait.

 

Mingyu lifted the devil up carefully and sat him down gently.

 

Mingyu:

I’ll be back.

 

Mingyu went down to get food for the demon.

 

After a while, the boy went up delivering a hot porridge which the demon really dislike the most.

 

Wonwoo got disappointed and it made his mood foul.

 

Wonwoo:

(He frowned)

Throw that thing.

I don’t want that.

 

Mingyu:

What do you want?

 

Wonwoo:

Get me something I can chew.

 

Mingyu:

Can you c-

 

Wonwoo:

I have fangs. Faster! I want meat.

Meat, Mingyu!

(With his somehow gentle and expressive tone… because those were the gentlest tone Mingyu had ever heard from the demon. Or maybe he was just weak at the moment.)

 

Immediately, Mingyu brought some meat. Meat indeed! He almost forgot that he’s not human after all.

 

Wonwoo finished everything and asked for more. Who could not starve for he didn’t eat for days?

 

Mingyu:

Be healthy, hyung.

 

Wonwoo:
You will not wish for that, boy.

(He smirked)

 

Meanwhile, Mingyu thought of something and asked.

 

Mingyu:

Ummm… hyung?

Can we defeat your older brothers?

They’re scary.

 

Wonwoo:

And I am not?

(He chuckled)
 

Mingyu:

You are… but you know what I mean.

 

Wonwoo:

I don’t know.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung?

 

Wonwoo:

What?

 

Mingyu:

Ummm… can I request a transfer of school?

 

Wonwoo:

Why so?

(He was surprised once again)

 

Mingyu:

Because my classmates are irritating.

 

Wonwoo:
(He scoffed with a smirk)

The reason?

 

Mingyu:

Because they want me?

I mean… they are forcing me to like them. and… and… I don’t know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter