Chapter 8 “The Prison”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 8 

“The Prison”




“Ariel…” Min called,” You’re the one who’s making the mess again, aren’t you?”

“Hmm? Mess?” the creature asked; showing its fake confused face with its human face. His voice sounds weird, just like a talking-reptile.

“Don’t act in front of me!” Min ordered. He’s still afraid, afraid to fight his own past. But he needs to be brave and move on.

The creature smiles as it plays with its tail, or rather we say, the branch that connected to his body. Its face is like human, but there’s one big different, it has a long ear, like an elf in the stories. But he’s certainly not an elf, the brown branches that connected to his body are the proof. He’s Tree Nymphs; he creature from Greek Mythology. No one knows what really existed in this world after all. Sometime the fact is a made-up-story, and the myth, rumor, are the truth.

“Answer me…” Min said,” I don’t care about what was happening in the past anymore…Just stop what you’re doing!”

“You know what I’m doing, aren’t you? But you’re just too afraid and ran away…” the creature reminded,” You know what, killing the people that lost in my forest is my greatest pleasure…”

“You’re not supposed to hurt them! You have no right!” Changmin said as he looks down, the memories run into his mind.

[FLASHBACK]

“He’s our new specimen, he can move things…” a man in weird clothes, like an astronaut one, said.

“That’s really a new one…We can certainly make him better…” a woman’s voice echoed. They kept talking, and young Changmin couldn’t hear them anymore. His sight blurred, he fainted.

---

“Move that thing!” the man ordered to Min, still in his weird cloth.

“If I move it, can I go home?” little Min asked.

“Maybe…Just do it!” the man shouted again.

Slowly, Min moved the book in front of him. Yes, he could move things, he’s a psychic, and he knew he’s not normal.

The word just gone from the man’s mouth like it’s nothing; he always said that Min could go home if Min did a great job in upgrading his skill, but word just word. He knew he couldn’t go home.

---

Min had spent five years in that place, an unknown research facility in the forest. He’s 20 years old by that time. The world seemed to stop revolving and rotating for him; night and day seemed the same. That place was a prison for him, but the different with the real one was…Min didn’t do anything wrong. He was just born with a specialty; his power.

Finally, one night, Min succeeded in escaping from his cell, he went to the forest. He could hear the people that chased him. 

“Aaaa!!!” Min shouted when he slipped. He’s afraid, he tried to get up, but he hurt his foot pretty bad. He crawled slowly as he hid behind a tree. Luckily, ‘they’ didn’t find him.

Suddenly, a branch grasped Min’s body while the others covered his mouth. It’s the 1st time he met Ariel; the Ash Tree Nymphs. For few days, Ariel taught Min how to survive in the forest. Ariel said he was one of the specimens too, he could escape like Changmin. 

Days passed, months passed. It’s been half year that Min had escaped, but he still lived in the forest with Ariel, his first friend after such a long time. He couldn’t go outside. The forest was just like an endless labyrinth. His skills had been much better. He could move big and heavy object easily; sometime he used it to attack the people that wanted to catch him and Ariel.

---

Min was sleeping in his tree house (that he’s and Ariel built), and then he heard some fuss. He woke up, trying to find Ariel. And that’s the time when he knew the truth. Min could hear the talking; he’s hiding behind the wooden stair.

“His progress is so great…” the man’s voice echoed. It’s the same man that had taken Min from his home.

“I already fulfilled my promise, he’s all yours now. Just let me go…” Ariel’s voice echoed.

Yes, he was betrayed by his own friend. He hated that feeling. Silently, Min got out from the tree house; he sneaked out, leaving Ariel there.

---

The next day, Min was caught when he’s resting in the forest. He struggled but it’s no use. He’s back to his prison again, but there’s something different know. Ariel was in his cell too. They didn’t talk. Ariel’s specialty was mind-reading. He knew that Min already knew the truth. Ariel promised the man that he’d made Min better, but he wanted his freedom. He was tricked too; now, they just could wait for what’d happen next.

“Min…” Ariel called after the long silence. Min didn’t answer.

“I’m sorry…” (Ariel)

No respond again. Slowly, Ariel put his hand on Min’s forehead. Min surprised, but decided to stay silent.

“It’ll hurt a little…” (Ariel)

Min could feel the pain that perching his body. No matter how loud he screamed, it’s just so hurt. Min fainted.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“I’m sorry…” Min said. He can’t let the past preventing him to move one. He must move on.

“No, you’re not…You shouldn’t leave me in the first place!!!” the creature said as he uses his branch tail to attack Min. Min jumps, avoiding the attack. Another branch attacks Min, this time Min moves a stone and uses it for his shield. His feet touch the ground again, after the high jumping.

Ariel uses the tree branches around it to catch Min’s body, but Min attacks the branches with the big stones around him. But because the limited amount of the stones, one branch that Min missed, is heading to Min’s direction. Min must do something. He kicks the ground, it looks like normal kicking, but the pressure is huge. The ground moves up, making a shield for him. He moves the ground. Min is counter attacking, using anything he can move to attack Ariel. After few minutes of the battle, both of them stop, trying to get some air.

“It’s time to end everything…Our hatred, our pain…” Min said.

“There’s nothing to end, since there’s nothing was begun…” Ariel said, showing his anger. 

“You can’t beat me…I’m a lot stronger than you…” Min warned.

“You’ve no idea how much my hunger for hunt you have made me stronger…I can crush U in few seconds…” Ariel warned back.

“We’ll see…”

Ariel, let me free you from all your pain…Min said silently in his heart.