Chapter 37 “New Power”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 37 

“New Power”



“Where have he gone to?” the vampire asked.

“I don’t know, he’s fast, OK?” Jae answered, somehow he felt guilty because he couldn’t keep the track of Walter when he escaped.

“It’s OK, we’ll find him for sure,” Yunho ensured as he got ready to jump to another ruins, everything seemed the same, the path was so tricky.

“Wait! Yunnie!” Jae called.

“What is it Jae? Are you hurt any—“ before Yunho could finish, something attacked them. It’s not the enemy; it’s just a feeling, an awkward one. Wind blew to them, caressing them with the coldness of the night. It’s like something they knew was there inside the wind, something or maybe someone they knew.

Good luck...Fainted voices could be heard.

“What the hell is that?!” Yunho shivered,” Is that Walter’s power? Making us chill like this?”

“No,” Jae answered,” I don’t know what was that, but I feel…like we have lost something important, something…or someone…precious.”

“Jae, could it be they’re---“

“No, they’ll be just fine! All of them,” Jae could feel his heartbeat started race up, he didn’t like the feeling, he was damn worried about now.

The red-colored sky was a shocker to both of the vampire when they went out from the hall, chasing Walter. They could see the fire and chaos all over the city, they 100% sure it’s all Walter’s doing.

“Yes, they’ll be fine,” Yunho tried to calm the other one, even though he got a bad feeling too.

[FLASHBACK]

The beautiful sparking chain of blood was drawn on the mid-air, making a deadly whip to attack the other side. Meanwhile, Yunho used the things around him and threw them into Walter’s direction. He wanted to help Jae so much, that’s what he could think for now, using his powerful strength.

“Damn it!” Walter cursed as he used the curtain to cover his wound. Meanwhile, Jaejoong and Yunho launched another attack.

Just when Yunho about to move closer to Walter’s direction, the whiteness spread, just like before, Yunho went back to nowhere. It was the same place like before when Yunho felt his memory out from him. But now, there’s one big different, Yunho could see two other figure there.

“Yunnie, what…is this?” Jae asked as he saw the ground and everything turned white.

“Jae…I don’t know,” Yunho answered as he searched for an answer. Something was definitely wrong.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaarggggg!!!” the sudden scream of the enemy brought surprised for both Jae and Yun. Walter was on his knees, kneeling and sweating like he’s in so much pain. Just before they could ask more, everything turned into pitch black. There’s no light, and Yunho was left alone again there.

“Jae?” Yunho called, but there’s no answer.

He killed his own mother!

A voice echoed like before. 

He’s become a monster!!!

And more shouting could be heard. Yunho used his palms to cover his ear, yet, the shouting, the screaming didn’t stop. It pierced him to his flesh. He didn’t have any idea what’s happening.

Yunnie! Can you listen to me?

It’s Jaejoong’s voice! Yunho immediately looked where it came from, but he couldn’t find a clue. Yunho began to panic.

Yunnie, calm down, it’s OK, just calm down…

Yunho did as he had been told, he closed his eyes; relaxing his heartbeat and blood flow. Then, the voices stopped. It became more silent. Feeling the warmness around him, Yunho opened his eyes. He found himself on Jae’s embrace, Walter was nowhere.

“Jae, what…was happened?” he asked.

“Walter jumped out from the window, he was in pain,” the other vampire explained as he released the embrace.

“Did you defeat him?” Yunho asked.

“No, he’s not that easy to defeat, but, he was hurt…and weak. That’s because of your attack…” Jae spoke.

“But I---“ (Yun)

“You did attack him with your special power…” Jae said as he got up,” Every vampire has special power. Mine is blood control, I can control and make weapon formed from my blood. Your power is…something like you did, I don’t quite get it yet…But maybe we can use your power to defeat Walter…”

“And Walter’s special power?” Yunho asked.

“Something we’re about to find out…” the other vampire answered as they chased Walter.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

“Yeah…” Jae suddenly remembered the real reason he called Yunho, “I think I know one of Walter’s power, it’s like go into our mind or something. The one that erase your memory from your childhood was him, but I don’t get it either. He’s far more dangerous from it…”

“And when he attacked you with this power and you lost your consciousness…”

“I felt like my memory was out from me…” Yunho added.

“Yes, that’s him. And then, I shield you with my body, just when he about to attack me for the second time, he stopped. I saw your eyes, they were dazzling like an orb, like you’re doing something inside…” Jae explained.

“So you think my power is something like controlling memory too like Walter’s?” Yunho asked.

“No, I don’t think so,” Jae answered,” the second time you used your power, I was there too, remember? All turned white, just white…what did you think when that happened?”

“I just think how I can find Walter’s weakness, that’s all,” Yunho thought for a second,” What’s my power exactly?”

“Yunho, I can’t help you with this. All vampires must realize their power in their own in order to use it,” Jae explained.

“I know…Let’s get going,”