Chapter 16 "The Sin"

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 16

"The Sin"


Yoochun was staring on the ceiling. He was on the bed, relaxing himself. It’s still before the sun rise, he felt thirty. Looking at Junsu’s cute sleeping face, he got out from the room silently. Like always, he greeted Jaejoong who was making breakfast. He thought it’s strange, Jae never ate human food, but how can he made it so delicious? He ignored his own question as he drank the cold water from the fridge.

“Yoochun ah, you can take bath first. I’ll wake the others later…” Jaejoong said. Yoochun nodded and directed himself into the bathroom. He took some of my clean cloth from the drawer near it; a long leather jeans and black t-shirt. He entered the bathroom, as he poured warm water on his body; he liked the way water flew on his body. 

After that, he ate breakfast with . Junsu and Changmin usually fought over food, especially meat. He always the one who solved it by sacrificing his own meal, he didn’t mind. He would care less about food. Afternoon was a good time for Yoochun, he could relax himself, like on the couch or watch television or even read the newspaper. The others were busy with their own stuff. He and the others got snack from Jaejoong at around 3 o’clock. In the evening, they would fool around, playing cards, hide and seek, or other kiddo’s game. He loved the atmosphere that gave him, the sweet home that would always belonged to him.

He didn’t think about it anymore; the truth that he was cursed; couldn’t die peacefully like others; he needed to continue live on, without a rest as a Death Reaper. But, sometime when the mission was on, he still could remembered it, but not as hurt as the past. It’s his entire fault. The memories returned as he killed every apparition they met in their mission. 

[FLASHBACK]

It’s September 1746. A man walked half drunk as he grinned. Some others followed him. In the ended, he was beaten up. After a few hours, the man was still lying there, no one care. Hardly, the man got up, he leaned on the wall as he tried to walk with his broken legs and ribs.

“That’s just GREAT!!! Good work!!!” a figure laughed as he satisfied with his men work. Yoochun was a loan shark; he really liked to see his ‘customer’ beaten up because they couldn’t pay him back. He’s indeed giving lots of interest to them, but they didn’t seem to get bored of his beaten; after all, those days were a very hard living days. Poor people were struggling to eat, meanwhile, rich people spent all their money all they wanted.

“Boss…about that lady that borrowed us some money, she hasn’t paid…” one of his men said. Yoochun just smiled, his act really wasn’t like human being that days. Thinking about it now, how he missed to be able to be human again…He really regretted what he had done those days. In a few minutes, the men dragged the lady in front Yoochun, and also her two sons.

“Well, well, what we got here?” Yoochun asked as he put his finger at the lady’s chin, admiring his beauty.

“Please…!!! Give us more time!!!” the lady begged as she cried. Yoochun could care less, he didn’t care in the fact.

“Bring her to my room…” Yoochun said, he could hear the sons crying and begging and so was the lady, Yoochun lost his patience. He took the silver trigger from one of his men’s pocket and pointed it on one of the lady’s son. They didn’t stop, they even kept shouting hysterically. And so, Yoochun pulled it. 

Seeing the image of her own son being killed, the head being torn apart by the bullet, the lady struggled more. Yoochun couldn’t take it anymore, he was thinking to *uck her in his bedroom, before killing her, but he decided to shoot her now. Bang! Another bullet was shot. The one left was the youngest son, he stopped crying, he muted. Yoochun amazed how the son did that. 

“Hey…” he called. The son kept trembling, but didn’t shout or make any voice.

“Wanna join me? I won’t kill you if you join me…” Yoochun chuckled how fast the boy nodded his head, the boy must be freaking scared.

Years passed, the boy was now 15, as Yoochun was 21. Every day, Yoochun trained the boy, he somehow liked the boy. The boy had changed from a weakling into someone that Yoochun could look up to be his successor. But, he was wrong about something, the boy wasn’t as loyal as he thought, the boy followed him just for revenge for his family, someday.

That was a cold night; Yoochun was sleeping on his comfy bed when he noticed someone’s presence. He opened his eyes and he saw the boy there. He’s about to ask what’s wrong but then, he could feel the bullet pierced his flesh, he rolled down, trying to figure out what happened. He rolled again, trying to get his gun, but another bullet was what he got. Still with the heavy breath and blurred vision, Yoochun ran from his room, he called for his men, but later on he found out that the boy had killed all of men.

The desperate Yoochun hid himself on the secret passage he built years ago, in case something like this happened. He leaned on the wall as he tried to walk, but he’s too weak. He fell on the ground without a noise. He was so could, he wished someone was there for him; he’s alone. He always thought power would give him everything, just like his father that trained him to be a mafia son, but then, he realized he never had a thing.

Softly, he could hear someone presence going near him, he knew who that’s. He tried to turn around and the last thing he saw before his head being shot was the boy’s smiling face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That serves you right!!! a man voice shouted as Yoochun opened his eyes. He couldn’t see a thing, it’s just dark. 

Go to hell!!! Another voice shouted, this time a woman’s voice

Nooo…I never wanted this…I wasn’t given a choice…!!! Yoochun tried to explain. It’s true, the devilish, inhuman things he did, those all because the teaching of his father. It’s not his fault to be born in mafia family.

But you already make your choice!!! Another shouted, and the shouting going on, driving Yoochun nuts as the fear and guilt ate him.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yoochun…Chunnie ah…YOOCHUN!!!” Junsu shouted as finally Yoochun gave a respond. Yoochun stared at Junsu, asking what’s wrong.

“What’s wrong your head! I’ve been calling you and you didn’t answer me…” Junsu pouted, just like a little kid.

“I’m sorry, I was…remembering something…” Yoochun said. Junsu realized uneasiness that Yoochun showed.

“Is that…a sad memory?” Junsu asked. Yoochun just gave a smile.

“Yoochun ah, you have me here, I can lend you my ears…” Junsu said, he didn’t like to see Yoochun like this.

“Nah, it’s fine,” Yoochun finally said,” Hey, I want to go to buy some cake, wanna come?”

“CAKE?!!!” a voice shouted as the owner stormed out from his room into Yoochun’s direction. Changmin really look like a starving kid.

“Of course I want to!!!” Junsu interrupted, didn’t want Minnie to finish all the cake that Yoochun going to buy. Min protested as he shouted louder than Junsu.

“OK, OK, you two can come!” Yoochun came between them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow…” Min and Su looked from behind the glasses, admiring the cake.

“You guys can take whatever you one, but maximal 3 each, OK?” Yoochun said, regarding how much money he had now. He knew the both starving friend of his gonna made him bankrupt if he didn’t say the limit.

“OK!!!” Min and Su chorused together as they stormed the store. Yoochun followed. He took a strawberry cake for him, and he bought coffee cake for Yunho. Jae wouldn’t want to eat cake; he’s just not into human’s food.

“I want this…eeeemmm…this too!!!...Omoo!!! This look good too…” Su’s voice was loud enough to hear.

“I can’t decide…” Min mumbled.

After another few minutes, the two kiddos or so Yoochun thought, finished choosing. Yoochun was about to pay for them when someone got his attention. He gave his pocket to Junsu, telling them to pay for themselves, as he rushed out from the store. He could see the figure went very fast, but still traceable, he followed the figure.

Meanwhile, Min and Su looked at each other. There’s plenty of money in Yoochun’s pocket. They could buy more cakes.

“Min ah, are you thinking the same thing I’m thinking?” Junsu asked. Min nodded and so they stormed the cakes again, choosing more. What Yoochun would do if he knew this? But more important was he must after the figure.