Chapter 23 “Hunters”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 23 

“Hunters”



“…” the man opened his eyes; he could see the bright light blocking his vision. He tried to blink his eyes, once, twice, as he finally saw the figure he knew.

“Hey, how’s your feeling?” Junho, who’s in his white doctor cape, asked the man who’s lying on the hospital bed.

“…Fine, I guess…” Yunho answered, He could feel the pain in his stomach, and it still lasted a little. Yunho looked around and he figured out where he was,” Why are you…here?”

“Oh, I was in an investigation here too, when the others took you into this hospital I was on duty, that’s why I volunteered to watch your wound…” Junho explained why he was in Seoul too.

“Thanks…” Yunho said, “Where’s---“

“Yun hyung! You really made me worried!!!” Changmin stormed as he hugged Yunho, the injured man just grinned in pain, OK, that’s hurt.

“Min…He’ll die if you crush him like that…” Junho chuckled and so in a second Min let Yunho go.

“It’s his own fault for leaving us like that…” the cute werewolf’s voice echoed as Junsu and Yoochun entered.

“Guys…” (Yun)

“Don’t ever do that again OK?” Yoochun added. Yunho just nodded. In fact he’s kind of happy because s worried about him.

“Oh! Here…” Junho wanted to hand Yunho the sword, but he used fabric to cover the sword first, it looked like he didn’t want to take it with his bare hand.

“Hunter…” a well-known voice echoed in the room, that’s when Yunho shouted the name,” Jaejoong!!!”

“Jaejoong ah, are you OK? Did you---“ Yunho stopped when he saw Jae. The vampire’s eyes were different; it’s like a crimson moon, red like blood. It showed how thirsty the vampire was.

“!!!” Junho cursed as he moved toward Jae. Jae jumped into Yunho’s direction, avoiding Junho who wanted to catch him. It happened so fast, in a blink eye, Yunho had no idea the harm that he was in. 

“Get down!!!” Junsu shouted, Yunho did as he told. Changmin, who’s right beside Yunho, used his own body to protect Yunho, hugging him. Meanwhile Yoochun jumped and aimed for Jae’s back.

“Akh!”

With the side of his palm, Yoochun struck Jae’s neck as the vampire fell unconscious. Yunho just hid behind Changmin’s protection and looked all of it silently. He was shocked because he could see Jae’s eyes when the vampire wanted to attack him; It full of anger.

“What…” Yunho lost his word, Jae was knocked out in front of him, and now lying on the floor.

“Take him back to his room,” Junho ordered Yoochun and so they gone. Yunho was still shocked, why Jae attacked him?

“Why?” that was the first word that came out from Yunho’s mouth.

“Because Jae hyung is a vampire…” Junsu answered shortly.

“The wound that Jae hyung got, made him weaker, that’s why he’s carving for human’s blood…” Min explained. Yunho got it, he IS a human.

“It seems the dose I gave him, still not enough…I’ll go to Jae’s room…” Junho said as he got out from the room.

“Wait, hyung! I’m coming!” Junsu followed his hyung, just like a little kid.

“Jae…he..he’s alright, right?” Yunho asked the remained Changmin.

“Jae hyung will be fine…I think in a few hours, he’ll be back to his cheerful self,” Min ensured.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s past midnight and Yunho already took a nap for a few minutes, somehow, he couldn’t sleep. He still thinking about the attack just now; he wanted to see and talk to Jaejoong. The vampire was hurt because of him in the first place.

The other member already left; Junho was in his office, he’s a doctor after all, but still one of the talented FBI agent. Junsu, Yunho guessed he’s with his brother. Yoochun and Changmin were off to report to their supervisor; Changmin didn’t want to leave Yunho at first, but Yunho told him, he’d be fine. Yunho was alone now.

Deciding to search for Jae’s room, Yunho tried to get up from his bed. He thought he wouldn’t be able to do that because of his wound, but what a miracle, he could stand up straightly, like nothing happened. He knew he cured faster than normal people, it’s one of his powers, he guessed. And now, he knew the reason, that’s because his family background.

After put his sword on the safe face, slowly, Yunho began his step, he reached the metal door. He pulled it open and walk to the hospital corridor. He could see the nurses’ desk over the edge of the corridor. Then, he walked there without any problem.

“Oh my, you shouldn’t walk!” the nurse said when they saw Yunho.

“It’s OK. I’m fine,” Yunho answered,” Um, could you tell me where a patient named Jaejoong is? I mean his room number…”

“ Oh well, just make sure don’t make that perfect-wrapped-wound of yours open again,” the nurse teased.

“We don’t want to make our-price-charming-doctor-Junho-shhi to have more duty, he’s already have enough…” the other nurse said. The first nurse told this nurse to be quite. Somehow, Yunho thought Junho was kind of popular. Well, he’s young and a doctor, who could resist that? Well, despite the fact that he’s a werewolf, not a human being.

“Room 532…” the first nursed said. Yunho bowed and said thank you, he headed to the room. After passing more corridors, he arrived at the door. He knocked the door slowly, but no answer. He opened the door and entered. There’s no one on the hospital bed. Yunho searched the bathroom, and he found nothing.

Seeing a glace of figure in the terrace, Yunho took a closer look, and he found Jaejoong. 

“Jae…” Yunho called as he opened the terrace door, joining the vampire to enjoy the night view and breeze. Yunho realized Jae didn’t move an inch, the vampire hid his face behind his knees and the arms wrapped it.

Yunho was about to call Jae again, but suddenly Jae hugged Yunho. The man was left confused.

“I’m sorry…” Jae could only say that regarding the attack before,” Did I…hurt you somewhere?” Somehow, Yunho thought Jae wasn’t conscious when he attacked him.

“No, I’m fine…” Yunho answered as he replied the hug,” You don’t need to apologize, I was the one who made you hurt in the first place…”

Jae let go of Yunho as he stared at the man’s face.

“Is there something here?” Yunho pointed as his face.

“No…” Jae answered shortly. Somehow, Yunho could sense that Jae’s eyes were cold toward him just now. Was it because…Jae knew Yunho’s family background? Was it because Yunho’s family was the hunter family that killed the inhuman being in this world? Maybe. Hunter family was well-known in the underworld. Some of the family chose to kill those things because they wanted to protect the human society; they gave their life for the sake of humanity. It’s their fate, each of the family had sacred weapon, and Jung family had the sword.

“I…” Jae tried to start a conversation there.

“What is it?” Yunho asked regarding the uneasiness both of them have.

“I hate hunters…” Jae’s answer almost made Yunho’s heart stopped.