Chapter 1 “New Team”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 1 

“New Team”




“Nice to meet you all! My name is Jung Yunho! I’ll try my best!” Yunho said as he bows.

“What with the formal language?” a man in white shirt and dark blue jeans, comes and greets Yunho as he smiles. Well, there are four people in that room and all of them are wearing casual cloth, despite the fact that they are all FBI top agent, same as Yunho. The one that greeted Yunho said,” Relax, don’t need to be so formal. My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

“Yeah, thanks for the warm welcoming…” Yunho said as he shakes Jaejoong’s hand.

“Guys, don’t you want to introduce yourself?” Jae asked the others.

“Kim Junsu…”

“Park Yoochun…”

“Shim Changmin…”

The other three introduce themselves without even looking at Yunho. Yunho thinks as he grins…they don’t like me, do they?

“Don’t bother about their attitude; they’re kind of like-that in the noon…” Jae explained,” Since, we usually do our ‘job’ at the night…”

“Y..Yeah…” Yunho tried to smile as Jaejoong shows him his new desk. Maybe lack of sleep…Yunho thinks.

“There’ll be just five of us in this team, if you have any question just ask, OK?” Jae said as he leaves.

Yunho sits on his new seat. It’s more comfortable than his old one. He feels tired because he just sat in the plane for hours. He closes his eyes for a moment, remembering what happening last week…

[FLASHBACK]

“WHAT?” Yunho shouted, too shocked with his boss’s decision.

“You’re going to be transferred to Transylvania, Romania next week and work with the new team there…” the boss said as he left the plane ticket on Yunho’s desk.

“Aisshhh…” Yunho mumbled to himself when the boss got out from his room. He didn’t mind to be transferred to another team. He lived alone; he lost his family when he was only five. So no one would be left behind if he moved. It just, Romania was just too far. He’s too lazy to do all the difficult procedure.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

Yunho opens his eyes. He looks around. There’re five desks in the room, including his. Jaejoong is busy, typing on his desk. Yoochun and Junsu is sitting on the couch, discussing something. He can’t see Changmin.

Guess…I’m stuck with them…Yunho said in his mind.

“You’re stuck with us…” a voice whispered into Yunho’s earlap.

“Woaa!!!” Yunho shouted as he slips from his seat.

“Min…Stop doing it…” Yoochun said from the couch.

“Leave the new guy alone…OK?” Junsu added.

“Hmmm…OK, hyung…” Min said as he goes to Jaejoong’s desk.

What the hell is that? He…he read my mind?! No! No! Stop being nuts, Jung Yunho! Nobody can read mind, right? Yunho is convincing his own heart.

“I can…” Min mumbled softly near Jaejoong’s side; not so loud, so Yunho can’t hear it.

“Min…Just, don’t bother him, OK?” Jaejoong said as he gets up.

“Guys, I’m going to make dinner. I’ll call when I’m done, OK?” Jaejoong said as he goes up. Oh, did I forget to tell you? Their team is working in one building in Transylvania. There are three floors. The first floor is their office, the second is their house, and the third is their storage; they live and sleep at that one building.

“OK…” the other three choruses together.

“…OK” Yunho follows the other, but he’s too late. It makes his voice echoed in the room alone. Jaejoong just smiles at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dinner is ready!” Junsu said as he gets up from the couch.

“Yey~” Min smiled as he rushes into the 2nd floor.

“How can you know it? Jaejoong hasn’t called us…” Yunho said.

“We just know, OK?” Yoochun said as he leaves with the others.

Yunho is left there…alone. Am I really THAT annoying? How can they ignore me like this? Aissshhh…Without any other complaint, Yunho follows the others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jaejoong ah~ this is so delicious!” Yunho said as he asks more rice into his bowl. Jaejoong smiles and he puts the rice into Yunho’s.

“Hey, how come you’re not eating?” Yunho asked Jae; Jae is the only one who doesn’t eat.

“I already ate…” Jae answered shortly.

“Hmmm. OK then…” Yunho said as he starts eating more.

“Don’t eat mine…” Min protested when Junsu takes the beef from Min’s bowl.

“I just love meat too much…” Junsu said as he eats the beef.

“It’s mine! Hey! Spit it out!” Min said; he’s a bit angry,” You’re fond of meat…” 

“Here…It’s no use for me either, even if I ate it…” Yoochun gives his to Min.

“Thanks, hyung…” Min said as he’s cool down.

What a weird conversation…and weird…people…Yunho thinks. But he’s happy; it feels like he’s with his family again, he remembers he used to fight for a food with his father whenever they had a dinner. Before the car accident happened; his parents died in car accident when he was only five and he didn’t have any siblings. He’s alone for so long, until now. He feels the warm atmosphere again.

“We’re not weird…” Min mumbled. It wakes Yunho from his day dreaming. Is he…reading my mind again?!