Chapter 9 “Good Bye”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 9 

“Good Bye”




“Come on, guys!” Junsu said as he leads the way. Why he’s the one who’s leading? Well, because few minutes ago he said that he could smell Min’s presence. But, poor Yoochun…He’s piggybacking Su at the moment. Junsu just too tired to walk anymore.

“Sigh…Sigh…I thought I would never feel tired again…Sigh…since I became Death…Sigh…Reaper…” Yoochun said, almost out of breath.

“Chun! No complaining! Min is in great danger!” Jaejoong said.

“How do you know?” Yun asked.

“I…smell blood,” Jae explained,” My sense of blood is a lot stronger that any of you, since well, you know…”

“Then, let’s hurry!” Yunho said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sigh…Sigh…” Min can feel his blood down to his throat. His nose bleeds; the headache is just too painful. But he can’t stop now. If he stops now, Ariel will win the mental fight. They have been in the fight for several minutes. But, mental fight is lot exhausting than physic fight.

“Min!!!” Yunho’s voice echoed. The others run into Min’s figure, which doesn’t move an inch. Yunho shocked when he saw Ariel, but Min is the most important now.

“Don’t touch him!!!” Yoochun shouted. Meanwhile, Junsu pushes Yunho. The result? Yunho falls on the ground. Yunho is about to ask why, but Jae immediately gives sign to stop.

“Min…Can you hear me?” Jae whispered softly in Min’s earlap,” We’re here…Just tell us if you need anything…”

“He’s having mental fight, we can’t distract him…” Yoochun said.

[FLASHBACK]

“Sigh…sigh…” Min woke up. He’s in the forest.

Min…Can you hear me…? Ariel’s voice echoed in Min’s mind.

“Ariel? Where are you?” Min asked.

I’m glad…you make it…go! The escape is just ahead!

“Where are you?” Min asked. He couldn’t find Ariel anywhere.

I combined your DNA with mine in your body…Then, we’re escape…But I didn’t make it…Just go!

“No! I’m not leaving you!” Min said. He knew now, why he could hear Ariel’s thinking. He could read mind now, besides moving thing. It’s because Ariel combined his DNA. Well, Min discovered his other new skills in next few months though; one of those skills was…he found out that he couldn’t age. He’s no longer a human.

AAAAAAAA!!!

“Ariel! Answer me!” Min shouted.



Ariel didn’t answer. Min knew what happened now; some flashback was in his mind. He escaped with Ariel, and there’re so many guards there. Ariel told Min to go first; Min did as he told. But now, his friend couldn’t make it.

Min knew he wouldn’t be able to save Ariel even if he went back there. Because there’s a rule; escaped specimen meant failure one, they’d use the failed specimen to another horrible experiment. But Min’s escape was an exception, because it was their plan actually (to meet Ariel and upgrade his skill). So the Ariel now, is the Ariel-after-experiment. He’s not the Ariel that Min used to know.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

“Stupid memories!!!” Ariel shouted. Min is attacking him with the memories.

“Hyung…I’ll distract him…In the meantime…” Min said severedly. Min can’t move because the fight. He asked the others to help him defeat Ariel at the real world; I mean, by physical fight. 

Yoochun is trying to get his weapon ready, the scythe. Meanwhile, Jaejoong and Junsu is unleashing their real power. But, suddenly, the branches tied their feet; they’re hanging on the air now. Yoochun’s scythe drops into the ground. He cursed himself for being such a fool.

“AAAAAAAARRGG!!!” Min shouted as he falls on the ground.

“Min!” Jae shouted. He needs to free himself from the branches if he wants to help Min.

“You lost!!!” Ariel’s voice echoed as it rushes to Min. Min is still lying on the ground, he can’t move; he feels so tired. Ariel’s attack will certainly hit him.

DOOORRR!!! DOOORRR!!! DOOORRR!!!

Ariel’s figure lands on the ground, right in front of Min. Yunho shot it.

“Ariel!” Min called. The branches that tied the others become weaker. The other can free themselves now.

“I…It seems…I lost…again…” Ariel mumbled. His black blood is coming from the three holes that Yunho made.

“It’s…it’s OK. The pain will be gone soon…” Min said as he comes to Ariel, holding him, he can feel his tears falling. He wouldn’t escape in the 1st place if Ariel didn’t sacrifice himself for Min.

“Min…You’re…The best friend…I ever had…Thank you…” Ariel said as it closes its eyes. Min cries, he knows he can’t defeat Ariel because for him, Ariel is still a friend. Luckily, he got that will always support him.

“Have a sweet dream, Ariel. Good bye…” Min said.

Suddenly, Min’s body falls into the ground, just next to the Ash Tree Nymphs. 

“Min!” the other shouted as they run toward Min.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Min tries to open his eyes. He sees his hyungs, running here and there. Yoochun goes to the bathroom, taking water on a big bowl. Meanwhile Junsu is searching a dry towel on the closet. Min can feel that Jaejoong is holding his palm. Meanwhile, Yunho is compressing Min with the wet towel. His body burns from inside. After the blur seeing, Min loses his conscious again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hmm?” the sun light comes into Min’s sight as he opens his eyes. It’s morning. Min doesn’t have any idea how long he has been sleeping. He moves his sight slowly to the right. He sees Junsu and Yoochun, sleeping on the couch. Yunho is sleeping next to his bed. Min turns into the left, he can see Jae’s figure, leaning on the wall.

“Hyung…” Min called weakly. Jaejoong opens his eyes.

“Min, are you awake?” Jae asked as he rubs his eyes.

“Hyung…did you sleep just now?!” Min asked surprisedly, ignoring Jae’s question; of course he’s awake.

“Nope…just resting my eyes…” Jae answered,” How’s your feeling?”

“Oh…I thought…never mind. I’m fine…” Min answered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Minnie!!!” Junsu shouted as he hugs Minnie. Umm, I mean Changmin. Yoochun joins the hug. Jaejoong who sees it, joins too. They glare at Yunho, asking Yunho to join too. Well, so Yunho joins the big hug.

“Hey, let me go…” Min begged,”I can’t…breathe…”

So after few second of big hug, they let Min go. Min was unconscious for 3 days. Today will be the last day for them in Athena and tomorrow, in the morning, they’ll leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Min, how’s your feeling?” Yunho asked as he gives a glass of water to Min. The others already go back to their own room; they need to get some rest after all.

“I’m fine…” Min answered, and then he drinks the water slowly. He sits on his own bed.

“Don’t sleep late, OK? You’ve just healed…” Yunho reminded,” I’ll sleep now, OK? Just call me if you feel unwell”

“I’m fine hyung…” Min ensured.

“Hmmm…OK then,” Yunho said as he goes back to his bed.

Slowly, Min walks out to the terrace. He looks at the sky, there’s one star that shines brightly.

Ariel…Is that you? Min asked in his mind. I just want to say goodbye, I’ll be leaving tomorrow. Good bye…

Chun told him that he already purified Ariel’s soul. So, Min feels relief now. 

About the research facility? Min knows that place already closed. It’s an illegal research, the government already cleaned all the mess, but maybe, they missed Ariel. That’s why Ariel was still there.

Min goes back to his room, and then lays himself on his bed. He thinks he’ll be able to have beautiful dream today, he doesn’t know why though. Maybe because he has let go of the burden he had for years. Smile carved in his face as he sleeps.