Chapter 28 “Beast”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 28 

“Beast”




“Yun…ho…” Jae called weakly as he blinked, once and twice. Yunho gulped his saliva as he tried his best to remain calm. The air wasn’t helping; it’s as cold as freezer.

“Jae,I---!!!” Before Yunho could finish his sentence, he was pushed to the ground. The man on top of him was staring on him, wanted him. Slowly, the vampire leaned downed and in a second, Yunho could feel Jae’s sniffing his neck. He could hear how Jae impatiently opened his mouth and started to his neck, ready to make a definite mark there.

What could happen to me? Yunho asked himself. 

Yunho had to admit that sometime he wished he was the same like . Living as human was different after all, for the simplest example was age; Yunho couldn’t possibly live as long as them. He would die before them, as long as he was still a mere human. 

Turned into a vampire…maybe not that bad after all…As the fang started to rise, Yunho closed his eyes…

[FLASHBACK]

“Die!!!” another beastly creature fell down on the icy ground, the young man, who killed it smiled in victory.

“You’re really grown, Jae…” a man proceeded as he kicked the dead creature away.

“Hyung! Are you OK?” Jae asked, the man nodded. It had been more than 10 years after Jae’s parent’s death. The town hadn’t much change, the vampire was still there, but the villager started to fight back. Jae was one of them.

Jae and the man had been partner for that long time; they killed every beast they met. Jae was frightening at first, but now, it became his enjoyment. After investigating for years, they finally found out that the vampire was lead by a leader, a deadly creature named Walter. 

It’s was once evening when the sun set early like always, and the air was freezing to death. Jae and the man finally found out Walter’s hideout, they checked it out. It’s a small cave in the snowy mountain. Every step they made, they did it carefully, but human wasn’t perfect after all. One of Walter’s men realized their presence and in a blink eye, they’re surrounded.

Having experience for fighting vampire for years, they certainly not going to give up. Jae used his silver spears to cut through every of their hearts and his silver bullet to make hole on hit, and so was the man. But a huge wind was blown and the next thing Jae remembered was the man, he called hyung was on the ground as his body shook badly.

Jae was frightened, he moved closer and he could see the wide scar on the man’s neck. The man tried his best to tell Jae to run, but his voice wouldn’t come out. Jae could only feel a hard hit on his neck and he lost his conscious.

---

“Aaahh…” Jae let a small groan as he opened his eyes, he was nowhere. To be exact, he couldn’t see his surroundings. He crawled and felt the landscape, that’s when he found the bars of iron, he was in prison. He could tell what happened to the man he was with, the man that help him years ago. Jae couldn’t bear the bitterness he had; he lost someone close to him once again…because of that beast.

“Looks like you’re awake…” a figure showed up as Jae back down and tried to reach anything he could use as weapon, but he grasped nothing.

“Now, now. You’re really a naughty one, isn’t? I killed your parent for a warning, yet, you still fight me…” the figure said as he moved closer to Jae. Jae couldn’t see, but he could feel. Remembering the day his parents dead, he got a shape of the killer, he had golden eyes; the same eyes that was staring at him now. Urge of hatred and anxious covered his vein, yet he must remain calm.

“Are you…Walter?” Jae decided to find out who he’s dealing with.

“I’m…and I suppose you’re Kim Jaejoong? The one that murdered every beautiful creature that I created. You had no idea what they could have done! You really need to be punished!” Walter hissed as he pushed Jae till the wall prevented him from moving deeper. Jae reached his small silver knife that he hid behind his shoes. He shot like a crazy man, and he hit something. Walter groaned in pain as Jae tried to run, but the powerful beast could stop him.

“Noooo! Let me go!” Jae kicked and struggled, but it’s no use, Walter was way too strong, especially for a human Jaejoong.

“How about this you son of b*tch?! I’ll turn you into my kind!!! YES! MY KIND!!!” Walter shouted horrifyingly as he dragged Jae and leaned closer to the trembling young man’s neck. Jae was crying, he was so scared, imagining himself with beastful fangs and how he would hurt people. He was damn freaking scared. 

That’s Jae’s last memory of being a human.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

“…No…” 

“…”

“I…couldn’t…”

“Jae?” Yunho finally opened his eyes, he could feel Jae tried to get up from him and he was shocked.

“I can’t…” and with that he vampire fell down again, this time on Yunho’s chest, he’s breathing heavily.

“Jae…” Yunho mumbled, he couldn’t bear to see Jae dying like this, he leaned closer and pulled Jae up, leaving a small space between them. They stared at each other eyes for a moment.

“You’ll…turn…into a monster, a beast…like me…” Jae was on his tears right now. He was fighting so hard there, fighting the beastful lust of Yunho’s blood and the consciousness he had. He really didn’t want to hurt Yunho, Jae chose to die than bite this man.

“It’s OK, Jae. And for your notes, you’re not what you said you are. You’re the warmness person I ever met in my life; you care about me and us. Your presence itself was already a need for me, like the air I breathe…”

“Yunnie…” Jae was sobbing hard when he heard what Yunho said. The word itself really likes a treasure to him.

“That’s why…I’m fine…with this…” Yunho used his own bleeding palm to make the blood went into Jae’s mouth, caressing the cold and pale lips. Jae’s red eyes started to light again.

“Please…take my blood…”