Chapter 2 “First Mission”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 2 

“First Mission”




“Guys! Here’s our mission for tonight…” Jaejoong said as he enters the living room.

“Yey~ New mission…” Junsu said as he claps. Yoochun smiles at Junsu’s behavior.

Aren’t they too happy to have a mission? Yunho asked himself.

“It’s because we’ll get our salary per mission, so everyone is happy…” Changmin explained.

He reads my…

“You should thank Changmin to explain it, since you’re the newbie here…” Yoochun said, interrupts Yunho’s speaking-in-his-own-mind-mode.

“…OK. Thanks…” Yunho said as the tries to smile. Changmin looks at Yunho for a while, and then he nods.

Yunho decides to ignore his paranoia. He looks up to Jaejoong, asking what the mission is.

“There’s a little commotion at the east section. A girl was found fainted at one of its alley; we need to investigate that…” Jaejoong said, “Prepare your stuff, we’re leaving in fifteen minutes.”

“OK,” the others answered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’re good…” Jaejoong whispered into the communication device. Yunho stands behind him, waiting for the signal. Both of them hide behind the wall. They have been there for around one hour, waiting. Yunho doesn’t have any idea what they’re waiting for, he decides to stay silent.

“Max (Changmin’s pseudonym), any sign yet?” Junsu, who hides behind a pillar alone, asked, using the device.

“No…” Changmin answered through the device, he’s hiding inside one store, next to the alley.

“Guys…it’s here…” Yoochun whispered. The others got the signal. They stand by in their own post.

A man in black sweater and jacket walks as a woman follows, next to him. His face is covered by a hat while the woman is wearing maroon dress, which mixed perfectly with her black high heels. 

“Where’re we going, exactly?” the woman asked with his y voice, flittering with the man. 

“Just come…and see…” the man said.

They get into the alley. The woman shows some rejection on her face. She said that she doesn’t like to do THAT here.

“Are you crazy? How can U ask me to do THAT in here? It’s nasty alley!” the woman angry.

“Nasty?” the man asked as he shows his anger,” Who said it’s nasty?”

“Eewww! Garbage and trash are everywhere…And the smell, makes me wants to puke!” the woman protested.

“DON’T YOU DARE TO HUMILIATE MY HOME!!!” the man shouted as he transforms himself. Yunho can’t believe what he’s seeing. Mist is covering the alley as the man becomes transparent.

“Damn it! They’re two of them!” Yoochun shouted as he gets out from his hiding place, running inside the mist.

“Yunho, stay behind me…” Jaejoong ordered.

“OK…But, what’s happening?” Yunho asked. He’s…afraid. It’s the 1st time he feels this afraid in his mission. Well, there’re times when he almost died, but this fear…is different.

“We can’t do much tonight…Just leave it to Yoochun…” Jaejoong answered as he looks into his watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Help…No…Help…Me…” the woman’s voice echoed inside the mist. Yoochun looks around; he knows his entire member is out there. He’s alone inside, but he doesn’t mind, he the only person who can stop these things.

“Aaaaa!!!” the woman screams.

“Let her go…” Yoochun said.

“No!” the man answered.

“She got nothing to do with your death…” Yoochun said as he gets something from his pocket.

“She humiliates my home…The home that always been mine for years…” the man said, almost like he’s crying.

“I don’t know how long you’ve been here, but…I can offer you a better place…” Yoochun said as he opens the small bag on his palm, which he just took from his pocket.

“Help me!” the woman shouted.

“Let her go!!!” Yoochun ordered.

A hard wind blows into Yoochun, the mist is heading into his direction. It makes Yoochun falls down on the ground.

“Don’t forget what they have done to you…” an unknown voice said. Yoochun knows whose voice it’s. It’s the mist’s voice. But suddenly, a bunch of images get into Yoochun’s mind, “Aaaa!!!” Yoochun shouted when the image attacks his head.

“Chun! Are you…zzrrtt…” Junsu’s worried voice comes out from the device into Yoochun’s ear. But the signal is so bad.

“Sigh…sigh…I’m fine…” Yoochun answered as he gets up. He knows it now, why the man did it.

“I know what happened! But, you can’t just use your anger to punish anyone you want!” Yoochun shouted inside the mist.

“I can’t forgive them! I can’t! I hate her!” the man shouted back.

Yoochun decides to use his last plane,” If you don’t let her go, I’m afraid I’ll hurt you…”

“Nobody can hurt me inside this mist!” the man declared.

Slowly, Yoochun takes the thing out from his small bag. It grows bigger and bigger, leaving the man jerks out a little.

“No! You can’t be!” the man shouted in fear.

“Yes, I’m…” Yoochun said as he ‘cuts’ the man,” You’ll be in better place now…”

“The one left is you…” Yoochun said to the mist,” Back off!”

The mist slowly disappears as Yoochun takes the woman who’s fainted on the ground.

“Call ambulance…” Yoochun said through the device.

“OK…” Jaejoong’s said.

In few minutes, the mist is gone. Yoochun puts the woman, leaning on the wall.

“What happened? Where’s the man?” Yunho asked confusedly. The others stare at Yunho.

“Process doesn’t seem to be important, result is…” Jaejoong said. Yunho knows he mustn’t ask more, but he’s just too curious. He decides to shut up until the ambulance comes and takes the woman. She’s saved. Then, they get home.

Yunho rushes into his room. His body is too tired because he hasn’t sleep for 16 hours, his mind is tired because there’re so many questions in it, and he needs sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, what happened?” Jaejoong asked as he puts some blanket on Changmin’s body. He falls asleep on the couch.

“It’s the usual thing, an apparition and ectoplasm,” Yoochun explained,” I already sent the apparition and get rid of the ectoplasm.”

“Chun, can you speak in human’s language? I can’t seem to understand you…” Junsu protested.

“Are…we…even…human…?” Changmin mumbled in his sleep.

“He’s hearing us in his sleep…” Jaejoong smiled.

“Yeah…” Yoochun agreed.

“Hey! Explain to me!” Junsu asked again as he pouts.

“OK, let me. Apparition is the man, and then ectoplasm is the mist, right Yoochun?” Jaejoong ensured.

“Yeah, and it’s my job to sent the apparition, or rather the people say ‘ghost’ and get rid of the ectoplasm. There’ll be no ectoplasm without apparition, right?” Yoochun said as he changes his sitting position into the more comfortable one. They’re sitting on the couch, next to the sleeping Min.

“Then, what happened to the man in his past life? I mean before he died and turned into ghost?” Jaejoong asked.

“He got a girl, that girl betrayed him and sent him to a loan shark. He got beaten and died…What a life…” Yoochun sighed.

“And who told that?” Junsu asked.

“You know that ectoplasm will influence its apparition, right? It sent the images into the apparition, the images when his girl betrayed him and he’s killed. It went into my head too…since you know, I’m a…” (Chun)

“Yeah…Thanks for the explanation,” Junsu said as he leans on Yoochun’s shoulder.

“You’re welcome…” Yoochun said,” Jaejoong hyung, what should we do about our new member? He must be dying in his curiosity about us right now…”

“Just…pretend to be normal, he’ll know the truth soon enough…” Jaejoong said as he gets up,” I’ll be in my room.”

“OK…”