Chapter 3 “It Hasn’t Finished”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 3 

“It Hasn’t Finished”




It’s five o’clock in the morning. The sun hasn’t risen, but the darkness of night will soon disappear as the sun rise; it just three hours after last night mission.

“Glup…glup…glup…”

“Hyung!!!” Junsu called as he invades Jaejoong’s room. He stops when he sees what his hyung is doing. There’s a bottle in Jae’s hand and some stain of red liquid on his mouth.

“I’m having my breakfast right now. What happened to knocking the door before you enter?” Jaejoong asked as puts the bottle in the fridge near him. He has one little fridge in his room. Well, to store his food.

“Sorry…” Junsu said as he walks to Jae slowly,” Let me help you…” Junsu swipes the stain on Jae’s mouth using a tissue.

“Never mind, you know that I hate people interrupt me when I’m eating…” Jaejoong said,” So what’s the big fuss?”

“There was…another attack…” Junsu answered.

“So, it’s our new mission, right?” Jaejoong asked as he sits on his bed. He calls Junsu to sit too.

“No…it’s at the same alley as the one last night…” Junsu said unwillingly.

“What? Didn’t Yoochun already get rid of it?” Jaejoong asked surprisedly. It’s the 1st time something like this happened.

“Yoochun, he wants to talk with you…He’s kinda strange…” Junsu said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yoochun, what’s happening now?” Jae asked as he enters the living room. There’re Yoochun, Changmin, and Yunho. Junsu follows Jae.

“Hyung…” Yoochun called. He’s giving the signal that he can’t talk if there’s Yunho.

“Yunho hyung, can I talk with you for a second?” Changmin asked out of sudden. Yunho looks into Jaejoong, no respons, so he decides to say,” Okay…”

“Let’s go downstairs...” Changmin said as he takes Yunho’s hand.

“So…Can you tell me now?” Jae asked as he sits and makes sure that Min and Yunho already gone.

“I…don’t know…” (Chun)

“What did you mean you don’t know?” (Su)

“I told U that I get rid of it, right? I’m sure that it already gone…But, we must miss something…” (Chun)

“Then…let’s go to the alley again tonight…” (Su)

“If we all missed it, and we didn’t realize it until now, it means it’s huge…I mean, not the normal one, it might be something that we never encountered before…OK then, let’s go tonight…” (Jae)

“What about Yunho?” (Su)

“He can’t go with us, it’s too dangerous. I’ll make an excuse…” (Jae)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Umm…So, what do you want to talk about?” Yunho asked as he sits on the couch in their office. Changmin joins him.

“I wanna ask something…” (Min)

“Hmm?” (Yun)

“If…I said if, OK? If you’re transferred into a new team and find out that team is not…um…normal. What’ll you do? Will you leave it? Stay with it? Or will you tell your supervisor?” (Min)

What is he saying right now? Is he talking about…this team? Yunho thinks in his mind. Indeed, they’re kind of weird, but…they’re still human, like me, isn’t it? Then what he meant by not ‘normal’?

“Ummm…I don’t know, it bases on the circumstances…” (Yun)

“Then, how if they’re no human?” (Min)

Yunho stunned, doesn’t know what to say. He looks at Changmin’s eyes. There’s hope…and secret, the secret he wants to know. He decides to find out.

“What did you mean that they’re no human?” (Yun)

“I mean…if they’re…the living creature that you’ll never imagine to meet in your life…” (Min)

“Like…Vampires? Well, this city is fond of myth, isn’t it? In fact, we’re standing on the city of myth right now...Vampires is the common one in Transylvania…But they won’t possibly exist in reality, isn’t it?” (Yun)

“If…they existed and you’re working with them now?” (Min)

If last time Yunho is stunned, this time, maybe his soul already left his body if it can. Min’s question is just too weird and too impossible. He knows something is different in the team; something that he’ll find out eventually, but how can that possible? 

Vampires? Don’t make me laugh…Yunho said in his mind. Changmin seems to be a bit disappointed when Yunho thinks that sentence.

“Min!” Jae’s voice echoed from up the stairs.

“I’ll go now, Jae hyung needs me…” Min said as he gets up.

“Min!” Yunho called,” I don’t have any idea what we were talking about just now, but I think it’ll be fun to work with all of you!”

Min smiles, and then he said,” I hope we can work together like this too, hyung…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT?” Yunho dropped his jaw on the floor.

“We need to attend top secret meeting tonight and it seems that you can’t go with us, since there’s no your name in the invitation…” Jaejoong explained.

“Oh well, then. I’ll just stay here…alone…” Yunho said as he walks into his room.

“Are you sure this’s OK? I kinda feel bad for him…” Yoochun whispered when Yunho already got into his room.

“Yeah…” Su agreed.

“It’s for the best…Let’s go to the alley now…” Jae said as they leave.

Without their knowing, Yunho is eavesdropping behind the door. They’re gonna leave me? I don’t think it’s gonna be a good idea…I don’t know why, but my instinct tells me to follow them…Yunho thinks.

“Yunho…hyung…” Changmin mumbled as he closes the front door.

“What? Did you say something, Min?” Junsu asked.

“Nope, never mind me…” Min answered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without making any noise, Yunho succeeds to follow them. His guess is right, they go to the last night alley, but this time, they’re not hiding. Instead, Jaejoong shouted out loud.

“Show yourself!” Jae shouted.

Some mist gathers as the figure shows up. All of them can’t believe their own eyes.

“How can…?” Yoochun is speechless.

“I’ve been waiting for you people…” the figure, who’s no other, the same man as the man last night, said.

“What the heck is happening again now?!” Yunho asked desperately in his hiding position.