Chapter 19 “Nightmare”

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 19 

“Nightmare”



“Yunho ah, listen to your mom when dad away, OK?” Yunho’s father said as he caressed his only son’s hair. So, the son nodded. Little Yunho would miss his father; the man was going on business trip for a week. 

“Appa! Don’t worry, I’ll protect Umma!!!” little Yunho said proudly. His parents laughed at his son’s behavior. So, the man hugged his son once again, and then he went into the taxi, which already waited there, outside their home. Little Yunho waved to his Appa and so did his Umma. 

Just about a few seconds after the taxi drove away, Yunho heard a husky sound. People were screaming, little Yunho immediately ran outside, losing his Mom’s palm. The taxi hit the wall and his Appa were struggling to get out from the taxi. Little Yunho ran into his Appa’s direction, yet the man shouted for Yunho to not came closer. Yunho did as he’d been told, but he’s so worried. 

A hard wind blew his small body till it hit the ground. Yunho got up as he saw the red monster swallowed the taxi, along with his Appa.

“Noooo…!!!” Little Yunho cried as he ran to the fire, but suddenly…

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…!!!” Yunho could hear his Umma screaming voice from the house. Yunho immediately got back, this time the red monster already got his house. Yunho was still crying. He wanted to help his Umma, but he tripped. Yunho looked inside the house from the broken window, and he saw the figure…The inhuman figure…

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!” Yunho shouted as got up from his nightmare. After a few seconds, he finally realized he’s in his own room. Sweat made his cloth wet, he was crying.

“What was…” Yunho struggled with his word. He didn’t seem to get it right. His parents died in a car accident, he was sure about it. But then, what’s the dream? It almost felt like it’s really happening.

“Yunho?” Jae’s voice could be heard from the outside, he knocked the door,” Are you OK?”

“I’m….I’m fine...!” Yunho answered.

“…OK then, the breakfast is ready by the way…” Jae said again.

“I’ll come in a minute…” Yunho said back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung…” (Min)

“Hmm?” (Yun)

“Are you OK?” (Chun)

“I’m totally fine…” (Yun)

“Really?” (Su)

“Yeah!” (Yun)

After that last answer, they ate in silent. Somehow, Yunho didn’t like to talk that morning, he didn’t know why. He didn’t have any appetite, yet, he knew he needed to eat something. He grapped the bread that Jae prepared and used some butter on it, he chewed it in a quick pace.

“Yunho ah, a---“ (Jae)

“I told you I’m fine!!!” Yunho said quite loud as he got up and left the dining room, back to his own room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho closed the door, he felt guilty because he just shot a tantrum on , they really just worried about him. He was bad, he knew, he was a bad child.

After finished eating the last piece of the bread, Yunho threw himself on the bed. This was the time, Yunho thought. He would act harshly to anything or even anyone at this time.

Please guys…just ignore me for a day…Yunho thought. Later on, he felt asleep on the bed again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Min ah, what’s up with him?” Yoochun asked.

“He even shouted loudly this morning, like he’d having a nightmare or something…” Jae explained.

“Maybe he’s upset because the nightmare?” Junsu asked.

“Today was his parent’s death anniversary…” Min answered quick and short. The rest was silent for a second. They knew Yunho lost his parents in a car accident when he’s just five years old.

“…Trauma maybe?” Yoochun asked.

“Chunnie, everyone will mourn to someone death when it’s the dead person’s anniversary…” Junsu explained. Yoochun just nodded; somehow he began to understand it.

“OK then!!!” Jae said suddenly.

“What?” the others three chorused together.

“Let’s go to Yunho’s hometown, he must want to visit his parents’ graves, I’ll book the plane ticket now!” Jae said as he made his decision,” Today and tomorrow, we’re off of duty!!!”

“But, Jae hyung! We must ask Yunho first…” Min spoke of truth. But the hot vampire already dialed and spoke to apply for plane ticket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Noo…Umma….Please…Don’t hurt her…” little Yunho cried as he begged to the figure.

“Yunho, RUN!!! RUN!!!” his Umma shouted as she made sure the figure stayed there, away from his son.

“No…Umma, I---“ 

“You’ll protect her?” the figure asked with his awful voice. It’s really full of hatred and pleasure.

“Yunho, please, be a good boy, and RUN!!!” his Umma begged again.

“Nooo! Umma, I---“

The little Yunho’s eyes couldn’t believe what they saw, the figure torn his Umma’s body, and then he landed it on the ground. Yunho was still crying, he’s scared, he tried to get up and run, but the figure caught his foot.

“Noooooo…!!! Umma, Appa help me!!!” little Yunho cried.

Yunho…Yunho…Hey!

Yunho opened his eyes; he saw Jae’s face, just a few inches from him. Yunho could feel the tears still forming and crawling to his cheek. Yunho first reflex was hug Jae, he was so scared, scared of the nightmare.

“It’s OK, it’s…just a nightmare…” Jae said as he caressed Yunho’s hair. Somehow he felt jealousy over Yunho. Jae wanted a dream, even though it’d be a nightmare. He missed dreaming.

“Jae, don’t leave me…” Yunho continued to sob.

“I’ll stay here…” Jae whispered.

“Thanks…” Yunho answered as he tried to control himself.