Chapter 31 "Traitor"

UnDERwoRLD

Chapter 31 

“Traitor”



“It’s gone!!!”

“What are you looking for exactly?” Jae asked to the figure that had been going here and there.

“…Where the hell has it gone to?” the other man kept searching, ignoring the other vampire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, concentrate…” Min woke Yoochun from his daydream.

“…Sorry…But, is Junsu going to be fine?” Chun asked, he’s still worried at the werewolf.

“Junho hyung and that shape-shifter are there too. No need to worry, I think it’s better if---“ 

“You guys worry about yourself…” a voice echoed as both of Min and Chun got their guard up. Something was out there, around them, in the forest.

“Show yourself!” Min shouted. But nothing happened; nothing and no one came out. It’s just…too quite.

Feeling his ankle being bleed by sharp object, Min screamed in pain and rolled front. He slipped and fell on the hard surface, feeling the blood flowing. When he saw who did that to him, his heart stopped from beating. It’s impossible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Eat that!” Jung Min cursed as he kicked two hellhounds in one blast. One of them broke the wall and went into the coffee shop; meanwhile the other one hit the fountain. The water pipe broke and it flooded all over the town square. But suddenly, burst of fire made it ways to the fountain, leaving nothing but steam over the flood. What kind of monster was it exactly now?

“Junho!!!!!!” Jung Min screamed as loud as he could as he ran toward the werewolf. The monster already made it way to Junho’s direction, while the werewolf still busy fighting some Minotaur. 

Junho hit the ground as another figure pushed him, using himself as the shield for his own brother.

“Junsu!” Junho immediately rushed to his twin’s side,” Are you OK? Junsu ah!”

“Hyungie…I’m fine,” Junsu smiled with the wound behind him still bleeding, meanwhile Junho could feel the blood on his palm, it’s not that deep, but still he didn’t like seeing Junsu bleed for him.

“Aarrrrggg!!!” Jung Min’s shouting could be heard as another 2 figures attacked him, leaving the shape-shifter in pain, leaking some blood.

“Jung Min!” Junsu tried to get up and rush to help Jung Min, but Junho prevented him as they saw who the two figures really are. They were the same one that attacked Min and Su that night after the meteor show.

“Let us introduce our self,” one of them said,” My name is Mica and this’s my sister Miranda…”

“And this’s our pet, please don’t be afraid of him, he’s just a sweet cat named Mimi,” Miranda said playfully as he caressed the monster’s head.

“It’s certainly not a cat,” Jung Min mumbled,” Cerberus…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Look like the party already started,” Walter grinned widely, “It’s spectacular and beautiful!”

The flame was burning the city in the middle of night, contrasting the deep black color of hell. It’s just so fantastic if Walter needed to say, he couldn’t even described it with words. Slowly, he got up from his golden chair, leaving the wine behind and taking the ‘key’ with him. He never thought it’d be this easy to obtain the key; too easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sigh....aaaa….sigh…” Min ran as fast as he could and he hid behind one big tree, this couldn’t be happening; too impossible and unbelievable, yes, certainly not possible. Something wasn’t right, or was this just the bitter truth? No, this couldn’t be happening, not even a chance! If only…If only he could read his mind, he would know the answer, whether he’s really being controlled or the words were the truth.

“You know…You can’t hide from me, you’re too easy to read, and you can’t read me…” his voice echoed, leaving Min shivered and confused what to do. Running would make anything better, certainly not. He needed to do something. 

Feeling the tenses around him, Min jumped, avoiding the deadly crush of the huge blade. Why? Why must him? Min couldn’t think of any other worse possibilities than fighting this man, his total weakness.

“Stop avoiding like a brat, will you?!” he kept attacking and attacking, leaving no chance for Min to counterattack. Everything was blurred when Min tried to use his power to lift the rock and hit him; instead, the mind-reader slipped and fell, grinning in pain.

When Min’s eyes opened wide and clear again, the huge blade already made it way and stopped exactly at his neck. No, this’s just wrong!

[FLASHBACK]

“Why?!” Min asked for explanation.

“You guys were fool, easily believe people like me…I was a traitor…a murderer, a killer, and I won’t change…” he said in his stern voice, really not like him.

“No, hyung! You’re lying! This---“

“Isn’t it obvious? I just acted as your friend to kill every of you and join him when the time has come. And now is the time,” he grinned, showing no mercy, certainly not like him.

“No…you’re lying!!!” Min ran as fast as he could.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“Yoochun hyung…why?” tears had escaped the young man’s eyes, he couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t believe Yoochun would betray them for power and greed, just to follow Walter.

“Goodbye….Changmin,”