- Practice

The White Pearl

The next morning, Taeyang hasn't spoken a word to Byul. Taeyang didn't talk to his sister at all and Byul didn't like the silence. They would always be talking to each other and joke around, but today was quiet. Breakfast was quiet and Taeyang left for work without saying a word to Byul. "Oppa is mad at me isn't he appa?" Byul asked her dad with teary eyes. "Just let him be, he needs time to think alone. You have always listened to your oppa but now that it's the first time you have done something without his approval, he isn't used to it." Her dad explained to her. Byul nodded trying to understand and headed upstairs to text her brother.

Taeyang was driving to his office when he received a text from "My lovely dongsaeng" that read "Oppa, don't be mad at me. Can we talk when you get home?" Taeyang knew he was being unreasonable, but needed time to think about it. When he arrived at the office he texted back, "Byul ah, I'm not mad. I just need time to think. We can talk when I get home from work tonight." Byul smiled as she read the words "I'm not mad."

"Mr. Han, the client you have met yesterday has called." Eunsang reported right when Taeyang entered the office. "what did he say?" Taeyang asked placing his phone onto his desk. "He said he wants to work with you." replied Eunsang. "I got it, prepare the documents for me before we have a meeting with the team." Taeyang instructed. Eunsang went to prepare. Taeyang has a masters degree in medical science and he opened a company to develop medical equipments; he has establish quite a reputable brand, TY Medical. His wish was for his sister to graduate and help him with his research and managing the company.

Since it is a Saturday and Han Byul went online to see the courses she has enrolled into. She was preparing for Monday, although it is still the beginning of the school year and she didn't have to worry much about catching up but she is the type that wants to start ahead of time to minimize the work in the long run. She just hopes she'll blend in with the others so its less suspicious of why she transferred.

---Suho's house---

All 12 members were still sound asleep. Searching for the White Pearl for hours the night before drained their energy. All members slept scattered around the house. The sun shined through the house and Baekhyun was awaken from the light. He sat up, rubbed his eyes and yawned. He took a look around while scratching his neck. He shook Chanyeol who was sleeping next to him on the floor. "wae?" Chanyeol said in a sleepy voice. "The sun is up, let's wake up the others." Baekhyun answered.

"Let's just sleep a bit more... we stayed up so late yesterday." Chanyeol whined and rolled on his side with his back facing Baekhyun. Baekhyun shrugged and laid back down and fell asleep again.

It was around 1pm when Xiumin, Suho, Sehun and Tao woke up. Suho looked at his watch, "We slept for nearly 11 hours." The four walked around waking up the others. Everyone slowly went to wash up; they began cooking their first meal of the day. Sehun and Tao were joking around the living room while the older members prepared lunch. "Tao, Sehun, if you don't want to help with cooking, at least set up the table." Kris said with a stern look. Sehun and Tao stopped what they were doing and obeyed their hyung's orders.

Lunch was ready and they gathered around to eat. "What are we going to do after lunch?" Kai asked. "We should go and practice our skills before going out to search again tonight." D.O said as he took a bite out of his sandwich. "Even though we have learned to control our powers, we have to practice in order to prepare for what might come." Suho explained to the others. "We understand" the others agreed.

After they cleaned up, they all headed to practice. EXO's ancestors have created a house that has a secret locked room for the members to discuss their plans and a basement that can be used for practice. Both rooms are only accessed if the person knows the code.

"Suho, let's do what we usually do back in the day when we practiced." Lay suggested just to make practicing a little bit more amusing. Suho smiled and eyed Luhan, "you mean this?" and held out his hand using his powers to create a ball of water; Luhan knew what Suho was thinking so he used his telekinesis power to move the water ball towards Lay. Tao saw it coming and used his powers to stop time, but because the EXO members are not affected by Tao's time stopping powers, Lay got smacked in the face with water; he wiped his face with his hands, "Luhan Hyung! Chen ah, use your powers and electrocute them" Lay tapped Chen's shoulder. "Hyung, I can't do that." Lay pouted, "You're going to let them bully me?" The others laughed, "Hyung! I got you!" Sehun said excitedly and created a gust of wind towards Suho and Luhan. Kai who was in the way used his powers to transport beside Chanyeol's side; however, Xiumin who was standing next to Luhan also got hit by the wind. "Sehun.. you!" Xiumin said jokingly, "I'm going to freeze you." "Hyung! why did you stand there then?!" Sehun said panicking and hid behind D.O. D.O laughed, "you think you can hide behind someone whose shorter than you?" The others laughed and joked around.

"Okay guys, let's begin." Kris initiated the practice by flying freely around the room. The others followed and practiced using their powers as well as dodging each other's powers. The only people who are uneffected by Tao's powers were the EXO members.