- The Truth

The White Pearl

Taeyang got home and went straight to his workroom. He was searching here and there for the entry that he saw when he first used the workroom. "I don't remember where I had seen it." He said scratching his head. His dad and grandpa heard noises coming from the workroom and decided to go check out what was going on.

"What are you looking for?" His dad asked and entered the room. 

"Appa, did you perhaps keep a journal entry before?" Taeyang asked. His dad looked at Taeyang's grandpa, "a journal entry? is he talking about the one your friend  gave to you before he passed?" 

Taeyang took out the journal from his bag and held it up. "Does this seem familiar to you?" His grandpa's eyes widened when he saw the book and walked over to look at it. "Where did you get this? This was my old pal's journal that he would keep with him all the time." 

"Then... do you have the missing entry?" Taeyang continued asking. 

"Why do you ask?" Grandpa asked him while looking at Taeyang's dad. 

"Byul dreamed of two people which now I believe is your friend and you, grandpa. She said he was writing something, ripped it out and went to find someone." Taeyang replied. 

Grandpa and dad sat down at the coffee table in the middle of the room. The two sighed, "I still have the entry." Grandpa said looking worried. 

"Can I see it?" Taeyang asked. Dad looked a bit unsettled, but the two knew one of these days they would have to tell the truth of what happened years ago when Byul and Taeyang were still young. Their grandpa nodded and said it was time; Taeyang's dad stood up and walked over to one of the drawers. It was folded and tucked neatly at the back. It was carefully hidden so that it wouldn't be found so easily. 

Taeyang's dad handed over the entry to him. Taeyang took the entry from his dad and he hoped what he was going to read had nothing to do with Byul. Taeyang breathed out preparing himself as if he knew what he was about to read. 

"Han Jin Woo (grandpa's name), because I trusted you and your family so much I had revealed to you who me and my team were. We are the descendants of Exodus and I don't have much time so I must tell you the truth. The day my team and I met you was the day your grandson was born; at the time we didn't trust anyone and slowly you showed us kindness and we believed meeting you and your family was fate. When your grandchildren encountered a mysterious light and Byul fell ill, you and your son came searching for us hoping we would be able to help. During that time, we had to protect you and your family so we kept the truth hidden and just used our powers to help heal Byul; however, we must tell you now in order to prepare for the future. The light your grandchildren had encountered was the light of the White Pearl in which generations have been searching for. The White Pearl chose her to be it's home for the next 20 years until the 100 years mark arrives and because the power of the White Pearl was so strong, it caused her body to become weak. Taeyang also encountered the White Pearl and the White Pearl split 30% of its power to him. We don't know what will happen in the future, but the White Pearl's energy can only be removed by their own hands."

Taeyang read the first entry and finally understood why he and his younger sister had powers when they had no blood relationship with Exodus. Taeyang turned to his dad and grandpa, "It says we can remove the power, but last time you said that if we were to remove Byul's power, she's not going live." Taeyang said. "Keep reading, there's another entry." Dad said and Taeyang found another entry page behind the first one. 

It read,

"I don't know how to break it to you, but there will be consequences when the power is removed. Taeyang who only inherited 30% of the powers will be okay if he removes it; but if he is injured when he removes his powers, his life will be in danger. Byul who gained 70% of the White Pearl's powers will die once the powers are removed regardless if she is injured or not. The White Pearl will need to be used in order to save EXO planet and I feel guilty that it may have to end with a sacrifice. I know you and your son will do whatever it takes to protect Byul; you might not even let the generation living at the 100 years mark find out who has the White Pearl. And I too don't want Byul to go through it, however because the White Pearl has it's own thoughts, it might tell her what she needs to do. I won't be able to see Byul and Taeyang grow up into fine young people, but I hope that whatever happens in the future is the best for everyone. Goodbye old friend, hopefully we will see each other and become great friends again in our next life. 

Kim Jae Bum (Suho's grandpa's name)"

Taeyang dropped the entry and the journal on the floor, he was in disbelief of what he had just finished reading. He closed his eyes and swallowed, "Byul, will have to be sacrificed?" He asked with tears beginning to form. His dad and grandpa dropped their heads and answered, "We know, we too don't want anything to happen to Byul. We also denied it when we first read it too. You saw it over the years though, her powers have been stronger than usual and every night she's been dreaming things she usually doesn't."

"My poor little sister doesn't even know what she's getting herself into and is running around like an idiot every night helping EXO find the White Pearl without knowing that what everyone wants is inside of her." Taeyang said pointing outside in anger. 

"what do you mean? She's found EXO?" Grandpa asked. Taeyang quickly stopped his tears from overflowing, "Byul and I have already encountered EXO three months ago, she's with them day and night." Taeyang's dad flopped back onto his chair, "Looks like we really can't go against what has already been planned out for Byul." "What do you mean appa? We can just prevent her from contacting them again. Let's move, we can move far away and not get involved." Taeyang suggested.

"Do you really think that will prevent Byul from doing what she wants to do? Are we really that greedy to save our child and neglect thousands of innocent people?" Grandpa asked.

"Mom left me...left us... the last gift she gave me was my younger sister. Do you think I can bare to ignore the fact that my sister may need to be sacrificed?" said Taeyang who doesn't know what to do.

"I know... Byul is also someone we all love the most in the family. You know we also don't want her to be harmed but there are things we can't control. We can only pray that what grandpa's friend wrote about the consequences is only his assumption." Dad said trying to calm Taeyang down.

Taeyang took out his cell phone and called Byul to come home sooner than usual. There was someone eavesdropping from outside and they quickly vanished into the darkness once they heard the conversation.

"What is it oppa?" She asked on the phone. "Just come home early tonight" Taeyang answered. "Alright, I'll be home soon." Byul obeyed and hung up.

"Your brother wants you home?" D.O asked. Byul nodded and said she had to go. "Go on, we'll be fine. Your brother is probably just worried." Suho said.

Byul left the team and headed home.