- Fluttering Hearts

The White Pearl

Although Byul was still trying to calm herself down from what had happened, she still managed to finish her exam early and was the first one to hand it in. Byul stood around the water fountain where she and EXO had met everyday after school and texted her brother telling him she was done.

Taeyang who was at the office, texted back when he saw his sister's text, "How was it? it must've been too easy for my sister right?"

"It was good..." Byul replied; Taeyang looked at his phone and he could sense something was wrong when he read her reply especially with the "..." at the end.

"Is something wrong? did someone upset my little sister?" he asked.

"I really can't hide anything from you oppa. Just something unpleasant happened, but I'm alright." Byul sent a reply and within seconds her phone vibrated; Taeyang called. Suho smiled as he spotted Byul and walked over.

"Tell your oppa what happened. Who bullied you?" He asked as soon as Byul picked up.

"Someone said something bad about mom, I got mad." Byul answered. "Oppa, I miss mom"

"Mom would've loved you as much we love you. You are pretty and kind like her." Taeyang replied with a smile on his face hoping he put a smile on his sister's.

Byul smiled slightly. "I wish mom was here." She said sadly not knowing Suho was behind her and accidently overheard her talking. "On the other hand, I'm glad I have oppa, appa, and grandpa beside me. If I was alone, I don't know how I'm suppose to deal with everything."

"I will always be beside you. I promised you that since you were young, I'm never going to break that promise." Taeyang said. "Oppa, if you break that promise, I'm never going to forgive you." Byul warned and Taeyang laughed. "Of course I won't. Byul-ah I have to go meet a client so I can't continue talking. I'll see you later, don't be upset." said Taeyang and he hung up.

Byul was about to put her phone into her pocket when a bike was heading her way. The sound of the bell from a passing bike scared Byul and she fell over but someone caught her and held onto her waist from behind. She looked at who it was and noticed it was Suho. The two looked at each other for a good 30 seconds; Byul's heart was beating fast and she broke free from Suho, embarrassed.

"Thanks, Suho oppa." She said quickly trying to maintain a calm expression. Suho smiled, "be careful of your surroundings, you're so silly at times."

"When did you come? Don't you have class?" asked Byul.

"I just arrived, class got cancelled today. Lay went to the washroom so I decided to come out here and accidently overheard your conversation." Suho answered.

"ahh~ so you heard everything?" Byul asked and he nodded, "may I ask what happened to your mom?" Suho asked cautiously. Byul smiled and leaned against the fountain rim; Suho did the same and stood beside her. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"My mom.. lost her life when she gave birth to me. I have never seen her other than the photos my dad showed me." Byul said; Suho turned and stared at Byul with a caring look. "Whenever I miss my mom, oppa would always be there to comfort me. According to my dad, oppa, and grandpa, I take after my mom a lot. When I hear that, I feel great inside because they said my mom was a smart and kind woman." Byul smiled and turned to look at Suho, "Although my mom isn't physically beside me, I feel like she's always here... right here within me. No matter where the person is, as long as you have each other in your hearts, you'll always feel connected." and placed her hand on her chest where her heart is.

Suho stared at Byul and smiled; the two looked at each other in the eye. Byul's heart was beating fast again and she felt it when she made eye contact with Suho. "Why am I feeling this way?" Byul thought to herself; however, she wasn't the only one who felt that way. Suho was also feeling the fast beating of his heart, "my heart's beating fast again, she's charming the more I look at her" he thought. The two stood there and looked into each other's eyes and slowly Suho leaned forward towards Byul. Byul who was standing there knew what was going to happen but stood still; Suho leaned fairly close and when their lips were about to touch, Lay called out, "Suho! Byul ah!" Byul pulled away and quickly calmed herself down as if nothing had happened.

Lay ran up to the two, "What are you guys talking about?" he asked innocently. "Oh thank goodness, Lay oppa didn't see anything." Byul mumbled to herself. "Huh?" Lay said and Byul shook her head smiling, "nothing." She took a glance at Suho who also has his eyes fixed on her.

The three waited for the rest; Sehun, Kai and Tao finished their exam and went to find Byul. When they found her, the four discussed their answers. "AHHH WAS THAT THE ANSWER?" Sehun yelled devastated. Byul laughed, "don't trust me... I could be wrong." "I GOT IT WRONG TOO!" Tao shouted. "ahahahaha! I got the same answer as Byul!" Kai said in a happy voice.

The members were all gathered after 20 mins and decided to head home. On their way home, Byul was walking beside D.O and Chen when she sensed an evil power and stopped the two. "What's wrong?" D.O asked. "Someone's here." Byul replied and turned around and spotted someone around the corner. "Guys, hold on. Something's up." Chen said and stopped the others from walking too far ahead. The others walkd back to where D.O, Byul and Chen were standing. "Let me check it out." Byul said and ran over, "Wait Byul ah!" the others said worried she'll get hurt but she was already heading towards the person. They were right, right when Byul got to the corner the person striked an attack and hit Byul right in the chest. "Byul ah!" Suho yelled along with D.O and Chanyeol. Byul was on the ground and hurt as the others ran towards her. Baekhyun and Chen used their powers to attack and killed the Chaos, who had turned into smoke, regardless if there were people around or not.

"are you okay Byul?" Chanyeol asked worried as he and Suho helped her up but Byul was in a bit of pain from the attack. "I'm fine, just a little bit painful; their attack was strong but I can still handle it still." "let's go home, I'll heal you when we get home." Lay said and the others quickly headed home.

"What happened?!" Luhan asked when he saw Suho and Chanyeol help Byul inside. "Byul was attacked." Baekhyun answered and placed Byul's backpack on the ground and made room on the couch for her to sit on. "In broad daylight?!" Kris asked in shock and the others nodded. "Things have changed, they are now not afraid to come out in broad daylight to attack us." Byul answered while grunting a little bit in pain.

Lay used his healing powers to heal Byul. "You also have healing powers right?" Xiumin asked. "I also have healing powers like Lay oppa, but the thing with healing powers is that it can only heal other people with powers and not ourselves. So I can heal any of you but myself and same with Lay oppa. He can heal anyone but himself." Byul explained when the others asked her about the healing abilities. "How are you feeling?" D.O. asked and sat down next to her. She smiled weakly, "Much better, a little rest will do the trick." "Take a nap, we'll wake you up for dinner." Tao said. "Please don't -" "tell your brother?" Byul started but Baekhyun finished her sentence. "Don't worry, we won't." Chen replied. "Never do that again, what happens if that was a stronger attack? You gave us a scare." said Suho in a bit of an angry voice. "I'm sorry." Byul apologized and seeing Byul being apologetic, the members weren't so mad anymore.

The others went to make dinner while D.O. sat beside Byul and kept an eye on her while she was taking a rest. Byul dozed off and her head leaned against D.O's shoulder. D.O looked at Byul and his face formed a small smile, "use my shoulder whenever you need to, i'll always lend it to you." he thought to himself. Suho who was cutting vegetables on the counter glanced over and saw the scene and saw how D.O was looking at Byul; eyes full of feelings. "Does he also have feelings for Byul?" Suho wondered.