- Captured

The White Pearl

It has been more than a week since Byul and Suho have not been talking to each other on personal terms. If anything needed to be said it would be within the group. Students around the school have been more cautious now than they ever were since things have become more dangerous. Exo, Byul and Taeyang had instructed everyone that if anything were to happen, leave the school and go home right away and ensure the family as well as neighbors are safe in their respective homes. They have sensed the final battle coming really soon and wouldn't want anything to happen to innocent people. 

Every night, Byul received a few text messages from numbers she doesn't recognize telling her that Chaos had been spotted in certain areas. Since its has been quiet lately, Byul thought something would happen and decided to tell the others. When they arrived at the area, nothing was there. After receiving false alarms a number of times, it was hard not to be frustrated. Hence, they unintentially let out their frustrations at Byul.

"Do you know that these are false alarms?" Baekhyun asked.

Byul shook her head, "No, even if its false alarms I think its better to check it out."

"You've called us out here at random times and its always the same thing; nothing." Suho said in an annoyed voice.

"Ahh this is so frustrating." a few stated.

"I think you're overthinking Byul." Chanyeol said patting her shoulder.

"When something actually happens, then call us." Kris said.

Byul got upset, its not her fault that she wanted people to be safe. She looked around and she could sense that she was being blamed. "Go home then, I'll check by myself." She said and left.

"Let's go home." Suho said and the others followed him home. Taeyang ran after Byul, but Byul said she doesn't want to see anyone.

After that, she's been checking by herself everytime she got a message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At school, two students were walking down the hall on their way to the cafeteria.

"Have you heard anything lately?" A student asked while walking with his friend down the hallway. 

"No, have you?" The other one asked. 

"Someone approached me the other day and told me something." He replied. His friend looked at him with curious eyes. 

"Who?" The student pulled his friend off to a quiet area and checked around before he answered. 

"The girl that came here and created the mess." He whispered. 

"The evil one?" His friend asked in shock. The guy nodded.

"shhh. Don't tell anyone. I'm in a dilemma right now. If I don't make a choice by today, my family and I will be killed." He requested his friend to keep quiet. 

"What choice? What did she tell you to do?" asked his friend looking worried.

"They said I need to lure Byul out to the park tonight. They said they wanted Byul." He answered pacing back and forth not knowing what to do.

"I think you should tell EXO."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch, EXO, Byul and Taeyang were together as usual but she wasn't talking much. Then someone came up to her.

"Byul, do you have a minute?" the student asked her. Byul nodded, "What is it?"

"I have to tell you something." he replied. Byul went with him and the members were too busy talking and eating to notice she had left the group.

"What is it?" Byul asked.

"I need your help. My family will be in danger tonight if you don't help me."

"What do you mean?" Byul asked worried.

"They will be after my family. They said that if I don't get you to meet them tonight, my family will be in danger."

"Where will they be and are you sure?"

"Yes I'm positive. They said they want to meet you at the park near the school. I think you should tell EXO." He answered.

Byul thought about it and replied, "I will tell my brother and the others." The two headed back to the cafeteria.

"Where did you go?" D.O asked as Byul took a seat.

"Tonight at the park near our school, there will be someone there." Byul answered.

"Another false alarm?" Luhan asked.

"I don't think so. I heard it from a classmate directly in person."

"You believe it will happen? It's just going to be like any other alerts you've been getting." Suho replied.

"You guys don't believe me?" asked Byul. The others looked around not answering.

"It's not that we don't believe you Byul. It's just we believe it might be another false information which will just keep us away from focusing on what is needed most." Taeyang tried reasoning while the others nodded.

"What is needed? I thought we needed to protect people." Byul said.

"And to protect them, we need to focus on how we'll be finishing off the enemies." Tao chimmed in.

"Fine, do what you guys want. I'll head there myself tonight. I'm tired of getting you guys to do things." Byul said annoyed and stood up to head to class. They watched her as she left the area.

"Should we just follow her tonight?" suggested Sehun worried that something will actually happen tonight.

"I also want to follow her," Kai said.

"But what if its just another disappointment?" Xiumin asked. The majority of the group decided not to head out tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------

In class, the classmate asked Byul if EXO members were going to come with her to the park. Byul shook her head and said they won't be. "Why not?! What if something happens to you?" He asked.

"Nothing will happen to me." She replied smiling, assuring him she was alright. "I will tell them to at least check your house tonight just in case."

"I will go with you tonight then." He offered.

"No stay home. I'll be fine." She told him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, Byul had messaged the others to at least check on the classmate's house just in case. Taeyang said that it wouldn't hurt to just go over and see if anything was wrong; thus, they left and headed over to the classmates house.

"Hello, we're classmates with your son." Lay introduced.

"Ahh, you are the ones that my son said will be coming over." The classmate's father answered and the members nodded.

"Is everything okay?" Baekhyun asked while Chanyeol, D.O and Chen walked around the house to scan the area.

"Everything is fine. Is there something wrong?" The mother asked.

"Oh no, we were just walking around the neighborhood and decided to stop to say hi to your son." Kris replied.

"Oh Dongwoo? He left a moment ago, he said he needed to check on his classmate." The mother replied. "Who did he say he needed to see again honey?" She asked her husband who was standing beside her.

"Someone named Byul? I believe." The father answered while scratching his head. "Oh right! He said if you guys come over here, he asked some of you to go to the park. Apparently he said it was important."

The members looked at each other. "I'll call and ask Byul." Chen said in a bit of a worried state. "The number you have dialed can not be reached --" "She's not picking up."

"I'll call Dongwoo." The mother said seeing their worried state. Just when she was about to call, he called his dad's cell phone.

"Oh Dongwoo ah, we were about to call you. Your friends are here." His dad answered.

"Appa! Tell them to come here quick!" Dongwoo said in a rushed voice.

"Huh? What do you mean? Here talk to them." His dad replied and gave the phone over to Lay who was standing closest.

"Hello?" Lay answered.

"Please hurry and come to the park! Byul is in danger." Dongwoo said in rushed voice.

"What? What's happening? Byul..what's wrong with Byul?!" Lay asked worried.

"Hurry and come, she's in pain." He replied and hung up. Lay passed the phone back to Dongwoo's father and patted the guys in the back and rushed towards the school's park.

Meanwhile, Byul who was at the park were confronted with not just one or two Chaos members but a dozen of them. Again showed up Yoona.

"This time, I'm getting you for good." Yoona said and took out the White Pearl. She used her powers and used the pearl to out the energy within Byul. Byul who was in pain dropped to the ground....helpless.

Dongwoo was on the phone when he saw what was happening. He hung up, picked up a pretty thick stick that was laying in the field and ran over. He struck Yoona's hand with it and the White Pearl was dropped. He picked it up and ran over to Byul.

"Are you okay?!" He asked as he helped her up.

"I told you not to come." She said as she took deep breaths trying to gain her posture.

"I couldn't just leave you and do nothing! Even a regular person like myself can do something useful." Dongwoo said.

"You want to die don't you?!" Yoona yelled as Dongwoo was about to give back the pearl to Byul. She struck an attack towards Dongwoo and Byul saw it coming.

"Look out!" Byul said and pushed Dongwoo out of the way; getting hit instead. "Ahh" Byul let out a cry and spat out a bit of blood.

Dongwoo dropped the pearl again and turned to face Byul who was lying on the ground. The EXO members arrived, "Byul ah!" They yelled as they saw the attack.