- First Search as 12

The White Pearl

"Kai, do you know where we're going tonight?" Sehun asked as Kai, Sehun and Tao walked out of class together. Kai and Tao looked at Sehun with a shocked look. "Yah, you shouldn't say that so carelessly." Tao whispered to Sehun. Sehun looked a bit confused at first but then realized his mistake.

Sehun who hasn't been able to participate in such missions before didn't know anything about the plans for the search. "I forgot," He smiled. Kai and Tao shook their heads with a laugh. "Let's go meet up with the other hyungs." said Kai. The three walked to go find Suho and the others.

"Hyung, where are you? We just finished class." Tao called Suho. "We're waiting for you guys at the University's water fountain." Suho answered. "Oh we see you." Tao replied. The three walked up to them, "Sehun was so excited about tonight, that he forgot and asked us in public about the plans." Kai reported to Suho. Sehun nudged Kai giving him the "stop talking" look. 

"Sehun ah, you want to stay home tonight?" D.O asked. "Hyung! I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I promise!" Sehun said in an upset voice as he was taken aback. His hyungs laughed, "we're just kidding, don't be so upset." Chanyeol assured him that he was included starting the day he got the hang of controling his powers.

"Let's go home, the hyungs are waiting for us." Lay started walking leading the group to follow as well. Suho drove one car and Chen drove another car; in Chen's car, Chen, Baekhyun, and chanyeol were telling Sehun what to do and what not to do when searching at night. "You mustn't use your powers unless you are threatened." Baekhyun instructed. "You must follow all instructions of the hyungs," Chen said while driving. "Also, never give out your name and information to anyone." Chanyeol finished off. "Basically summing it up: I should just stay low and follow." Sehun said sarcastically. "That's right!" Chanyeol said. Sehun looked at his hyungs with a disappointed look. "Chanyeol's just joking. There's more you need to know. You'll know more about it when we get home." Chen said seeing Sehun's disappointed look.

Xiumin, Kris and Luhan had finished cooking dinner for the others. They will be discussing their searching plans like always but today will be different since Sehun will be included. Often Sehun would be the one who would be left at home practicing but now that he has improved, it was time he joined. 

"Hyungs, we're home!" Baekhyun annouced loudly as they walked through the doors. The members stay at Suho's home more often than they stay at their own family homes. "Oh, how was class?" Xiumin asked as he greeted them at the door with a high five. "It was boring, Tao slept in class" Sehun said. "Tao... you... are just like your hyung" Kris said laughing as he pointed to himself. The others laughed and shook their heads and entered the living room. 

"Let's eat first, you guys must be hungry." Luhan said and pointed to the table full of food. "Wahh!" Everyone said as they dropped their backpacks and headed to the table. Suho however was still in deep thought. "Worried about what may happen?" Xiumin asked. Suho nodded and the rest looked at each other understanding what Suho was worried about. "We'll figure something out. Come eat" Kris said and dragged Suho over to the table. 

The table was cleared after dinner and all the members entered Suho's locked room. Lay went to grab the map and any documents that was needed on Suho's desk in the room. Only Suho and the members are able to access the room; the room can only be accessed with a special code that the 12 had made together. 

The 12 members surrounded the table and looked at the map that was given to them by their grandparents; the map was divided into 12 pieces. "We have been searching here and here for the last week." Suho pointed out. "We should go back to the beginning point; where we started and search thoroughly again." Suho suggested. "It would be good to double check areas again, at this point, we have to really focus." D.O. said with a determined expression. 

"I'll go bring out the 12 stone necklaces." said Lay, "I'll help you hyung," Chanyeol extended a helping hand. Lay smiled at and the two went to go grab the necklaces that was placed in the drawer at the back of the room. "Hyung, what does the necklaces do?" Sehun asked. "When you encounter the energy of the White Pearl, the stone on the necklace will shine. As long as the 12 stones all shine, we'll be able to find the pearl." Kai answered. Sehun nodded, "ahh, whoa everything is so new to me! you guys never let me in this room whenever you plan so I never know what's happening in here." Sehun said excitedly. "Sehun ah, you got to focus." Tao said as he snapped at Sehun suggesting him to focus on the plan. 

"Have you found anything that was left by your grandpa about how and what to do with the White Pearl when we find it?" Lay asked. Suho shook his head, "I'm still searching through all his stuff that he left." Suho replied and walked over to his desk, opened his drawer and took out an old notebook. "If you look here, an entry is ripped out of this notebook. I have a feeling that whatever was written on that page is regarding the White Pearl." Suho continued. "We should look into our ancestors stuff when we get home, it may have been given to one of our families." Luhan replied and the others nodded in agreement. 

"Okay, when it gets a bit darker outside, we'll head out to search. We have to be extra careful now that its the start of the 100th year. Sehun ah, remember to stay low; no one knows who we are. Unless you really have to, then use your power in a subtle way that won't cause suspicion" Suho reminded his rookie dongsaeng. "Yes hyung, I will remember" Sehun said enthusiastically.

It got darker outside and EXO were ready to head out to search. They began at the place they originally started, the hill behind the area that the battle took place 100 years ago. "Let's split up but do not go too far. Use our signal to let each other know if we have found something." Kris suggested. The signal that he was talking about is using their inner powers to create a small ball of light energy and release it into the sky. It was subtle enough that normal people will think of it as a shooting star. 

The search began and it lasted for quite a few hours. They walked around the area a couple of times hoping to at least find some hint of the White Pearl's energy however, no stone had shined. They gathered together, "did you find anything?" Chen asked. "no hyung," Tao answered. The others sighed. "guess it's not in this area." said D.O. breaking the silence. As they were feeling disappointed they heard a voice but no one was around. "Looks like you're ancestors had made you become the guardians of this planet. Will you be able to defeat us?" was what the voice was saying. EXO members looked around trying to find the source of where the voice came from. "who are you?" Baekhyun asked, but there was no answer. "It has officially started." Suho replied with a worried expression. "We really have to find the White Pearl. As long as we find it and don't let it fall into the hands of Chaos, Exoplanet will be okay." said Chanyeol. 

The members returned home and decided to continue the search again the next day, following the same method: revisiting the areas that have been searched and work their way around the map.