- Show Yourself To Be Trusted

The White Pearl

"May I know your guys' names?" Byul asked politely. "I'm Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O., Lay hyung, Chen, and Suho hyung." Chanyeol quickly introduced them all. "yes, 3 more and i'll know all their names." She smiled as she thought to herself. "Uh, we would like to continue to talk but we have to go home now. We have things to take care of." Chen spoke up. "Oh, well you guys can go on ahead, don't mind me." The 9 walked away; out of all days, today they decided not to drive so they had to walk home; Byul who didn't let this chance go of formally introducing herself sneakily followed them. They all arrived at Suho's house where the three last members were waiting for them, "so this is where they live." said Byul quietly as she snuck behind a bush. "What am I even doing? This isn't right." She realized she had invaded their private lives, but she really wanted to know everything. "Just this once, umma. forgive me." Byul said looking up at the clear blue sky hoping her mom who is in heaven to understand. The members entered the house and Byul sprinted towards them, Suho hearing footsteps from behind turned around instinctively and noticed Byul was following them. 

"Why are you following us?!" Suho shouted demanding answers. Byul was shocked but understood why he was mad, it was her fault in the first place. "I wanted to talk to you guys," she answered in a mumbling voice, Byul who was looking down at the ground. Kris, Xiumin and Luhan who heard Suho's shout came outside, "what's happening?" Luhan asked. "a new girl in Tao's, Kai's and Sehun's class followed us home." D.O said in an annoyed voice. "I'm sorry" Byul apologized seeing everyone's angry faces. "Leave." Chen said in a sharp voice. "This isn't a place for you to come." Kris' voice was cold as ice. "show yourself and we'll trust you is what you said to me last time." Byul said quietly. "what did you say?" Xiumin asked for her to repeat herself. "Show yourself and we'll trust you, is what Suho-shi said to me yesterday night" Byul repeated herself again but this time clearer and louder. The members looked at each other with confused looks, then Suho remembered yesterday's encounter with the girl that helped them fight Chaos. "It's you?!" Suho exclaimed with wide eyes. "Ahhh! No wonder her voice seemed familiar." Sehun finally realized it was Byul that they were talking to yesterday. "How do we know you're the one we met yesterday?" Lay asked to make sure. Byul looked around to make sure no one was around and she used her invisibility power for a quick moment. She disappeared and reappeared in front of them, "do you believe me now?" Byul asked looking at them with convincing eyes. "it's her." Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol and the members were starting to be convinced.

"Why didn't you show yourself to us yesterday when asked you to? It would have made things more normal and less surprising. I wouldn't have to raise my voice just now." Suho interrogated Byul who was standing still. "uhm.." Byul tried answering but then noticed people were walking by. "Let's go inside and talk this out." Kris suggested seeing how talking in public about these things weren't a great idea. Byul smiled at the suggestion and nodded in agreement. The members were trying to say no, but they felt the right thing to do was to talk to her. They... trusted her. She followed the members inside the house and was amazed at how it looked. "Whoa, so your house looks like this? It wasn't what I had imagined." Byul said looking around in amusement. "What did you picture it as?" Chanyeol asked. "You know, from all the stories about Exodus and their power passing from one generation to the next, I thought the house would be like the old style houses. I didn't expect it to be this modern." Byul exaggerated. The members let out a laugh; "she just unintentially thought you were an old man Suho hyung." Sehun said laughing. "Yah! I'm not old." Suho pouted defending himself. "Oh that's not what I meant." Byul replied laughing along with the members. "let's be serious here. there's things we want to know from you...I don't even know your name." said Luhan walking over to Byul and had a closer look at her and noticed her beauty. "Han Byul is my name. What's your name?" she introduced as well as took the chance to ask the last three members. "Luhan, Kris and I'm Xiumin." answered Xiumin, Kris just gave a single nod. 

"Let's sit down first. I'm tired from standing," Tao whined and sat down on the couch. The members one by one found their seats leaving Byul standing; "come sit. unless you want to stand then be our guest." said Lay who placed his backpack down and sat next to Chen. Byul was looking at where to sit and didn't know if it was okay for her to sit on the couch so she decided to sit on the floor along with Sehun and D.O.

"Uhm first of all, I'm sorry for showing up randomly these days." Byul started off. "I just had things I wanted to find out and I thought you guys would help me since I don't know who else would give me the answers I want." "Before you asked us questions, let me ask you something." Chen replied and Byul nodded. "yesterday you said that you needed to protect us, what did you mean by that?" asked Chen, the members had the same question and really wanted to know what Byul meant by what she said yesterday. At this point she just wanted them to trust her so she didn't hide anything, "I have been having these dreams for about a couple months now. Every night something...like my inner powers are telling me to go protect EXO. Thus, I decided to go search for you guys, and so I transferred to Wook Uni to see if I can find you guys. Luckily the day I went out with my brother, I was able to sense your powers and by the time my inner powers told me that the people I had helped turned out to be EXO, you guys had already left." Byul explained. "Then how did you get your powers?" "I honestly don't know, my grandpa and appa didn't tell me anything. Seems like my oppa doesn't know either. That's why I thought that if I meet you, maybe you'd have the answers." replied Byul in a hopeful voice. The members shook their heads, "we thought about it, we have never heard about any other powers existing on this planet other than the 12 that we possess." said Baekhyun shooting down Byul's hope and Byul was disappointed. "Can you tell us what powers you and your oppa have?" D.O asked wanting to know more about other powers outside of the EXO group. "oppa only has the shield and reflect power, as for me I have invisibility, power enhancement, telepathy and healing." answered Byul and the members were surprised at how many powers she had under her belt. 

"possessing such powers doesn't necessarily mean its a good thing," continued Byul who saw the surprised expressions on their faces. "My energy drains 2x faster than you guys when I use it for too long. When D.O-shi asked me why I sounded so weak yesterday and why I quickly left was because my energy was decreasing." The members started to understand and began to trust her more as she spoke out honestly. "Does that mean you were able to sense all our powers?" Lay asked and Byul nodded. "Can I ask a question now?" asked Byul who wanted her share in asking questions. The members looked at their leader, Suho to see if he will give permission; Suho nodded which is what the members expected. "Can you tell me what the White Pearl is and what the shining stones are?" "The White Pearl was lost during the battle 100 years ago and it was the source of energy for our ancestors, it holds great power and can help us defeat Chaos. However, if the pearl is not found by the end of this year, we will not be able to stop Chaos, and our powers as well as our lives will be gone. The reason why we still have powers is because the White Pearl is still existing." Suho answered and Byul was fascinated by what she was hearing. "So, you haven't been able to find it?" the members shook their heads, "the stones we had yesterday was the method of finding the White Pearl. If all 12 shines, it means the pearl is somewhere near; but we couldn't find it yesterday," Kris continued. 

"I can help you guys find it if you'd like." Byul offered a helping hand, the members hesitated for a moment. "I think the reason that I needed to find you was for me to protect and help you with whatever you need in order to protect this planet." continued Byul hoping for them to give her permission. "We are both on the same boat, I also want to protect this planet." The members looked at each other and all eyes were on Suho again, since he was the one that makes the decision as the leader. "give us a moment," Suho said and signaled the members to head over to the locked room. 

Inside the locked room they were discussing whether or not to let Byul participate in their mission. "I think she's trustworthy." Tao stated his opinion. "me too," said Sehun. "I feel like she can help us," Chen agreed. "It's not just us Suho, but you're also feeling a sense of trust in her too right? She answered all our questions honestly" Luhan asked. Suho nodded, "I feel the same like you guys do, maybe we should trust her." The members walked out of the locked room and Byul stared at them, she could have used her telepathy power but she didn't want to cross the line. EXO members sat back down on the couch. "Okay, we'll help you find answers and you help us find the White Pearl" Suho said, "but if you betray us, we'll hunt you down." Byul smiled and said, "don't worry, i will never betray you guys." 

"We are searching tonight, so meet us here at 8 if you want to come along." said Chanyeol. Byul looked at her watch and noticed it was time for her to go home. "Okay, I'll see if I can make it tonight. Oh can I have one of your guys' number so I can text/call if I'll come tonight?" Byul took out her phone and handed to Sehun; Sehun saved his number on her phone and her phone was passed on from one member to the next. When it was given back to her, all 12 numbers were saved. She said goodbye and went home; the members saw her at the door and only went back inside when she walked out of sight.