- So We Meet Again

The White Pearl

Byul who used her remaining strength ran straight home. As she reached the front door of her house, she calmed herself down to not let her brother become suspicious. She walked into the house to find her brother still doing work on his laptop in the work room. Byul quietly tiptoed across hoping Taeyang wouldn't see her, "Byul ah, where did you go?" Taeyang asked while signing some documents. She breathed and acted calmly, turned to face her brother and answered, "I went to see some friends." Taeyang looked up and scanned Byul's face; Byul was nervous. However she wasn't completely lying, she considers EXO her friends. "Why do you look so drained?" asked Taeyang in a suspicious voice. "Oh I ran all the way home. Got some excercise." Byul replied calmly hoping to avoid anymore questions. Taeyang nodded, "go rest. It's your first day at Wook University tomorrow." Byul breathed out in relief, she was glad that he didn't have any telepathy powers and headed upstairs, "goodnight oppa!" she said as she left. Byul entered her room and closed her door; as she closed the door behind her, she slumped down exhausted. She closed her eyes for a little bit to regain her energy before changing and getting ready for bed. Once she felt like she gained back enough energy, she got changed, washed up for bed.

EXO members gave back their stones to Suho before heading home. Suho placed the stones back into the drawer and decided to look through his grandpa's stuff before heading to bed. He skimmed through the documents but still didn't find any trace of the missing entry. He texted all the members reminding them to have a look before meeting up tomorrow evening.

Byul slept through her alarm and her dad rushed upstairs to wake her up. "Byul ah, if you don't wake up now, you'll be late for class" he told her. She waved her hand around looking for her phone. Byul looked at her phone with one eye half opened and the time read "9:10 am." Her eyes widened in surprise, "I'm going to be late for my first class!" She rushed into the washroom and quickly changed. Byul's first class starts at 10am; she was worried she'll be late because she would still need to go to the administration's office and then find her first class. The sound of running down the stairs surprised her grandpa who was eating breakfast, "slow down hun, its not the end of the world." her grandpa said and took a sip of his soup. "Eat before you leave" her dad said when he entered the kitchen. "I'll be late appa." she replied urgently. Taeyang came out from his room, "I'll take you to school." "oppa didn't leave yet?" Byul asked. "Did you forget your oppa is the CEO? I can go a bit late it's okay." He answered and sat down to eat. "Even if you drive me, I think i'll still be late" answered Byul as she sat down as well. "at least finish the soup." Dad instructed. Byul listened and ate breakfast although she was in a rush to get to school.

Taeyang and Byul left the house at 9:35 and got to school at 9:45. She got out of the car as soon as Taeyang got to the front gate; usually Taeyang would get off and open the door for his sister but today she just jumped out. "I'll see you at home oppa!" she yelled and ran to find the administration's office. 

"Hi, my name is Han Byul and I just transferred here." Byul introduced herself to the secretary. "ahh, Han Byul from Shinhwa university?" the lady asked with a smile as she looked on the computer. Byul nodded and the lady gave Byul her school ID and told her she can head to class and that if she has any questions she can come back to the admin's office for more information. 

The school was a lot bigger and more complicated than Shinhwa. "Where am I?" she asked as she stared at the school's directory which was placed on the wall. Byul noticed some students walking by and decided to ask them for directions. They were nice enough to take her to the lecture hall; she thanked them and off they went. Byul calmed herself down with her hand on the door handle; she knew all eyes would be on her when she walked in but she couldn't stand outside the lecture all day and pushed the door. Her prediction was right, the professor stopped lecturing and everyone turned to look at the door, Byul peeped her head in. "Sorry to interrupt, I'm new here." The professor paused for a moment before saying, "Oh you must be Han Byul. The student that was added last Friday. Come on in." Byul smiled and entered the room. "How about introducing yourself before we resume class." The professor suggested which put Byul on the spot. "uhh... Hi, my name is Han Byul. Nice to meet you and hope we all get along." She introduced herself even though that was something she didn't plan to do. The class clapped and the professor added, "Han Byul transferred from Shinhwa uni and is one of the top students in the medical science faculty. Looks like you guys need to step up your game as she transferred here with the highest gpa in the faculty." There were mumbles here and there; Byul was shocked at the extended introduction and she stared at her professor with a "please stop" look. "You may take a seat wherever you'd like." 

Byul scanned the room to see where she could sit and she noticed some familiar faces. The three looked at her with a weird look; it was like they found her familiar as well but didn't know where they had met. It was Tao, Kai and Sehun sitting in the middle row of the lecture room with an empty seat beside them. "It's EXO" she thought to herself and smiled from the encounter. Byul quickly walked over to the middle aisle and stood next to the empty seat, "Can I sit here?" "Huh?" Sehun replied at the surprising question. "Uhm sure." Kai answered instead and smacked Sehun for spacing out. As Byul sat down, the three and the other girls in the classroom looked at her, "is there something wrong?" she asked turning to face them. They shook their heads and quickly turned to face the front; Byul giggled to herself at their reactions. The lecture resumed and ended with a quiz. She found the quiz quite easy since she took her time over the weekend to look over the course materials. After class some of her classmates asked her why she transferred when she's doing so well at Shinhwa. She just answered with shrugs and that she just felt like transferring which some of the students didn't really understand. Still the three EXO members just sat and observed her; she turned to them and asked their names before heading to her next class. "I'm Tao, this is Kai and Sehun" Tao introduced himself and the others. Byul nodded, stood up and walked away. She finally got names for 3 out of 12 members which was a good start and is planning on getting the rest of EXO's names after school. 

"She looks so familiar. Have we met her before?" Sehun asked watching Byul walk out the lecture room. "Not just that, it's like I heard her voice somewhere before." Kai answered scratching his head. "Let's just go, we still have other classes to attend." Tao said and stood up. The three walked to their next class but was still thinking hard of where they had met Byul. Not knowing that the four will be in the same class again, the three walked into their next class and gasped. "Its her again..." Sehun whispered trying to hold in his shock. "What are the chances?" replied Tao. Byul looked up and saw the three and waved in surprise as well. The three decided to sit somewhere else which Byul was disappointed. The three weren't focusing much on the lecture and was still trying to think who Byul is whereas Byul was fully focused on the lecture and took notes diligently. 

After class, the three rushed out the door to find their other members. "Hyung, same place?" Kai asked over the phone, "we need to talk quick." Tao replied on the side. Byul who had observed on the side decided to follow them and found the other members standing around the university's water fountain. It seemed like EXO were pretty popular as everywhere they went, people would greet them with smiles. "Hyung," called Sehun. "What is it that you guys needed to talk so urgently?" Lay asked sitting on the rim of the fountain. "There's this new girl in our classes," Tao started off. "and she looks so familiar, like we've seen her a couple of times." Kai continued. "also, her voice is even familiar... isn't that scary?" Sehun ended. The members laughed, "that's it?" Chanyeol said disappointed. "I thought you were going to say she's so pretty or she's evil looking." Baekhyun replied with a wide smile. "Oh she's pretty alright, she's even smart... sitting at the top at Shinhwa uni in medical science." said Kai. The others were teasing them. "ehh... why would a top student who is doing so well at Shinhwa transfer here, and also in her last year too." D.O stated while the others nodded in union. "It's true!" Tao yelled defending him and his two buddies. Byul walked over, "We meet again, Kai, Tao, Sehun." The three turned around and gasped, "She's here again!" Sehun yelled. The others looked at Byul and their smiling faces disappeared and their mouths slightly opened; they were shocked by her beauty, her long black hair blew in the wind and her smile made their hearts skip a beat. "I'm Han Byul. Nice to meet you all. You must be friends with the three?" she introduced herself. "oh? yeah, we're friends but are considered family." Suho answered after he caught himself from spacing out. Kai leaned over and whispered, "do you believe us now?"