- The Notebook

The White Pearl

"D.O. ah, can you help save the soup? It's a bit bland." Kris said and was a little disapppointed with the taste of the soup he made. "Okay hyung," D.O. replied; D.O. carefully moved Byul and let her fully lay on the couch and took his sweater to cover her just in case she was cold before heading over to help the others cook. Kai, Chen and Baekhyun were in charge of cooking rice; Kris and Luhan were in charge of the soup; Chanyeol, Sehun and Suho were making side dishes; Chen, Tao and Xiumin were helping here and there. The members were busy finishing up dinner while Byul was still sleeping on the couch.

Byul who was sleeping had a dream, a dream of her younger self being in contact with some sort of light energy. Then the dream switched to someone who was a lot older, someone whom Byul has never encountered. However, in the dream the person was writing something in his journal; later ripping it out and going to find someone who seemed familiar. Everything was a blur and she couldn't fully pick out who those people were.

Due to struggling to try to focus and depict who those two people are, EXO who were cooking thought Byul was having a nightmare. Suho stopped what he was doing and quickly walked over to the couch checking on Byul. "Byul ah, Byul." He said quietly and shaking her gently. She slowly opened her eyes and her eyes became focused on Suho who has knelt down in front of her with his hand on her shoulder. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Did you have a nightmare?" Chen asked.

"I don't think it was a nightmare. It was more of seeing the past?" she replied. "The past? Like what?" Kai asked curiously while setting up the table.

"A younger version of me and two adults, in which one seemed familiar" Byul answered and headed over the dinner table with Suho.

"Dinner is almost ready, just waiting for D.O hyung to save the soup that Kris hyung and Luhan hyung tried saving." Sehun said while shivering at the taste he had tasted earlier.

Byul walked over to the soup and took a clean spoon to taste the soup. "How is it?" D.O. asked while the others looked on nervously. Byul smiled, "it's delicious." There were sighs of relief from all over. Just when they were about to eat, Byul's cellphone rang; it was Taeyang. "Oh oppa." she said as she picked up. "Oh Byul ah, are you at Suho's?" Taeyang asked. "Yeah I am. Oppa want to come join us to eat?" Byul replied. "I'm already on my way there. I'll see you in a bit." answered Taeyang. "Is your brother coming?" Tao asked as he ate. "Yeah he's on his way here."

The door bell rang and Luhan went to grab the door while Byul went to get an extra bowl of rice and utensils for her brother. "Hello Luhan," Taeyang greeted and walked inside. "Oppa!" Byul yelled and ran to greet her brother. "How's my dongsaeng feeling?" He asked as he patted her head. "I'm fine" she replied and walked her brother to the dinner table. "Hi Taeyang hyung" the younger members greeted. "Oh, how was your exams?" Taeyang asked as he took a seat. "I don't even want to talk about it." Sehun said sadly. "Wae? Did you mess up?"

"His answers were different from Byul." Chanyeol said. Taeyang laughed, "you never know. What if Byul is the one that's wrong?"

"that would mean Kai and I would be wrong too!" Tao exclaimed making the other members laugh. "That can't happen!" Kai said as he put his spoon down on the table. Everyone resumed to eat dinner before discussing about their plans.

"Oppa, I have something to ask you." Byul said to her brother and all eyes were focused on her. "What is it?" Taeyang turned to look at his sister. "I was sleeping earlier.." Byul started off. "Did you have a dream?" Taeyang stopped eating and placed his bowl down on the table. Byul nodded, "I saw an older man writing something in his notebook." The members listened to her attentively and she continued. "He wrote it, but then I don't know why but he ripped it out of notebook."

The members looked at each other, "this sounds familiar." Baekhyun whispered to Xiumin. "He took the entry and went to find someone. The person he went to find was really familiar looking; however, I couldn't see clearly who they were." Taeyang leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms thinking about what Byul had said. "An entry...seems like I have encountered a ripped entry before too" he thought to himself.

The members also thought about it, "why does this sound so familiar?" Lay asked while looking at s. Luhan's eyes widened, "Suho ah! Your grandpa's notebook!" Luhan yelled and pointed to the secret room. Suho thought about it for a second and it made sense to him, "Let me go grab it" he said and rushed to grab the notebook. He walked out of the secret room with it and sat back down at the table. "Did it look something like this?" Suho asked and handed it over to Byul who was sitting beside him. Byul took the notebook to examine it, but the moment she held the notebook she knew it was the one she saw in her dream. "This is the book I saw." Byul said. The members were shocked at what they heard, "are you sure?" Xiumin asked. "I'm positive, the moment I held onto the book I can sense it is the one I saw." explained Byul.

Taeyang took the book and looked at it; it was an old notebook, the papers were yellow and was held together by brown worn out leather. He flipped through the pages and saw the ripped out page. "Why does this seem so familiar? Like I have seen the missing piece before" He thought to himself.

"Do you know where the ripped page went?" Kris asked. Byul shook her head and answered, "unfortunately I don't. It's like my dream doesn't want me to find out yet." The members sighed in disappointment and seeing this made Byul curious. "Is it something important?" she asked. "Suho hyung's grandpa wrote the notebook and we think the ripped entry has something to do with the White Pearl and it's disappearance." Chanyeol explained.

Taeyang who was thinking hard figured out where he had seen the entry. He has seen it somewhere in the workroom his dad used to use but now it was given to Taeyang when he opened his company. "Guys, I have something to take care of at home. Later if you head out to search, remember to protect Byul." Taeyang said and stood up rushing to go home. "Oppa, is something wrong?" Byul asked seeing her brother rush. "Nothing, it's just I have something important to do for work and need to consult appa. I just forgot until now." Her brother answered. Byul told him to do what he needs to do and that she'll be home after the search. "Oh, Suho ah would you mind if I take this book? I want to see if I can find any hints." Taeyang asked holding the book in his hand. "Yeah you can take it hyung, just don't lose it." Suho gave him permission. "Guys, take care of her for me today." He said and headed for the door. "Don't worry hyung, we will." Sehun said. The members walked Taeyang to the door and saw him drive off before closing the door.

"Let's head out to search after cleaning up the table." Byul suggested. Everyone helped which got things done much quicker and they all headed out.