- Introduction

The White Pearl

--100 years prior---

"We'll be back in 100 years! Until then, you better prepare for the worse!" Chaos yelled as they fled into the distance.

"Hyung! Are you alright?" One Exodus asked grasping his arm as he walked unstably towards Kim Dal (the leader of Exodus).

"I will be okay. Where are the others? Are they okay?" Kim Dal asked as he sat up and groaned in pain. They scanned the area and what surrounded them was just a vast field of smoke and fire.

"Dal hyung! we're over here!" voices can be heard about a few meters away. The smoke was pretty heavy that it was hard to see who was in the distance. Kim Dal and the Exodus members gathered and checked each other worrying about the wounds they had sustained in the battle.

"Hyung..." Another member said in a slight trembling voice. The member pointed into the distance and everyone turned to where he was pointing at. In the distance they can see a faint light that was flickering... all eyes widened in shock, "the tree of life!!" Yelled the 12 members. "I will use my energy to transport all of us there" said the member with the teleportation power. "are you sure you can do it? our powers are limited at the moment, using too much energy will put your life at risk." another one stated. "I can heal you for the moment." said the one with healing powers. "I will fly Dal hyung and some of the others there first. You can transport the rest. Splitting up the work will lessen each of our energy usage." suggested the one with the phoenix power. "Okay, let's do it that way then. We have to hurry. Something is wrong with the tree of life." Kim Dal approved.

Within minutes, the group had arrived at the tree of life. They were shocked by what they are seeing. The tree of life had been split in half due to the impact of the battle, "It must have been damaged when Chaos and us used all our powers to go up against each other at the last moment." Kim Dal said as he staggered to the tree. "Hyung, the White Pearl! It's gone!" The others walked up to the tree and noticed the small hole that contained the White Pearl was now just a plain empty hole. The members were devastated. "The White Pearl is gone, if it's not found in 100 years, the tree and the people who hold our powers at the 100 years mark will die." another member said in sadness. "We cannot hold onto our powers any longer as the tree has harboured our strengths, now that the tree is split in half, we have no choice but to pass the powers onto the next generation and hope they can find the White Pearl." Kim Dal replied. "To think that peace would finally come and our descendants wouldn't have to continue our fight was just a hopeless dream of ours." The others nodded in disappointment.

--------------------

--Today--

Exodus' powers had been passed on from generation to generation and still the White Pearl was no where to be seen. The powers had been passed onto a young group called EXO.

"Remember to not let anyone know who you boys are. You boys are the guardians of this planet, you must find the White Pearl before Chaos does." Was what has been told to each of them by their respective families since they had been born. 

"Suho hyung!" Sehun called out as he entered Suho's home. "hm Sehun ah, what's up?" Suho answered as he walked out of the kitchen. "Hyung, my powers have been improving a lot! I can now control wind whenever I want to!" He replied in excitement. "Shhh... not too loud." Suho said looking around checking to see if anyone was around. "I checked before I came in," Sehun assured his hyung who was also the leader of EXO. "Come and eat, where's the others?" Suho said and placed some food that was freshly made onto the kitchen table. "They're on their way." Sehun sat down at the table and was about to eat when the others came in.

"Sehun ah, you have to wait until us hyungs sit down first." Kris said as he patted Sehun's shoulder. Sehun smiled, "ahh, I forgot. I was so excited to tell you guys about how improved I am that I forgot." "Our youngest is finally able to control his power. Looks like he is able to join us in our missions now." Xiumin said happily and sat down. The others followed.

"Suho ah, today is the day isn't it?" Luhan asked in a calm voice. The atmosphere has now turned serious. Suho nodded, "today is the start of 100 years. We don't know when Chaos will come, so we have to be prepared. As usual, we'll have to go search for the White Pearl tonight." Lay continued, "We only have exactly 12 months left until the 100 year mark is up. If we don't find it this year... our powers will be gone and so will our--" Baekhyun interrupted, "Eh! we'll find it! let's eat and head to school!" trying to lighten the mood.

Breakfast was finished, "Let's head to school" Tao said and the others got up to go to school. Other than Xiumin, Kris and Luhan, the others are still in University. Sehun, Kai and Tao were in their 4th year of University; Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and D.O were in their first year of getting their masters; Suho and Lay are in their final year of getting their masters degree.