- I Will Be Okay Oppa

The White Pearl

The members were back at Suho's house; Byul was laying in Suho's bed and he was beside her taking care of her while the members were getting healed by Lay. Byul was having a nightmare of everything that had happened; it came back to her. "Don't go, oppa." she mumbled. Suho who was holding onto her hand felt a grip and he knew she was having a nightmare. He held her hand to his face as he stared at her with worried eyes. "What are we going to do when she wakes up?" Sehun asked as he walked through the door. "I really don't know." He responded. As Sehun was about to walk back outside, Byul woke up. She slowly opened her eyes, turned her head towards the right. "You're awake?" Suho asked smiling. Sehun rushed over, "You're finally awake." Sehun sighing in relief. "How are you feeling?" Suho asked as he brushed her hair gently away from her face. "I'm okay." Byul replied softly. Sehun walked to the living room, "She's awake." He informed them. Their eyes lit up, happy to hear the news but then realized the worst has yet to come.

"You got me so worried." Suho said gripping his hand as he held hers. "I had a bad dream." She started off, "My oppa." Suho's head dropped. "My oppa, he's okay right?" She asked him. Suho was silent, he couldn't answer her. "Oppa, where is he?" She asked again. "Answer me Suho oppa, he's okay right? He's out there waiting for me right? Why isn't he coming in?" She kept insisting him to answer her. "Byul ah," Suho said holding her hand tight, "Taeyang hyung-ie, is not okay." He finished. Byul bit her lip and rested her left arm over her eyes and started crying, "Where is he?" Byul managed to say it with courage. "At the hospital, we took him there." Suho replied. 

"Take me there." Byul said as she sat up and got out of bed. She's been tied up for a few days and was weak hence she toppled over. Suho caught her in time before she fell to the floor. "Byul ah, we can go when you're recovered." He suggested. Byul shook her head, "I need to go see him now. I want to see him!" The members who were sitting in the living room heard her; defeated by her will of wanting to go, they couldn't do anything but let her go. "We'll go with you." The others said and everyone went to the hospital where Taeyang was staying. 

At the hospital, outside the room, the doctor said Taeyang is "currently in a coma after suffering internal wounds. He is currently still in critical condition even after the surgery." Byul and the members bowed as the doctor left. She stood outside the door with her hand on the handle; she closed her eyes as she hoped that when she pushed the door open, her brother would be sitting up and smiling at her like he always had been. She breathed out and gathered the courage to open the door. She walked in slowly and saw him lying on the bed with an oxygen masked and hooked up to the monitor. Byul sat down next to the bed and placed her hand on top of her brother's. "Oppa, you'll wake up right? You wouldn't leave me right?" Byul asked. "You promised me. Dad and grandpa are gone, if you leave me too; what am I going to do?" She spoke softly with tears rolling down her cheeks. The members walked in and surrounded the bed. "Hyung, you have to get better." They said. Byul wiped her tears and smiled, "Oppa, I won't cry. I'll take care of myself; you have to hang in there. When all of this is over, you'll wake up with nothing to worry." The members were surprised at how fast Byul pulled herself together.

Throughout the day, Byul spent it by Taeyang's side. The members took turns sleeping, buying food and keeping and eye on both Byul and Taeyang. Nothing much happened, Taeyang was still in a coma and Byul gained her strength back. After spending around two days at the hospital, Byul finally went home that night. The members went back to Suho's house while Suho decided to stay with Byul even though she insisted he goes home. Entering her house, Byul slowly walked around; flashbacks of when her dad was in the kitchen cooking dinner, her grandpa in the living room drinking tea and her brother in the workroom reading some documents. However, it was now just a dark and empty house. She ran her hand on the empty kitchen table where there used to be so much laughter; she smiled back at the time but then her smiled faded away when she realized it was no longer there.

Suho noticed Byul was reminded of her family and he understood what she was going through. At such an age, she was going through something that others her age wouldn't want to experience. He walked over and placed his hand over hers, "It's my fault." he apologized. She shook her head and said it wasn't, she moved her hand from his grip, "I'm going to go take a shower" and turned to walk upstairs. As Byul headed upstairs, he placed his hand on her shoulder. Byul knew he was worried about her, but assured him she was fine by smiling and patting his hand that was on her shoulder. "You should also take a shower, there's another bathroom on the main floor. You can wear my brother's clothes for now." Suho nodded with a smile.

Byul took a longer shower than Suho hence he made some dinner for her. She came down to the kitchen with her hair still wet, "Oppa, what are you doing?" She asked. He turned and looked at her, "making dinner. We haven't ate yet." He answered reminding her that they still haven't ate dinner. She walked over and looked at what he was making, it was fried rice with anything that was in the fridge. "Is it good?" He asked as he let her taste some; she nodded with a smile. "Let's eat." Suho replied and placed two bowls onto the table. The two ate without talking much, until he brought up what D.O. and Sehun had told him. "Why didn't you tell me the truth behind your powers?" he asked. She looked at him and back down at her bowl of rice, "I didn't want to, you might turn into my brother. Rather have me run away to save my life than let me do what I must do." She replied seriously, "There's also no definite answer to what may happen when all of this is over." The sentence made Suho stop eating, he knew what she meant but tried to stay positive, "There's always a way." he replied. They finished eating and Byul went to do the dishes while Suho helped mopped the floors. "Byul ah, you should go dry your hair. You just got better, what if you caught a cold?" He instructed fearing she might get sick again when she just recovered. Byul listened to him and went to go dry her hair after she was done the dishes.

She walked out to the porch looking at the stars in the dark sky; carried away from her thoughts she didn't notice Suho was walking up to her. He gently put his arm around her waist, giving her a back hug. She was surprised but smiled; it was a while since the two had been together, "You scared me." Suho looked at the sky with her, "What are you thinking about?" he asked curious about her thoughts. She placed her hands on Suho's, "I'm just thinking, if one day I had to leave, would you be okay if I'm not beside you?" Suho hugged her tighter, placed his chin on her right shoulder and answered, "I don't want to think that." "Promise me, you'll live happily even if I'm not around." She said. He closed his eyes not wanting to think about what it would be like without her. "you will right?" she insisted him to promise her. He nodded, "I promise. You also have to promise me you'll live." Byul wasn't sure if she would live but promised Suho anyways. The two stood out on the porch for a while before heading back inside.

Suho was tired from being in the hospital for a couple of days and fell asleep on couch. Byul gave a small smile and went to grab a blanket from her brother's room. She gently placed it over him scared she might wake him up; she looked at him and gently touched his face, "It's been awhile since we've been like this." she whispered. She moved her hand away and was about to walk upstairs to head to bed when Suho grabbed her hand. Before she could react, he pulled her onto the couch and into his embrace. They were now both laying on the couch, with Suho hugging her. She turned to look at Suho to see if he was awake or asleep. "Don't go, stay with me." He whispered to her. She couldn't tell if he was awake or asleep and was about to get up again but he tightenedd his grip. "Stay with me, Byul ah." He said and opened his eyes. Byul looked into his eyes and he said, "I love you." Byul smiled and whispered, "me too." Suho smiled and slowly leaned in, their lips touched. The two longed for each other but couldn't be together as misunderstandings and their own selfishness kept them apart. When they pulled a part, he smiled and pulled her closer to him. He leaned in again and continued to kiss her passionately.