- I Can't Leave

The White Pearl

Byul entered her home and saw her brother, dad and grandpa sitting in the living room waiting for her. She can feel the intense atmosphere and knew something was wrong. Her brother who was sitting on the couch with a serious expression looked up at her, "Come sit down Byul, we need to talk."

She headed over to the couch and sat beside her dad, across from her brother. She has rarely seen him so serious, the last time he looked serious was when she transferred schools.

"ahh what's wrong? why is the aura so heavy here?" Byul asked in a happy voice trying to ease things.

"I want you to stop seeing EXO." Taeyang said.

"What?" Byul exclaimed in shock by the sudden change. Just earlier he was happily eating at Suho's house and talking with the members and all of a sudden he's telling her to stop seeing EXO. "Why are you like this all of a sudden?" She asked.

"Don't ask why and just listen to me." replied Taeyang in a demanding voice. Byul looked over at dad and grandpa who sat there silently, "Appa, grandpa, you knew I was seeing EXO?"

The two nodded, "We just found out."

"Oppa, if this is because Chaos has been showing up often and you're worried about my safety then I can understand where you're coming from. However, you've been with me for the last three months, I rarely get into trouble. You should know that I can protect myself." Byul explained herself.

"Protect yourself? What about this afternoon? You were hurt weren't you?" Taeyang asked and Byul's eyes widened at how he found out.

"H-how...did you know?" asked Byul diverting her eyes onto the floor.

"I have never told you, but since you and I are connected with our powers, once you get hurt I can sense it." explained Taeyang.

"But I'm okay! Look at me. I'm perfectly fine." She tried convincing her brother. "Appa, you said you'd support me. You too grandpa." Byul said as she grabbed her dad's arm hoping he'll say something.

"We did say that, but I think this time... you should listen to your brother." Grandpa said in defeat. Byul let go of her dad's arm and stood up. "I won't leave them. No I can't leave them." She said and left for her room.

Taeyang followed her and she closed the door before he could enter her room. "Byul ah," He called out and opened her door. She was sitting at her desk in deep thought.

"Why are you suddenly like this oppa? I just don't understand. One day you're all are fine with everything I do, the next you're all against it." Byul said not understanding why things were all of sudden this way. Taeyang felt bad, but he just wants the best for his sister. He walked to her and turned her chair facing him as he knelt down.

"One day you'll understand why. I just don't want anything to happen to you." He explained. Byul looked at her brother, "oppa, I want to be alone." she said and asked him to leave her room. Taeyang stood up and walked out the door.

As Byul was thinking about what happened earlier, Suho texted her.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"I'm confused at the moment." She texted back.

EXO went home earlier than usual and Suho texted Byul right after he got home. He read her text and called her.

"Oh Suho oppa." Byul picked up.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just need to think about something thoroughly." She replied not wanting to let Suho know her situation. "Did anything happen when I left?"

"Well we did fight some enemies here and there but nothing about the White Pearl. Did your brother find anything about the journal?" Suho answered.

"That's right... the journal..." She mumbled to herself.

"hmm?" Suho asked confused.

"Suho oppa, I think I need to find figure something out. I'll see you tomorrow." Byul replied and hung up before Suho could say anything.

"Hello? Byul?" He said but the line was dead.

Byul sat back on her chair, "It must be something about the journal. Otherwise, why would oppa change all of a sudden?" She thought. She decided to ask her brother tomorrow morning about the journal. At the moment she was just processing everything her brother told her.