- The Last Day

The White Pearl

---Flashback---

Byul was laying unconscious on the ground near the White Pearl. "Byul ah," the pearl's energy called out to her. "It's been hard on you. The power that you have held  through all these years is now back with the pearl. You are suffering from internal bleeding, you know what will happen now right?" It asked her. "I can't stay?" Byul asked. "You're body is slowly losing energy. It's going to be tough on you if you try hanging on." It told her. "What if I go back for a couple of days? Just a couple of days." asked Byul. "Your body and soul can only hold on for 5 days. On the 5th day, it will be really hard on you." It answered her. "I want to go back, even if its just a couple of days...I have to say goodbye. Can you please stop my internal bleeding until then?" She pleaded. There was silence, "Is that what you really want? Its going to hurt on the last day." It responded. "Please, this is my last request." The pearl helped bring her back and stopped her bleeding temporarily. When she opened her eyes, she saw Suho holding her and the members beside her. "Even if it's just one day... i'm willing." she thought to herself.

Time has flown by fairly quickly and it is now the 4th day. The members were free from their worries; after years of carrying on their ancestors' duties, they were now able to relax. Taeyang was back home with Byul and was happy to see his sister doing fine. Everyone had been hanging out with each other like before; joking around, watching movies, going out for ice cream and was just being carefree. Everyone thought they were back to normal, little did they know Byul had a secret kept to herself; something that would change the way things were.

It was in the afternoon and the members were trying to help Byul make lunch. Taeyang walked over but Kris and Xiumin told him to sit back down on the couch, "buddy, you just got revived... just sit and enjoy and let the younger ones do it." Kris said as he, Xiumin, and Luhan were sitting on the couch. The younger ones were cooking chicken but as they were cooking, they have been nibbling on the side. "Yah stop eating." D.O. said as he slapped Kai's and Sehun's hand. The two chuckled and replied "We're just hungry." Kai and Sehun explained. "Just hold on for a little bit longer. The food will be ready shortly." D.O. replied. Byul who was holding a bowl of veggies was going to wash them but her hand lost strength and the bowl slipped out of her hand. Sehun and Tao bent down to pick up the veggies as Byul stood there looking at her hands. "Are you okay?" Sehun asked. "Oh? oh i'm fine." She said smiling. "Must have shocked you." Tao said as he took the bowl to clean it. Soon lunch was ready, everyone gathered around the table to eat. There were praises of how well and tasty the food was made. Since everyone was hungry, none of the food was leftover. "What should we do today?" Chen asked as he leaned back in his chair. Byul ran to her room and grabbed a piece of paper with a list of things she wanted to do. "What's that?" Chanyeol asked. "List of things I wanted to. We've already done somethings already. These are what I want to do today." Byul replied with a huge smile. Suho and Taeyang leaned over to look at what was written. "Thats a lot of things to do in one day." Suho stated. "Half our day is gone. I don't think we can go through it all." Taeyang added. "What's written?" Luhan asked. "There's amusement park, arcade, watching the sunset, late night dinner at the beach, staying up all night to talk, making lunch together, etc." Taeyang replied reading a few things he saw off the list. "That is a lot. Hmm.. we won't be able to do everything today. We can do amusement park or arcade, we can eat dinner while watching the sunset." Kris said putting things together. "But I want to do everything today. It has to be today." Byul said pouting. "Byul ah, we can do the rest tomorrow." Suho said. Byul nodded in agreement; although she wanted to do everything today. 

After cleaning up the dishes the members took Byul to the amusement park. It was busy and many people were out to play. "I haven't been here in forever!" Byul shouted in excitement. "I want to go on the Viking!" Byul said pointing to the ride. The members gave a small laugh, "o-okay" They said nervously. As they got on the ride Byul was the only one excited and the rest were nervous. They didn't like the feeling of going on that ride. The ride started and Byul was screaming in excitement. Half way through the members were heard yelling "Stop!!! Ahhh!! This is so scary!!!" Suho grabbed onto Byul's hand and screamed in fear. Byul took out her camera that she prepared and turned to take photos and selfies with the members. After getting off the ride, the members were holding their stomachs, "ahh i don't feel good." some said. "what? we just got started! There's more... let's go on the rollarcoaster!" Byul yelled. The members laughed in disbelief but because it was what Byul wanted, they went with her. After a couple of rides, the members said to just walk around a little bit before continuing. They stopped by a store that sold cute animal headbands. "This is so cute" Byul exclaimed as she picked up one with a bow. "I'll buy you all one." Byul offered. She gave a cat to Xiumin, giraffe to Kris, deer to Luhan, bunny to Suho, lamb to Lay, dinosaur to Chen, tiger to Chanyeol, squirrel to Baekhyun, penguin to D.O, panda to Tao, bear to Kai, wolf to Sehun, and a dog to her brother. She paid for all of them even though they told her not to; she then took pictures with each of them and together as a group.

It was time for dinner, they stopped by a restaurant to order some food before heading over to the beach. This time, they made it to the beach on time before the sun started to set. As they were eating, Byul kept taking photos and it made them wonder why she has been taking a lot of photos lately. "Byul ah, you rarely took photos back then, why are you taking so many these days?" Taeyang asked as he stuffed a rice cake into his mouth. "I figured, photos carries lots of memories. So if one day anyone wants to look back at these times, they can." Byul replied as she looked at the photos. "Here eat this." Suho said as he gave her a piece of fish cakes. "The sun is setting!" Sehun yelled. Byul ran towards the sea and watched the sunset. The members rushed over and stood beside her in a line. "Wah!!" They exclaimed, "its so pretty!" Suho gave Byul a back hug as they were watching the sunset with his left hand holding her left hand. The rings were now on their fingers. The members all put their arms around each others' shoulders smiling at how pretty the scenery was. It was a moment none of them would want to forget.

The night fell and they were back at Byul and Taeyang's house. "Would you guys like to sleep over?" Byul asked. The members were shocked at her request; same with her brother. "You wouldn't mind us?" Kai asked. "You know, it's okay if its once in a while. You guys all sleep down here." Byul replied pointing to the living room and the rooms that were located on the main floor. The members looked at each other, "uhm..." said Kris, "that's.." Luhan added. "a bit..." Lay said staring at Baekhyun. "Why not!?" Baekhyun yelled with his hands up in the air. "We're warning you first, we take up a lot of space!" Tao said bouncing his legs up and down. Byul laughed and said, "That's your guys' problem. I'm gonna be sleeping there!" She said pointing to her dad's room. The members all gathered to watch a movie before heading to bed and again Byul was still taking photos of the members and of course a bunch of selfies. They talked after the movie and Byul let out something strange, "There is a list of things I want to do, but I also have a list of things I want you guys to do without me." She said. The members looked at her with a weird look. "Why would you write a list for us?" Chen asked. "It's for you guys to enjoy yourselves." Byul replied. "And what if we want to do it with you?" Lay asked. "You can't do it with me." She answered. Her brother looked at her with a strange look. "What's wrong Byul?" He asked her. She hit him lightly and said nothing was wrong but her brother wasn't buying her answer. "The list I wrote is placed on the tree of life. Go there when I'm not around." She instructed. The members looked at each other with curious looks. "Is this some kind of scavenger hunt?" Sehun asked. "You can call it that if you want." Smiled Byul. After a long talk, the members and Taeyang fell asleep in the living room and her grandpa's room. Byul and Suho were spending their time together sitting with her head leaning on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around her. He asked her why she was acting strange but she said that after everything, she felt like they had no memories together. "When we graduate, let's get married." He said all of a sudden as he looked at their rings. Byul smiled faintly and didn't answer but tears were forming. "Byul?" He asked after he did not hearing her say anything. "Are you sure you want to marry me?" She whispered. He stopped and she lifted her head. They looked at each other and Suho noticed her watery eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked worried. "I'm just happy." She smiled but behind that smile she was sad. He smiled at her, "Aigo~ of course I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever even in our next lives." He said cupping her cheek. "Even in our next lives, we'll find each other." Byul said. Suho nodded and smiled, "even in the next life I'll find you." He leaned in and kissed her. She fell asleep after a while and Suho had to carry her and tuck her into bed. He went back out to the living room to find a spot to sleep. 

Halfway through the night, Byul got up and walked around the living room. The members were scattered on the floor sleeping soundly. Tao was right, they took up a lot of space and she could barely move around. She smiled as she saw them sleeping in weird positions. She tucked in those who kicked the blanket away. She spotted Suho and bent down giving him a peck on the cheek. She went to her grandpa's room and tucked the older ones in. She sat down next to her brother and stared at him with happy yet sad eyes. "Thank you oppa for coming back to me again. Please live happily; that's my wish. I love you." She said with tears rolling down her cheeks. Byul wiped her cheeks and walked back out, closing the door behind her; she left the house for a while and came back to sleep.

Byul woke up really early in the morning and looked at the calender that was set on her grandpa's night stand beside the bed and realized time had approached her, she gave a faint smile. "It has come." She whispered to herself as she rubbed her finger across the date. Byul went out to wash up and start cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for the members. She tried to make less noise as she didn't want to wake them up; but since they stayed up pretty late they were in a deep sleep. Byul cooked everything she knew how to make; she made enough to last the whole day. As she was finishing up the dinner portion, one by one woke up. Luhan walked out of the room and asked, "What's with all this food?" "It's for the whole day today." She responded. He was amazed at the amount of food. "Is it a special day?" Xiumin chimmed in behind Luhan. "Nah, it's been a while since I cooked for everyone." She smiled. "Go wash up, breakfast is done." Byul said. One by one woke up and went to wash up; Byul set the table and when D.O and Chen offered to help her, she refused to let them help. Everyone sat down at the table and just stared at the food. "All of this was made by you?" Chanyeol asked in awe. Byul nodded. "That's my sister." Taeyang said proudly. "Let's dig in." Byul said as she took her seat. While they were eating, Byul said she wanted to go to the beach again. "Why? we just went yesterday." Kai asked. "I like it there. I want to go." She replied. "There's stuff you wanted to do today isn't there?" Baekhyun asked. Byul shook her head, "I want you all to come with me to some of these places and then let's just chill at the beach for one more day." They didn't think about it much and just did what Byul wanted. "Will we be eating there again too?" They asked. Byul pointed to all the food she had packed, "everything's ready."

After breakfast, the members chilled at home for a bit and decided to head out a little after lunch. They baked some desserts and it was the first time they messed up real hard; a cake that didn't look like a cake. However, because they all made it together they were still satisfied. Everyone was in a mess after baking as they had a small icing fight and had to shower before heading out. Byul wanted to take a walk and the first place they went was the convenient store her brother and her used to go to to get some ice cream. Then they walked to the park, "remember this place?" She asked them. "This was where we first met!" Tao yelled. "Oh man back then, we didn't know what to think. You guys had your powers that we didn't know existed." Kris said. "We were novices and were scared." Luhan stated and the members nodded. "That's also the time where the White Pearl was right next to us and we didn't even know." Chen said laughing at their skills; everyone chuckled. Then they went to Suho's house, "this was where I first showed myself to you." Byul said happily. "Yeah at that time, you used your powers in public!" Xiumin said. "She did what?!" Her brother asked putting his hands on his hips and stared at his sister. "Next stop!" Byul said and ran towards the pasta shop where they went to eat. They went down memory lane thanks to Byul and each location held a special meaning to them. They had been together for months and their bond was stronger than ever. "It's nice to come back to these places." The members said. "It was tough... we had such a big duty." Suho said sighing in relief that everything was now over, "Final location should be your wedding venue." Lay teased as they walked to the beach. Suho blushed but Byul had a different expression. "Nah nah... after that is the bedroom." The members teased. "Yah!" Suho yelled. "Yah?! to your hyungs?" Luhan asked teasingly.