- I Still Love You

The White Pearl

Byul had lost her dad and grandpa for three weeks now. A new semester had started, Byul walked to university alone the morning on the first day back. Kai, Tao and Sehun waved to Byul with a smile, suggesting she should continue to sit with them just like how things used to be. Kai, Sehun and Tao watched her as she made her way to the back of the room and sat down without a word. She's been out of it since the incident and hasn't been talking to anyone.

Regardless of how she's feeling, Byul still tried hard in class. She wanted to at least keep good grades for her dad who has been always proud of her for being at top all the time. The entire class, she did not say one word leaving Kai, Tao and Sehun a little worried. Taeyang had been keeping the EXO members updated on Byul's state since they would always call and text him. 

After class the members again waited at the usual spot, "Hyungs, she didn't say a word in class today." Kai reported as soon as he met up with the others. 

"She seems like a lost child. We waved to her when she got to class but she didn't wave back and sat alone." Tao added. 

"I've been trying to talk to her but she's not responding." D.O stated. "You've been trying to talk to her? I have also tried contacting her." Suho said while looking at D.O with a suspicious face. D.O nodded while eyeing Suho, at this moment, it seems Suho has caught on and knew that D.O. has feelings for Byul.

"Let's just wait until Byul gets here." Chanyeol said while scanning the area. "Do you think she'll even come by? She hasn't been talking to any of us..." said Baekhyun in a sad voice. "I miss her...she's here yet so far." Sehun said sighing. 

"At times I would constantly be reminded how we were months before Yoona showed up. We said we'd promise to trust her but then turned our backs when she begged us to believe her" Chen responded. 

"That's why D.O hyung and I tried convincing all of you that you were all blinded but ignored us instead of finding out what was true." Sehun replied. The members were blaming themselves that they were the cause of all of this and we're pained to see Byul in her current state. 

They spotted Byul heading over to them and were happy to see her, they all smiled and waved as they called her name. Byul had a blank expression and walked past them as if she didn't see them. Suho grabbed her wrist and stopped her, "Byul ah." he called her. Byul looked at the ground first and turned to look at Suho.

"going to say you're sorry again?" Byul replied. The members nodded; they have been texting 'I'm sorry' or 'it's our fault'. Byul removed her wrist from Suho's hand and looked at all of them. "Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault. It was mine to begin with." She said.

"No Byul, it was ours; if in the beginning we trusted you like we promised we would. Maybe things would have turned out differently." Lay responded back. Byul gave  a short smile, "Did you really think that would change everything?" Byul asked leaving the members confused.

"Even if you had trusted me, I would still have been their target." Byul continued.

"Byul ah, forgive us uh? We really want you to come back to us." Kai said.

In Byul's back of her mind she really does want to go back to them, but she knew if she does someone's going to get hurt. Byul held back and replied coldly, "There's nothing for me to forgive as it wasn't your fault. From that day I said I wasn't going to join you anymore, was the day our relationship changed from being friends to acquaintances." The members hurt expression could be clearly seen. D.O. and Sehun however knew why she was doing it, they too were hurt but understood where she was coming from. The two wanted to say something, but they had promised Taeyang to keep quiet.

"Byul ah," Taeyang called as he ran up to her. "You're hanging out with them today?" Taeyang asked in a happy voice, he wanted his sister to start being the way she was before.

Byul shook her head, "No oppa, I was about to head home." Taeyang was a little disappointed.

"I promised I would help you whenever you needed me. Even if it costs my life I still would fulfill my promise." Byul stated and walked away.

Suho closed his eyes and had a pained expression, Taeyang could see Suho still loved Byul. He patted Suho on the shoulder and ran after Byul.

At Suho's house, everyone was quiet. "Did you see Byul today?" Luhan asked. The members nodded, "she doesn't want to come back to us." Tao answered.

"She said she'll help us as acquaintances and will fulfill her duty." Sehun added.

"Is she still mad at us?" Kris asked disappointed; he was hoping he would be able to see Byul just like how she would join them for breakfast and dinner all the time.

The members shook their heads, "she said we didn't do anything that she needs to forgive." Chen answered. Suho got up and headed towards the door, "Where are you going hyung?" Chanyeol asked. "I need to see Byul." Suho answered and left the house.

Suho drove to Byul's house and when he reached her house, he called her cellphone. Byul who was in her room writing her notes looked at her phone which was vibrating on her desk. She picked up, "What's wrong? Why are you calling me?" Byul replied coldly. "I'm in front of your house, can you come out and talk for a bit?" Suho said and got out of his car and stood outside the gate. "I am busy at the moment." Byul responded.

"Byul ah, I can wait. I'll wait until you're free, even if I have to wait all night." said Suho. "Do what you want. I'm hanging up now." Byul replied and hung up leaving Suho hanging.

An hour had passed, Byul glanced outside her window and Suho was still standing there; he was determined to see her. An hour turned to 2...3...4 hours and still Suho was standing outside her door waiting. Byul wanted to go out there to see him, but she held herself back. Then it started raining and Suho stood outside in the rain. Byul who was in her room heard the rain and looked outside. She watched him as he was soaked standing in the rain, seeing that Byul couldn't just stand and watch thus she brought her umbrella and went outside.

She opened the gate of her front door and walked out, "Byul ah!" Suho said happily. Byul walked over and covered him from the rain with her umbrella, "Babo oppa, why didn't you just go? standing in the rain wouldn't do anything good for you." Byul said. "Standing in the rain was worth it. You're here in front of me." replied Suho.

"Go home, this isn't a place you should be at." Byul responded. She gave him her umbrella and turned her back and headed inside the house. Suho dropped the umbrella and stopped Byul from leaving by hugging her from behind. "Byul ah, don't leave." he said as he hugged her. "Let me go." said Byul. The two were soaked as the rain kept pouring down on them.

"I still love you, from the moment I confessed to you; I have never stopped loving you. The day you broke up with me, I was hurt from that point on. Please give me another chance." Suho said in tears. Byul's tears was also flowing but she rejected, "We were never meant to be together. It was a mistake we both made in the beginning."

"I love you, you still love me too right?" Suho asked. Byul closed her eyes and bit her lip before saying, "Why does that matter now? you shouldn't love me, whoever loves me will have to pay the price later."

"I don't care, even if it costs me my life I still want to be with you." Suho stated with tears running down his face.

Byul broke from his hug and turned to face him, "Why don't you understand?! My life is already so short! its not worth it for you to lose your life for someone like me!"

"What do you mean?" Suho asked confused. "Just go." Byul answered and ran back inside the house closing the door behind her. Both were in tears and crying because their heart hurted so much.

Suho dragged himself to his car, every step he took was so heavy, he got inside his car and drove home while Byul watched him from her living room window secretly. "I'm sorry oppa," She whispered as tears rolled down her face.