- Transferring University

The White Pearl

Han Byul stood outside of her university's enrollment office scanning her "request for a transfer" documents. "I don't know why I am doing this, but this is what my inner thoughts are telling me to do," she thought to herself. After a while of standing outside, she pushed the door open and handed the secretary her documents. 

"Since, it's just the start of the year, you're documents will be looked over by both our university and Wook university. The earliest is Friday, the latest would be the end of next week." The secretary told Byul. "ah, okay. Thank you." Byul bowed politely and walked to class.

"Byul!" Hae Jin and Yuna yelled as Byul walked through the lecture room door. Byul waved and walked to sit down next to them taking out her laptop and notebooks. 

"Hey Byul," Those who walked through the door greeted her as usual. Byul was a pretty popular student at school and was respected by many. Her older brother graduated with top grades in his faculty, Medical Science; she didn't fall too far behind her brother as well enrolling in the same faculty as her brother and keeping top grades. She is smart, pretty and kindhearted.

"Guys, I'm transferring to a different university"  Byul said as she browsed through her notes. "What? When did you decide this?" Yuna asked in shocked. "I handed in my papers already. It was a last minute thing." Byul answered. "You decide on it like it's nothing." Haejin replied.

"Did your oppa allow you to do that?" a classmate, Seojoon asked overhearing the conversation. Byul turned around with a smile, "Well, I did tell him this morning when he woke me up; however, he changed topics..."

"So you're saying, you decided on your own? Usually you would listen to everything your oppa says." another classmate, Wooyoung, chimed in. "I have been following my oppa's footsteps ever since I was young. Steering away a little bit shouldn't be so bad. Changing schools isn't such a big deal, we're all graduating this year anyways, its just I'll be graduating at Wook University and you guys will be graduating here." Byul replied.

The others were disappointed that Byul had decided on something so big without discussing it with her friends and classmates. "Why did you suddenly decide to switch universities?" Yuna asked. Byul smiled slightly and quietly said, "That's what I want to find out too." Her friends looked at each other with confused exchanges. The professor walked in and class lecture had began. 

Class ended at 3pm for Byul. "Oppa, I'm done. You can come pick me up now." She called her brother. "oh Byul ah, I'll be there soon." Taeyang hung up. "I need to go pick up my dongsaeng. I will be back for the meeting at 5pm." Taeyang told his secretary, Park Eunsang. "Yes Mr. Han." 

In the car, Han Byul was pondering whether she should tell her brother about submitting her transfer documents. "Oppa," she said quietly. "hmm?" Taeyang heard her and replied. "I..." She said quietly. "What is it my lovely dongsaeng?" He said with a smile. "nevermind, I forgot" she replied thinking she would ruin her brother's mood as she knows her brother wouldn't approve from his reaction that morning. Taeyang lightly flicked her head, "you are still young, already forgetful?" Han Byul and Taeyang laughed together, a scene that often happens when the two are together.