- Tell Me The Truth

The White Pearl

Throughout the night, Byul couldn't fall asleep and what kept her up wasn't solely based on her brother's opposition, but also because she was texting Suho and D.O. who both were not asleep and each had initiated a conversation with her.

While texting each other, Suho and D.O had asked the same question.

"Do you perhaps like someone?" Both D.O and Suho asked via text. "What is this?" Byul thought amazed at how the two could ask the same question and at the same time. "Suho oppa, are you with D.O oppa?" she texted Suho. "D.O. oppa are you with Suho oppa?" she texted D.O.

D.O who was at his house was confused and Suho who was in his home was also confused. Both answered, "No." "I'm at home, we're not sleeping over at Suho hyung's house today. Why?" D.O replied. "The kids are at their own houses, I'm at my house. Why do you ask?" Suho texted back.

"That's weird, you two basically asked the exact same question at the exact same time.." She texted both of them.

Suho thought, "could it possibly be D.O has developed feelings for Byul like I have?"

D.O laid on his bed, "Suho hyung also likes Byul?"

Byul thought about the question Suho and D.O had asked her, "Do I like someone?" she thought long and hard.

"I do like someone. My heart does flutter when I see a particular person." She texted and answered both of them and smiled at the thought of that person.

Although the two asked who that person was, Byul said she needed to sort things out first before she can give them a definite answer. The three ended their conversation and all fell asleep.

Since Byul stayed up late last night talking to Suho and D.O., she slept until the afternoon. Even though her grandpa called her to wake up she decided to sleep in a little longer because she was so tired. 

She woke up and headed downstairs and remembered what she wanted to ask her brother. Taeyang left for work in the morning before she woke up thus she would have to wait until the evening. She checked the time, "Oh gosh, I'm late. I was suppose to meet EXO." she said to herself and rushed to get ready.

"Where are you heading off to?" Her dad asked seeing her rushing to leave the house. "I have plans today." Byul replied.

"with EXO?" grandpa asked sitting on the couch reading a newspaper.

"yeah." Byul answered quietly.

"Does Taeyang know?" Grandpa asked. "Oppa doesn't know. I will tell him later." Byul said and headed for the door.

"You know your brother is being serious this time. I hope you listen to him." Dad warned.

"Appa, I've never been so happy before. I actually have people who I can talk with since they are basically like me...human with powers." Byul replied making grandpa and her dad think about what she said. "I'll be home early." and she left.

Byul and EXO decided to grab a late lunch outside instead of eating at home. They entered a pasta restaurant that had advertised 50% off pasta dishes and they decided to try it. To their surprise when they entered the restaurant was that the area was full with people from both Wook and Shinhwa university.

"Byul!" Haejin yelled and waved excitedly. "Haejin ah!" Byul yelled and ran over to their table leaving EXO standing at the door waiting to be seated. Byul hugged her old friends. "Yah! what have you been up to that you rarely hang out with us anymore?" Yuna asked; since Byul have been with EXO almost everyday, she hasn't had time to hang out with her old university friends. Wooyoung and Seojoon who arrived a bit late saw Byul and ran up to her. "Byul ah! I missed you!" They said and each gave her a hug.

"What is he doing?" Chanyeol asked in a upset voice.

"Won't they let go of her?" D.O. said as the group observed in a protective way.

"Why are you here today?" Seojoon asked. "Oh I'm with those guys." Byul answered and pointed to EXO. "Oh my gosh! they are so handsome! who are they?" Yuna asked. "Just Wook university students I met and befriended. They are pretty popular at school... I've been yelled at a lot for hanging around them" Byul sighed. "Ehh... why would they? you are like perfect in everyway." Haejin replied and Wooyoung nodded in agreement. "Trust me... I have my flaws." said Byul.

Byul looked over and EXO was being led to their table, "I got to go now. I'll talk to you later." She waved goodbye to her friends and headed to the table where EXO were seated.

"Who are they?" Suho asked. "Oh just my friends from Shinhwa Uni." Byul replied. "Did they have to hug you like that?" Chanyeol asked jealously making Suho and D.O stare at him wondering if he, too, had any feelings for Byul. "It was just a friendly hug. Nothing more." Byul answered.

"Come sit here Byul." Kai and Sehun said and Byul came and sat in the seat that was between them. "What do you want to eat?" Chen asked as he was browsing through the menu. "I'll have this," said Luhan. "I get this." Kris pointed to the picture. "I'll get this too." said Lay. Each chose their own dishes and Byul chose just simple Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta.

D.O and Suho were observing Byul trying to see if they can find out who she likes, both hoping the one she liked was them. After a late lunch they decided to go take a stroll in the park as well as secretly search around.

All were joking around as they strolled through the park. "Byul ah! come over here." Sehun called and Byul ran over interested in what he was doing. Right when she got to where Sehun was, Sehun took some water from a water fountain and sprayed it on her. "Yah~! Oh Sehun! You're gonna get it!" Byul yelled and handed her bag to Suho to hold for her.

She chased Sehun down and soon enough Kai, Tao, Kris, Luhan, Lay, Chanyeol and Baekhyun joined into the water fight. The others were watching smiling at the scene. Suho who was holding onto Byul's bag heard Byul's cellphone ringing and checked out who was calling. "My Taeyang Oppa" was the ID and he decided to pick up for Byul who was too busy playing around with the others. 

"Byul ah, where are you?" a stern voice said right when Suho picked up. 

"Oh Taeyang hyung, it's Suho." Suho replied. 

"Suho? Is Byul with you right now?" Taeyang asked while driving. He had called Byul through his car bluetooth. 

"Yes she is, we're at the park." Suho answered.

"Which park?" Taeyang asked and parked to the side of the road.

"Sangdo Park. Near Shinhwa unversity." Suho said looking around confirming if what he had just given was the right place.

"I'm coming to pick her up. Keep her there, I'm about 5 mins away." Taeyang said and hung up. Suho hung up but thought something was wrong, usually Taeyang wouldn't talk in such a stern voice; today he was different making Suho wonder if he was mad.

Within 5 minutes Taeyang was parked near the park and was walking over. Byul saw her brother and was surprised, "oppa!" she exclaimed.

"What did I tell you not to do yesterday? You don't take my words seriously do you?" Taeyang said pretty upset as he walked over and not greeting EXO like usually does.

"How did you know I was here?" Byul asked.

"I called you and Suho picked up." Taeyang replied. "Come with me young lady." He said and grabbed Byul's wrist.

"I don't want to." Byul rejected and pulled her wrist away loosening the grip.

"This won't do, you used to listen to me but now you're doing things on your own." Taeyang said and placed his hands on his hips staring at his sister standing in front of him with tears forming.

"I just don't get it! You may be right that I changed but you know why! It's not like I can hide my inner thoughts and ignore everything! You also changed! Oppa.... tell me the truth, tell me why I have to stop seeing them!" Byul yelled tears flowing down her cheeks and she pointed to EXO standing behind her clueless and not knowing what to do about Byul's sudden emotional outburst.

Taeyang seeing his sister's tears hurts him more than anything.  Because Byul is becoming stubborn and demands answers, he has no choice but to tell her the truth. "If I tell you, will you leave them?" He asked her. "It's my choice whether I leave or not, oppa I'm not a kid anymore. I know you want the best for me, but sometimes you need to let things take its course." Byul answered wiping her tears.

"Let's go and I'll tell you everything." Taeyang gave in. Byul turned to Suho and he looked at her worried; she took her things and went home with her brother.

As the members watched the two leave, they had so many questions they wanted to ask. "Why did Taeyang hyung suddenly want Byul to stop hanging out with us? Aren't we friends?" Chanyeol asked. "Something must of happened." Kris replied. "But then again, he is overly worried about her. Especially with things becoming so chaotic nowadays." Baekhyun said. "I just hope everythings alright." D.O. replied as he glanced at Suho. "I just hope she doesn't leave us..." mumbled Suho.