- Caring EXO

The White Pearl

"Trouble is coming..." Byul said as she looked at the members, "We have to be extremely careful. It seems like they know we are looking for the White Pearl, it's becoming dangerous at night" she continued. "Guess we'll be practicing everyday after school, before heading out." Suggested Lay. "Byul shi, you should go home first. This place is dangerous at the moment" said Baekhyun. Byul insisted to stay but the members told her to go home and get some rest; she could join them tomorrow on their search. She couldn't say anything else and decided to go home. "I will join you guys after school. I have something to tell you about your powers that my inner thoughts have told me." Byul continued.

"Also when you speak to me, just call me Byul. There's no need for the formal speeches. I'm also the same age as Kai shi and Sehun shi so that makes me younger than the rest of you." She wanted them to be more comfortable around each other and told them to drop the formal speeches. "Then that means you should also drop your formal speeches" Tao said. Byul smiled and nodded, "since you guys are older than Kai and Sehun, I'll just call you guys oppa."

"Okay okay, go on home. We'll talk more tomorrow." Said Lay as they gently pushed her away; before she left she told them to be careful and not to stay out too late. The members said they would do as she told if she heads home first. 

The members continued searching after Byul went home. "It's so weird how we spot the energy for one minute and it disappears within the next." Kris said frustrated and waving his stone around in the air. "It's like it's teasing us or something." Chen replied putting his stone towards the night sky to see if it'll shine. "oh right, have you guys tried checking your ancestors' stuff? Did you find anything?" Suho was reminded of the missing entry after hearing the members talk about the pearl. The members said they couldn't find anything yet since there's a lot of things to go through and that they would continue to do so tomorrow. The members called it a day and headed home. Byul who had reached home texted Suho asking how the search went. 

Byul: Suho oppa, how did the search go?

Suho: I was going to text you, but you texted first. Unfortunately we didn't find anything. Are you home?

Byul: I'm home, did you guys head home?

Suho: Yeah we did, we'll continue tomorrow night. DId your oppa ask anything?

Byul: He did but I didn't tell him all the details. I did tell him about Chaos showing up today. 

Suho: He must of been worried when you told him.

Byul: Mhmm, my oppa is a bit of the protective type. 

Byul who was texting Suho got a text from D.O. who asked the same questions Suho did. 

D.O: Did you reach home safely?

Byul: Yes oppa, I did. I was just texting Suho oppa asking how your search was. 

D.O: oh that's good, well you should take a rest, it's late. I'll text you again in the morning.

Byul said goodnight to both Suho and D.O, as she was about to rest another set of texts came from Sehun and Chanyeol asking the same thing as everyone else. As she finished replying to the the two, other members started texting; Byul quickly answered all their questions and told them she was tired and needed to sleep. Only then did the texts stop coming. But thinking about them asking her if she reached home safely made her happy; Byul had a good night sleep and so did the other members. 

Taeyang couldn't drive Byul to school the next morning because he had to go to his meeting early, thus Byul walked to school. As she entered the lecture room, Tao, Kai and Sehun were already sitting down; they noticed her and gave her a welcoming smile; she walked over and sat next to them. "How was your sleep?" Sehun asked as Byul took a seat beside him. "It was good, you guys?" she replied and returned the question. "we had a good sleep too." Kai answered. Byul heard some whispers around the room and took a look around, people were staring at the four. "She got close to those three real fast. It took us forever to gather the courage to talk to the them." girls whispered here and there. Byul turned to Sehun and asked, "are you guys cold towards your classmates?" The three shook their heads lightly but then thought about it, "to be honest, we tried keeping our distance from people." Tao answered. "Seems like you guys are pretty popular here with everyone wanting to talk to you." Byul said and took out her books. "Well you can say that, we do get a lot of confessions but they don't know much about us like you do." Sehun admitted to the groups' popularity at school. Byul laughed, "I can't believe you'd admit to that." "Why? are you not popular at your old school?" Kai asked. "Nah, not at all." Byul answered humbly. The four chatted before the lecture started.

During lunch, Suho texted Byul asking if she had lunch yet and if she didn't they could all meet up to eat lunch. Byul texted him and told him she was already in the cafeteria; he texted back saying they were on their way. Byul sat at a table and waited for them; she heard some commotions outside and turned to look out the window. She saw people looking and staring at the EXO members who were heading towards the cafeteria. The nine members walked in and spotted Byul sitting at the table near the window. They headed over and grabbed their seats, "I approve of your answer regarding your popularity, Sehun" said Byul speechless of what she just had witnessed. Sehun gave a satisfying nod, "we don't lie." The other members weren't sure what they were talking about so Chanyeol asked about it. "Oh, in class today, Byul asked if we were popular. So we admitted it." Tao answered leaning back on his chair. The others shook their heads and had nothing to say to the three "popular" men. 

"Byul, what do you want to eat? I'll go get it." Baekhyun offered. "It's okay, I can go grab my own food. You oppas should go get your food first." replied Byul. "just sit here, we'll be back with your food." Chen said stood up; Chen, Baekhyun, Lay, Sehun, Tao and Kai went to go get food while Suho, D.O and Chanyeol waited with Byul. "You must have been shocked about yesterday." Suho started the conversation. Byul smiled, "well I was before, but you know I got to get used to it somehow." The three nodded and understood what she meant by getting used to it. "Suho oppa, can I get your number?" a girl came up from behind and asked for Suho's number. "I'm sorry, I don't give out numbers to people I don't know." Suho rejected and other girls came up to ask D.O and Chanyeol as well. They all rejected using the same excuse leaving the girls disappointed and they left. "I wonder if I'm going to get bashed for sitting with such popular people." Byul teased. "eh, come on. Do you think we'll let that happen?" replied D.O. "we're friends remember?" Chanyeol reminded Byul. "We weren't in the beginning, I had to approach you all first." Byul continued teasing. The three laughed; food was brought back by the 6 members and the table was full of food. "whoa, can we eat all of this?" asked Byul. "Of course, to become stronger, we need food." stated Lay who placed a plate of fried rice down in the center of the table. 

Everyone started to eat, sometimes sharing, sometimes stealing each other's food for fun. EXO members cared for each other and because they included Byul, she felt special as well since she was the only girl that got to eat and talk with EXO; girls who had approached them so far had been politely rejected. However Byul knew the true reason why she was included was because she was one of them...one with powers whom no one knows.