- We'll Find Each Other

The White Pearl

They reached the beach and took out the sandwiches, fruits, and drinks that Byul had packed the morning of. Byul tried to help but as she took the drinks in her hand, she felt dizzy and dropped everything. Suho caught her and asked, "What's wrong?" Byul shook her head, "Just a bit dizzy. I'm going to the washroom." Byul said and left. Inside the washroom Byul washed her face and looked at her reflection; she held her chest with a pained expression. Her energy was draining and she can feel it. She breathed in and out, "Just a bit more." she gathered herself and walked back outside as if nothing happened. "Is everything okay? You look tired." Chanyeol asked as he walked up to her. She assured him she was fine and was just tired after all that walking. Chanyeol walked her over and sat her down and gave her a bottle of water. "Oh I'm starving," D.O. said as he took a bite into his sandwich. "How is it?" Byul asked. "It's really good!" D.O.'s eyes widened. "Really?" The others asked and started taking their own bites of their sandwiches. They gave Byul a thumbs up since their mouths were too full to say it out loud. They were talking, joking and laughing at each other; Byul sat there and looked at each one and when she got to her brother she started tearing up. Taeyang saw her eyes and was surprised, "Are you crying?" He asked his sister, he sprung up and walked over to her. He sat down next to her and asked why she was crying. Byul smiled and wiped her tears, "I'm just thinking, what if I'm not here by your side anymore. Will you be okay?" She asked. Taeyang looked at her and patted her head, "ehh are you worried about oppa after you get married? It's not like you'll be moving away to another place. You can always come see me." He explained to her as he wiped her tears. "You'll have to take care of yourself okay?" She asked. "Aigo, what am I going to do with you? Suho, maybe I should not let her marry you." He teased. "Hyung!" Suho said in surprise, "You can't do that. She may be your sister... but she's mine now." Suho said hurriedly. The members laughed out loud, "Aigo, our leader is so in love." teased the members.

As the sun was slowly setting, Byul felt her chest tighten every time it got darker. "The sun is setting again!" Chanyeol yelled and pointed to the sun. They stood up to run over to watch the sun and usually Byul would be the first one up and running but today she wasn't. As she stood up and walked over, her chest tightened up. It was too hard for her to bare and hence she fell to the sand, holding her chest. Suho who was just a couple of feet away from her; he heard the sound of falling and turned back to see Byul holding her chest on the ground in pain. "Byul ah!" He yelled and ran to her. The members heard Suho's yell and turned to see what was happening. They noticed Byul, "Byul!" They ran over forgetting about the sun set. Suho lifted her up, Taeyang ran over and knelt down next to her looking at her worried. The members gathered and surrounded her. She was in a lot pain and her chest was as if it was on fire. "B-B-Byul ah.." Suho said as he looked at her scanning to see where she was hurt. "What's wrong? Where are you hurting?" Taeyang asked also hurriedly. Byul grasped her chest and groaned in pain; she bit her lip. "Your chest hurts?!" Lay asked. "let me heal you!" Lay said in a rush. Byul coughed and spat out some blood, "Byul ahh..." everyone was in panic mode, not sure what was going on. Lay used his powers, but realized he had his power was gone. "its no use.." Byul said weakly breathing heavily. "Where's my powers?!" Lay asked in surprised. The members tried their powers but no one had any. "Your... powers are gone.." Byul explained. "What's wrong with you Byul?!" Suho asked in tears. "It's time for me to go." Byul replied in a faint smile. "G-go where??" Taeyang asked with teary eyes. "What are you saying?" The members were confuesd. Byul grasped her chest and her tears rolled down the side of her face, "It hurts..." She cried. Suho held her tighter, "Please... what can I do?" He pleaded. "White Pearl..." Byul called out weakly. The White Pearl's energy arrived, "Byul ah," It called her. "It really hurts." She told it and spat out more blood. "What's wrong with her?!" Taeyang demanded answers and the memebers looked around searching for where the White Pearl was. "She was suppose to die the day of the battle. After returning it to the pearl, she experienced a drain in energy and internal bleeding. She pleaded to have her energy and bleeding surpressed, but she can hold on for 5 days. I did tell her she will be in immense pain but because she wanted to be with you guys a bit longer, she chose to stay." The energy answered. Tears fell as the members and Taeyang discovered what Byul had done. "Why--why didn't you say anything?" Suho asked choking up and the members' eyes were fixed on Byul. Byul smiled, "If I did, would I be able to see you guys so happy in the last few days?"

"Why did you hold it in? We were happy yet you were suffering." Chen asked. "I-I'm o-okay." She said trying to make them calm. Taeyang held his sister's hand as tears fell, "Byul ah, were you holding on just because you promised us you would survive the battle?" Byul turned her head to look at her brother's face, "I'm really okay...oppa." She said, "it was worth it. I got to see you happy." "Byul ah..." they called her in tears. The sun was going down slowly and her time was almost up. "Oppas, I.. was really happy these last few days." She said as she moved her eyes to look at each one; everyone was crying. "D-don't cry. Let me see your smiling faces." Byul said with a smile. The members formed smiles on their faces for Byul even though tears were flowing down their cheeks. "Byul.." Suho cried. She turned and looked at him, "Suho oppa... I'm sorry... looks like the promise I made with you can't be kept." She said crying. Suho shook his head, "You said you'll be with me. We said we were going to get married after graduation. We were going to have little children running around our house." Suho said. Byul weakly moved her hand and cupped Suho's crying face. "Find...someone...who can keep their promise; someone who will take care of you and the members." She said smiling. "No, I don't want anyone else but you. You're my only one...my only wife." He said. "Be happy...is my wish." She said. Byul let go of his face and slowly pulled something out of her pocket. She placed it into his hand and held his hand, "To be honest... I don't want to leave you all behind; but I can't hold on any longer. My last gift for you is at the tree of life." She said. "I'm tired..." She said as her eye lids were feeling a little heavy. "B-byul ah... you can't sleep." Suho said as he begged her. "Suho oppa, we already promised... we'll find each other in our next life..." She said trying to keep her eyes open. Suho nodded tears rolling down like a river, "I will find you." "Taeyang oppa, I'm sorry; I'll be with mom, dad, and grandpa watching over you and the others." She continued. She turned to the members, "It was nice meeting you all, we will meet again." The members nodded wiping their tears. "Stop crying and smile." Byul said as she smiled weakly. She turned back to Suho who was crying like a baby. "Please take care of uri (my) oppa and the members. I-I love you." She said and closed her eyes. "Byul ah, you can't." Suho pleaded. Byul's hand that was holding onto Suho lost grip and fell to the sand. Suho opened up his hand to find the ring he had given to Byul had been given back. "Byul ah! You can't! Wake up! Please" Suho yelled shaking her and pleading for her to wake up. "Byul!" The members called. Taeyang's head dropped as he cried. The members turned around and cried. Suho hugged Byul tighter and the night ended with Byul leaving the members and her brother behind.

______________________

It has been a few days since Byul was gone, the members and her brother had to be strong in order to get Suho back onto his feet again. Suho hasn't been in his right mind lately, hasn't been smiling a lot but he was wearing the necklace with both his and Byul's rings and would never take it off. At dinner one day, there was nothing but silence as they ate. "Ah" Sehun said and everyone looked at him. "What?" They asked half heartedly. "We forgot something that Byul had told us to do." Sehun stated. The members were then reminded that Byul said she had left them a present at the tree of life. "Let's go after we finish eating." Taeyang said. They all rushed and finished lunch.  As they ran towards the tree of life, they noticed something. They walked around the tree and saw that photos Byul had taken over during her last days with them were hung from the branches. Each photo had everyone smiling, laughing. Then it hit them again, she was gone; this made them teary eyed once more. D.O. saw the face of someone he loved and smiled holding his tears back. Chanyeol and Baekhyun found the photo they took together at the amusement part after the viking ride. Lay found a photo of him and her eating ice cream. Everyone had a photo with Byul. Suho noticed a photo he took with her on the day he proposed to her and he cried as he took it down from the tree. Taeyang and the members saw him and walked over patting his shoulder and giving him hugs. The tree lit up and a voice can be heard "You guys are finally here." It was the White Pearl. "I have been waiting for you all to come." It said. The members stood and stared at the tree. "Byul wanted to say something to you guys hence the night before her passing, she came here and told me to help her." From the tree, the White Pearl emerged and it shone a light into the sky, and a hologram of Byul was shown. Everyone looked at it, "Byul." They called out.

"Hi oppas! By the time you see this, I won't be beside you anymore." She said in the hologram. "Ahh I'll really miss you guys, but it's fate. I have one thing I want you guys to do for me. It's something only you guys can do; even you Taeyang oppa." She said as she pointed as if she was there in real life. "I want you guys to be happy." She said smiling. The members and Taeyang held back their tears. "I know you won't accept that I'm gone; however, you need to move on. Life is short, go and experience the things that you haven't, meet the people that you should meet. Even though I'm not physically beside you, I'm up here watching you all." She said. "Suho oppa, don't torture yourself because of me. I know you love me and you know I love you; I don't want you to be like this. Please be happy...for me and for yourself." Suho wiped his tears and smiled as he nodded, "I will. We'll definetly meet again." He said. "Now, its time for me to go! Good bye!~" She bid farewell one last time before the hologram stopped. The guys wiped their tears and smiled, "we should be happy for Byul. That's the only one thing she wanted us to do." Taeyang said. "Look's like our to do list is short but not so simple." Suho stated grinning as he looked at the photo of him and her. They all smiled and headed back home after spending sometime looking through the photos Byul took and laughed at the ones that were silly. That night, Suho stared at the photo and smiled as he placed it in his wallet. He felt the necklace with the rings and smiled as if she was there with him, "Wherever you are, I will find you."