- Can We Stay Like This?

The White Pearl

Suho and Byul were watching a movie on the couch and Byul ended up falling asleep half way through the movie. Suho looked over and noticed she had fallen asleep; he picked her up carefully and carried her upstairs to her room. He placed her on her bed gently and tucked her in before he left the room. The night went by fairly quick and another day was gone. 

The members were over early in the morning, even before Byul was awake. They were making a ruckus downstairs trying to get breakfast ready and this woke Byul up. She walked downstairs half a sleep, "You guys are over already?" She asked yawning. "Oh did we wake you up?" Baekhyun asked with a small chuckle as he was setting down plates on the table. "I'll go wash up first and I'll come help." Byul replied. "No no no, you go relax. We'll do everything." Chanyeol said and pushed Byul towards the washroom. Breakfast was served a little later than usual as they prepared so much food. "You didn't have to prepare so much food." Byul said laughing at the amount of food. "Oh we're going to go see Taeyang hyung first before heading out for a picnic date." Tao responded happily. "Picnic date?" Byul asked as she took a bite from her toast. "mhmm... it's been awhile since we all hung out together." D.O. answered. "Since we only have a few days to ourselves, might as well enjoy it." Xiumin added while spreading jam onto his toast. 

After breakfast they went to check up on Taeyang, he hasn't changed; but the doctor said he was in a much stable condition which relieved them quite a bit. The members took Byul to the park near the beach for their late lunch. The meals were simple but they enjoyed it. "Let's play in the water." Tao suggested. Chen and Lay signaled the rest to aim for Kris to be pushed into the water. "Rock paper scissors?" Suho suggested. "Okay!" the others shouted. Sehun snuck his arm above Kris' head and signaled everyone to show rock. Byul shook her head while grinning as she watched them play. "Rock paper scissors!" They shouted; everyone but Kris showed rock, however their plan backfired as Kris showed paper. "YEAHHH" He shouted and ran over to Byul who was sitting on the sand high fiving her. Byul fell back laughing out loud at their mistake. Sehun face palmed and the members hit him for making the mistake. "again!" Sehun yelled not wanting to quit. His next target was Xiumin. Everyone showed scissors while Xiumin and Luhan played paper. "WOOO!" the members ran around shouting; totally excited. Xiumin and Luhan knew that they were tricked but just laughed it off. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun ran over and dragged Xiumin into the water while Sehun and Tao dragged Luhan into the water. Luhan not wanting to suffer alone grabbed Sehun tightly by his arm and pulled him into the water as well. "Hyung! That's not fair! I won!" He whined as he wiped his face. "You think we didn't know you planned this?" Luhan asked. Sehun laughed awkwardly, "Oh you knew?" he asked. Luhan and Xiumin laughed. The members began pushing and pulling each other into the water. "Yah! I got no extra clothes!" Some of them yelled. "Don't worry! I already prepared everything in the car!" Chen said while splashing water towards the members. With Chen's statement, they thought Byul's clothes was also prepared. Tao and Kai went and picked Byul up who was sitting and enjoying the sun. "What are you guys doing?!" Byul yelled in surprised. Before she knew it she was thrown into the water. The members laughed, but Chen's expression turned to shock. "I didn't bring Byul's clothes..." The members looked at Chen with a "what did you say" look. "Why didn't you?!" Chanyeol asked. "Yah! She's a girl! How can I.. just go into her room.. and bring... her.. you know..." Chen explained. Byul sprung up from the water and was soaked from head to toe. She covered her chest and was shocked; the members froze and didn't know what to do. "Uhh... Byul ah..." Tao said in shock. "S--s-sorry!" Kai finished. Byul turned around and looked down at her shirt, she was making sure nothing was shown underneath. The members all turned around and lightly smacked Kai and Tao in the arm. "Wait here. I'll go grab a towel." Suho said as he ran out of the water to the car to grab a towel. He found his towel and ran back. Byul was relieved nothing was showing and just laughed, she turned around and saw all their backs facing her. She splashed water at all of them, "This is what you get." Byul said as she splashed them. Suho laughed in relief knowing that Byul was okay. He placed his towel on the picnic mat and ran over. The members turned around and saw Byul who was laughing; the water fight began again.

The long water fight was over and everyone was exhausted. Chen, D.O. and Luhan went to go grab towels and their bags from the car. Suho wrapped his towel around Byul, "here, it's getting cooler now that the sun is starting to set." He said to her. "I'm okay, you should dry yourself first oppa." She replied. The two kept pushing the towel back and forth; the members saw that; Kris threw a blanket that was found in his car. "Stop torturing that towel. Here's a blanket." The members went and got changed. Seeing that Byul didn't have extra clothes, Lay gave his sweater to her so she could wear it. "Let's head back, so you can change." They suggested. "Ahh...but we're already here. Let's watch the sunset." Byul suggested. "If that's the case, we'll go buy some warm drinks." Sehun said and tapped Chanyeol on the shoulder signaling something. The members eyed each other and winked, "Suho ah, we'll be back. Byul ah, we'll also grab you something to wear. We'll just buy something at the store." Xiumin said and winked at Suho. Suho nodded and told them to hurry.

They were planning something and were all getting things ready hence it took them longer to return. It was suppose to be done at home, but Byul wanted to watch the sunset so they had to bring everything to the beach. While waiting for them to come back Suho and Byul were sitting on the sand watching the waves and the sun slowly set. "Ahh what's taking them so long?" Suho said frustrated since he wanted it to happen during the sunset. "hmm?" said Byul. "Oh nothing." He replied smiling. "Are you cold? Here use the blanket." Suho said and took the blanket to her. "Are you cold oppa?" She asked as she wrapped the blanket around her. He shook his head but she could see that he was lying. "Come and share the blanket with me." Byul suggested and took the right end of the blanket off her shoulder. Suho came and sat down next to her and she placed the right end of the blanket around his shoulder. The two watched the sunset when the members parked their cars in the parking lot. Kris was the driver in one car and Xiumin in another; the members in each car looked at each other, rolled down the window. "how is this going to work? Where are we setting this?!" Luhan asked sitting in the passenger seat of Kris' car. Lay rolled down his window from the back seat of Xiumin's car. "Hyung. Let's just find an area and set this up quickly! We've been gone for too long." "Byul's clothes is probably dry by now..." Baekhyun chimmed in. "Ahh let's do this quietly. Don't ruin the surprise." Chanyeol stated with his finger to his lips. The members looked at the two who were sitting on the sand from their cars. "Time to do this." Kris said and signaled the others to get ready to execute the plan.

The members snuck to the picnic table that was about a few meters away from where Suho and Byul were sitting. Some crawled slowly and some slouched towards the table. Lay, Chanyeol, D.O. and Chen were placing balloons around the table; Xiumin, Baekhyun and Luhan brought the cake and a small box that Suho prepared; Tao, Kai and Sehun were placing utensils and napkins onto the table. "Everything ready?" Kai asked. "I think so." D.O. replied. "Okay, let's get Byul to change into this dress." Luhan said and handed the dress over to D.O. The members walked over to Byul and Suho in a line so that if they were to turn, they wouldn't see the table. "Oh you're here. Why are you guys dressed like that?" Byul asked in surprise seeing the members dressed in formal attire. Suho made a face asking why they were so late, but the members ignored Suho. "Byul ah, here change into this." D.O. said and gave Byul the dress. Byul had no idea what was going on, "huh? okay?" She said and took the dress and headed to the washroom in the beach house. As soon as Byul left, Suho stood up, "Yah! What took you so long?!" Suho asked. "The sun is already gone! It's dark now!" Suho continued. "eeeehhhhhh. with some candles the table will be bright again." The members exclaimed while pushing Suho towards the washroom. "Hurry and get dressed before she comes out." Suho forgetting about why they were late rushed into the washroom to get changed; he did a speedy change and came back out rushing to the table.

"Is everything set?" He asked the members. "Yup" The members nodded. "I'll her here." D.O said. Luhan and Chanyeol also tagged along with D.O. As they went and waited at the washroom door for Byul, the members at the table realized something was missing. "SHOOT! WE DIDN'T BRING CANDLES?!" Baekhyun shouted. Everyone's expression stiffened... now it was complete darkness. "who was in charge of candles?!" Kris asked. Sehun looked away to avoid eye contact. "Sehun?!" The members pointed at him. Sehun chuckled awkwardly and thought hard. "Ah! I got an idea! Turn on our cell phone flashlights! It's bright enough." he suggested. No one said anything and just did what he suggested since they couldn't do anything at this point. Byul walked out of the washroom awkwardly and was greeted with a shocked Luhan, Chanyeol and D.O. "Why would you tell me to dress like this?" Byul asked shyly. "uhm.. you'll see why." D.O. replied nervously. "Do I look weird? What's with your faces?" Byul asked. Luhan, Chanyeol and D.O shook their heads multiple times, "No you look beautiful." They said at the same time making Byul laugh. The trio told Byul to follow them and they walked over to where all the members were. They stood infront of the table and were shocked at Byul's appearance; the wind was blowing her hair and her face shined even in the darkness. Byul looked around, "What are you guys up to?" She asked. "There's someone who prepared all this for you with the help of us" Xiumin said and the members split to both sides. "Take out your phones." They whispered to D.O, Luhan and Chanyeol. "Why?" "No candles, use the flashlight mode." They whispered to them. Chanyeol, Luhan and D.O. glared at Sehun and he looked away. The members all their cellphone flashlights and hovered it near the table. Suho was standing there with a small box as he walked over to Byul. The members had to follow with their phones to shine light.

"Byul ah" He started off nervously and the members were cringing at his soft voice. "I didn't know I would be doing this one day, but from the day I saw you, I had fallen for you. I don't know how things will turn out in a couple of days, however I really wish we could stay like this forever." He said as Byul's eyes began to form tears with a feeling of what will happen next. He opened the box and it contained two necklaces with a ring carved with a small "S <3 S" attached to each. "Would you stay by my side? Even if the world stops spinning, even if things don't go the way we want it to; would you still be by myside?" He asked her sincerely. Byul smiled and nodded as tears rolled down her cheek. Suho smiled widely and took the necklace with the smaller ring and put it around her neck. Byul took the other necklace and put it around Suho's neck. He wiped her tears and pulled her into a tight hug. The members yelled in excitement "Wooo!!!" as they swung their phones around. "Bobo hae (kiss) bobo hae" they chanted. Byul was embarrassed but Suho pulled her in and kissed her.

"What's with your phones?" Byul asked laughing as she pointed to their phones. "Someone was in charge of bringing candles but totally forgot so we had to use another source of light." Chen explained. Everyone bursted out into laughter and gathered for a photo; they set the timer and posed for the group photo. They took many photos that day and it was a memory that they always wanted to keep. After the small party, they all went home; Byul and Suho went back to Byul's house while the rest went back to Suho's.