- Transfer Accepted

The White Pearl

It's Friday morning in the lecture room at Shinhwa University where Han Byul goes to. Han Byul sat in front of her laptop screen calming herself down before clicking the "proceed" button to check her transfer status. Her friends and classmates gathered around to witness it with her. "I'm clicking now." She said with a determined expression. "You've been saying that for the last 10 mins." Wooyoung clicked it for her before she could even react. "Wooyoung!" She yelled and looked at Wooyoung. Wooyoung smiled and pointed to the screen. "You have been accepted into Wook University. Congratulations" was what it stated on the page. Byul smiled with relief. 

"Are you that happy to be leaving us?" Yuna asked. "uhh." Byul scratched the back of her head. "I can't believe you," Haejin said with a sad face. "Even though I won't be here anymore doesn't mean I won't contact you guys." replied Byul.

"We better hang out." Seojoon continuing the conversation. "Let's have a meet up once every couple of weeks at least." another classmate chimmed in. Byul nodded in agreement. Although she was sad about leaving her friends, she needed to find out why she's been having such dreams. "What you need to think about now is how to break the news to your oppa, appa, and grandpa." Haejin placed her hand on Byul's shoulder. "Ahh I forgot about that.." Byul sighed a little worried about how they would react.

After class, Byul bid farewell to her classmates and her professors before heading home. In the car her brother was talking about his meeting and the clients he had met. "oppa, when are you going to be home today?" Byul interrupted. "oh? uh probably before dinner. Wae?" Taeyang answered. "Oh I just wanted to talk to you about something." Byul replied. "What is it? you can tell me here" Taeyang glaced at Byul once in a while as he drove. "I want to discuss it along with appa and grandpa as well." Byul answered back turning her head towards the window staring outside. Taeyang had a feeling that it must be about her reoccuring dreams but he decided to listen to her at home along with their dad and grandpa.

He dropped her home and headed back to the office to finish some work. Byul was in deep thought in the shower, thinking about what she's going to have to say to let them understand her decision. She was worried and scared at the same time since her dad, grandpa and brother have been very protective of her since young.

Byul gathered her family members in the living room after they finished dinner. "I have something to announce," Byul started off nervously. "Go on honey, we're listening" their dad said as he fixed his gaze on his daughter. "But all of you have to promise me first that you won't get mad." The three looked at each other in confusion. "We promise," her grandpa said and placed his tea cup down on the coffee table.

"I have transferred school," Byul said quickly and loudly. "You... did what?!" Taeyang asked in shocked. Byul bit her lower lip and looked at her hands. Her dad looked at her, "and tell me why you did that?" Byul thought for a moment thinking about what to say and thought the best thing to do is to tell the truth. "I'm sure you all know that I've been having this dream constantly. I wouldn't say its a dream though, its more of something inside me telling me to do things." Byul answered and continued, "At first I thought it was just my thoughts wondering off, but the more it appears, the more I think its what I must do. The other day, something told me that I must find and protect EXO. I don't know who they are, but I must find them in order to understand why I'm getting these dreams and thoughts."

"Byul ah, I think you should just forget about whatever you think/hear at night. Just brush it off." Taeyang said looking at his sister. "Oppa, I can't do that. How can I when its been so frequent? If it was just one day I would be able to forget it; however, it has been days and days since this has been occuring. How can you expect me to just brush it off?" Byul answered back.

"I respect your decisions Byul ah, Grandpa will support you and I'm sure your dad will too." said grandpa as he looked at their dad. Their dad nodded, "Byul ah, since you are grown up now, you can make your own decisions." "Thank you appa! grandpa!" Byul thanked the two and gave them each a hug. "But! you have to promise us that you always have to be careful. Do not do anything reckless." Byul nodded with a smile and told them they can trust her. Byul ran upstairs to wash up and got ready for bed.

"Appa, grandpa, you should've have stopped her! You know how dangerous it can be for her now that she's following what her inner powers are telling her." Taeyang spoke in anger. "Taeyang, you know we can't stop her powers from doing." Grandpa said. "Wae? why did she have to have powers in the first place? If it was just me I would have been okay. But my younger sister is just a young woman who knows nothing about the harsh world. EXO is the guardians of this planet, what does my sister have to do with protecting them? We can go find someone who can take away her powers." Taeyang continued. "if we do, then.. your sister won't live." Dad said in a serious tone. Taeyang looked shocked and stared at both dad and grandpa, "What does that suppose to mean?" "Don't ask, just... protect your sister." The room was silent and no one talked; Taeyang knew that even if he asked further no one will answer his questions. "One of these days we'll tell you everything." Grandpa said and walked to his room.

That night Taeyang opened Byul's door and sat on the edge of his sister's bed. He stared at her with worried eyes. "if we do, then... your sister won't live" those words repeated itself in his head. He pulled the blanket that Byul had pushed away in her sleep and tucked her in again. He stood up and walked out the door, before closing the door behind him he whispered, "Whatever the reason is, I'll protect you. Trust your oppa."