Chapter 2

You're who now?

Nari POV:

As I was walking to school, more like running, I passed some other students from different schools. Soon many people were starting to crowd my path. 

"Ugh I sware of all the days it had to be crowded, it had to be today."

I ran and swerved passed all the people. Some gave me dirty looks as I rushed passed them. Good thing I'm athletic or else I'll really be late due to the people. But just when I was coming out to the end of the crowd, I ran into someone. Of course just my luck. 

"Ya, watch where you're going punk" 

I looked up to see a boy around my age wearing a blue dress shirt with a white knitted vest over it. He had a logo on the flap of his collared shirt. It was a W with a golden outline. I realized by his uniform that he went to Woolim university. The best school in my town, maybe even Korea. Usually the guys who go there are snobs and spoiled little rich kids. And of course I had to bump into one of them. Ughh I don't have time for this, I need to get to school, I'm probably already late.

"Look I'm sorry but I don't have time for this right now I need to go" I quickly explained as I dashed off once again, hoping I won't be too late. 

"YAA, get back here! You dirtied my uniform" the guy said. I didn't bother to look back and continued running as his voice got smaller and smaller until I couldn't hear it anymore. 

I finally arrived at my school 7 minutes late. I took my seat next to my best friend Eunji. But I didn't see any teacher

"You're so lucky the teacher is running late too" she said to me. 

I mentally did a happy dance in my head and wiped the sweat off my head. Maybe luck is on my side today. 

A few minutes later the teacher came in, looking like a tornado swept her up with all her belonging. Her hair was like a bush and her outfit was all messed up. Wow maybe I was really lucky compared to my teacher. 

"Sorry students for the delay, rough morning in my house today" she laughed off. 

Rough morning, Yeah no kidding.

"Alright let's start right away. We wasted time already" and started the lesson. All the students groaned while the teacher just gave a death stare. I started to tune her out because I had read ahead in the book so I already knew what we were learning. My mind drifted to Jimin at home, probably lying down by himself, all alone. It must be hard on him to, knowing you can't do anything to help, even though he shouldn't feel that way. I wish my parents were still alive. We wouldn't be in this mess right now and Jimin could probably get treatment for his heart. 

I started to think of the prestigious schools I applied for, hoping that I will get into one of them. I know I have the intelligence to get in, but I'm not sure if I'll get in with my conditions at home and our money situation. But I have to get in, for Jimin. I need to get in. I don't know what I'll do if I don't.

But before I continue my train of thoughts, the bell rang signaling the student to go to their next class. I got up with a sigh and made my way to the rest of my classes

"Is everything alright Nari" Eunji asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I replied. Eunji gave me the 'okay whatever don't tell me' look. I can't blame her though, I can't even convince myself. I sat down at my desk for the next class and continued on with the day.