Chapter 30

You're who now?

Nari

For the past few days, all I've been doing is avoiding Myungsoo. Sometimes in class he would try to come up and talk to me but I would rush out of the room before he even had the chance. I just didn't want to see him after that day. I'm usually one to just forgive the other and not make a big deal but I was done playing that card. I was tired of always having it favor the other person. Maybe I am making a big deal over nothing, but right now I just want to be by myself. I need to be by myself.

Anytime one of the guys came up to me, whether it was Chanyeol or Woohyun or whoever, I would decline their offers to hang out. These days I've just been focusing on my school work and completeing all the assignments. I mean, this is what I came here for in the first place. I came here with the intentions of helping Jimin by doing my best in school, not to make friends and goof off with them all the time. With that in my mind, I focused harded on my school work and spent less time with the guys each day that went by. Granted, I still went out with them sometimes, with the exception of Myungsoo, like how me and Woohyun would keep going to the cafe in the early mornings and how I would sometimes hang out with Chanyeol after classes. But I limited my time with everyone.

I thought it would be easier that way. I've been alone practically all the time. The feeling of being alone wasn't new. With only Eunji at school and having to take care of Jimin at home, I would be by myself all the time. Especially after my parents died, I shut almost everyone out, even Jimin at some point. I was too afraid to get close to anyone in fear they would leave me too eventually. So I sticked by myself and limited contact with everyone. And like I figured everyone left, except for two people: Jimin and Eunji. After I realized I could count on them to stay by my side, I opened up to them again. Not like how I had been, but definitely an improvement.

But now, as I sit by myself in the library, working on school work, I can't help but feel odd. It's messing with my mind because I should be used to this by now, I shouldn't feel a tiny bit upset for no one being here, but I am. Why? I guess I have gotten used to being around people pretty much 24/7 so it's become somewhat foreign to me. And I didn't like it.

"Ughh, why am I like this?" I rubbed my face with my hands to remove the tiredness from eyes. I glanced at the clock, seeing it was around six at night. With a sigh escaping my lips, I packed up all my books and started heading back to the dorms. I'm not feeling myself lately so I planned on visiting Jimin tomorrow. Hopefully, I can relax my mind seeing him.

When I opened the door, everyone was there, hanging out with each other. They were all playing some sort of videogame but when my presence became known, they all looked between each other silently.

"Jimin, you wanna play this game with us?" I heard Sungyeol ask hesitantly.

"Nah, I'm fine. You guys have fun." I said looking over to them. They didn't look convinced, but none of them said anything. For a split second, my eyes locked with Myungsoo, but I was quick to look away, going over to my bed.

I laid down on my bed and took out my phone. I opened it up to do something on it, but I ended up staring at the home screen until it went black. My reflection shown in the screen and I looked, well, a mess to say the least. There was bags under my eyes and my hair was all over the place. I let out another sigh before putting my phone on my desk and closing my eyes, hoping to gain some rest. But as much as I tried, I just couldn't fall asleep. I mean it wasn't that late, but I had no energy to do anything. So I just laid down and looked up at the bottom of Dongwoo's bed.

"Hey."

I shifted my gaze to see Woohyun sitting across from me. He gave me a small smile which I returned to him.

"What's up?"

He looked ay me with worried eyes. "Is everything alright? These past few days you've been, I don't know, different."

I chuckled a bit. "Different how?"

"You just seem...distant in a way."

I stared back into his worried eyes. "I'm fine. Just taking some time to myself, that's all."

Woohyun continued to stare at me, it was as if he was trying to get an answer out of my eyes if he stared long enough. But he could stare as long as he want and still not get an answer because even I don't know what's wrong with me. Why I feel this way.

Woohyun hushed his voice barely above a whisper. "Is it because of Myungsoo?"

I thought deeply about it. Sure, I was upset with him, I'm avoiding him but I don't think it's because of him. I mean why would I care so much if he didn't like me anymore. I can't possibly be this way because of one person, let alone it being that guy. Could it?

".....No... I think I'm just stressed out lately with school and everything. Though our whole situation isn't helping." I chuckled a bit.

"Maybe you should talk to him."

"I'm only doing what he asked me to. He's still has you guys, I don't think he really cares." I said mumbling the last part.

Though if there's one thing I know about Woohyun, it's his exceptionally good hearing. He sighed and got up. "I think it's affecting him more than you think. And all of us. I miss the snappy Jimin always giving me sarcastic comments." He said while snorting a bit.

I laughed lightly but didn't say anything.

"If something's wrong, don't shut us out. We can help you get through it, all of us." Woohyun said before giving me a small smile and walking back to infinite in the living room. I smiled to myself, starting to feel better before drifting off to sleep.

When I woke up, I saw it was a little later in the morning than I usually wake up. Today was the weekend, Sunday to be exact, so I could relax and not have to worry about being late. I emerged from my bed and went into the bathroom doing my usual routine. When I came out, I went over to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast.

I was going to visit Jimin today, but I kept contemplating in my mind. I looked over toward the bunk area, focusing on one sleeping figure in particular. Should I take him with me again? Maybe we can just talk things over and go back to being good. I stared at his sleeping figure before shaking my head.

"What are you even thinking?"

I sat down at the table and started eating my food. My mind kept wondering back to that stupid guy sleeping. Ever since last night, he's been stuck in my head and it's annoying the crap out of me. I started messing my hair up messily in frustration. Ugh, what have you done to me Myungsoo?

I decided that I would visit Jimin later in the day instead of the morning. I wanted to try and at least talk to him, especially after what Woohyun had said. I didn't know our silent war was kind of affecting the rest of them and I didn't want to drag anyone into our mess. Eventually, infinite starts waking up one by one, Dongwoo and Myungsoo being the last ones to wake up. Sungjong, Sunggyu, and Woohyun had sat down at the table with me and started a small conversation with me. Hoya, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo went out to go get their food. Myungsoo however stayed in the bunk area, not coming out to eat with the rest of us. I let out a small sigh and tried to focus on the conversation happening at the table.

Hours went by. Everytime I forced myself to go over to talk to him, my feet would stop, my body not listening to my mind. And the worst part was that neither one of us left the dorm. So it was silent until one of the members of infinite showed up and their voices filled the silence. Twelve, one, two, three, four, five. The hours kept ticking away but my feet refused to even move an inch toward him. What the hell is wrong with me? It's not like he's some sort of God that can't be touched.

I groaned in frustration and decided to just stop for the day. It was already late and I wanted to visit Jimin already. I grabbed my keys and my phone before putting on a jacket since it was starting to get cold here. Right now, Woohyun and Myungsoo were the only ones at the dorm. I hesitantly looked between the both before coming up with an idea. If he doesn't accept than I guess I'll just talk to him another time.

"Hey, I'm going to my visit my brother again. You wanna come?" I said, specifically not directing it to one of them. In other words, an open invitation for both.

Woohyun looked up from his phone and smiled. "Sure."

Woohyun got up and grabbed a jacket as well before heading over to me. I glanced over to Myungsoo who watching us quietly, not saying anything. He looked at Woohyun and then me before quietly sighing and going to his bed.

My mouth frowned and I sighed before heading out with Woohyun to my house. The walk over was filled with small talk, nothing to important but just anything to fill the air. My mind kept thinking about Myungsoo again and I had to tell myself to stop thinking about him. Since when was he allowed to occupy my mind all for himself. That jerk can't even leave my mind alone.

After our walk, we ended up reaching my house. I walked in with Woohyun following behind me. When we walked in, no one was in the living room or kitchen. Hm, I guess he decided to take a nap. And I guess auntie isn't back yet from her project.

"I guess he decided to take a nap. I'll go wake him up, you can entertain Spike over there." I said while said dog lifted his tail and started wagging.

"Come here buddy. I bet you missed your uncle Woohyun didn't you?" Woohyun said while walking over to the dog. I chuckled before heading upstairs to his room and opening the door slowly. I peeked inside the room to see him lying on the ground with his back facing me.

"Jimin?" I whispered, making sure Woohyun couldn't hear. I quietly walked into the room and closed the door but not fully. I walked over and gently shook him.

"Jimin, it's me Nari. Wake up you lazy bum."

However, Jimin didn't move nor respond. Gosh, he's just like Myungsoo. I quickly shook my head and hit it. There you go again Nari, stop thinking about him!

"Jimin, wake up." I said again while turning him over.

My face paled instantly and I gasped. There was blood coming out of Jimin's mouth, some of it dried and some fresh, and he wasn't moving at all. His skin was too white and he looked skinny.

"Oh my god, Jimin are you okay! Jimin!" I shook him again while tears were starting to form in my eyes. I put my head against his chest to listen to his heart but I didn't hear anything.

Tears were pouring out of my eyes. "PLEASE, JIMIN WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!! PLEASE!!"

My mind was going in circles and thought I might faint. My mind wondered to the only person I could think of.

"W-W-WOOHYUN! WOOHYUN, PLEASE HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP PLEASEEE!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, crying hysterically.

It didn't take long before I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Woohyun burst through the door and gasped. He quickly came right down next to me.

"What happened?!?!"

"C-CALL AN A-AMBULANCE! HE'S NOT BREATHING! HE'S NOT-" I couldn't continue before I sobbed uncontrollably.

Woohyun quickly pulled out his phone and called an ambulance while putting an arm around me, rubbing my arm.

"Yes, please we need help immediately. My friend's brother isn't breathing. Yes,....yes......ok thank you." Woohyun hung up his phone and put it on the ground next to him.

"They should be here in a couple of minutes." Woohyun said looking over to me. I couldn't stop crying and I tightly grasped Jimin's hand, refusing to let go.

"I-I can't lose him. I c-can't." I continued sobbing.

Woohyun wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me in a hug. "Shhhh, it's ok. He's going to be just fine. The ambulance is going to come and he's going to be okay." 

Woohyun kept comforting me until the ambulance arrived and the medics came in. They placed Jimin on a stretcher and started carrying him out of the house to the ambulance. Me and Woohyun followed them out of my house to the vehicle. It was already dark outside and cold, making me shiver. I quickly locked my house before turning back to the medics and hopping in the ambulance with Woohyun. The ambulance speeded down the streets and got to the hospital in a few minutes. While I was in the ambulance, I held Jimin's hand tightly while the medics started to work. They ask me what happened and I told them everything I knew.

When we reached the hospital, I exited with the medics rushing Jimin down the halls with me still holding on to his hand. I looked at Jimin's face through all the tears in my eyes. You can't leave me too Jimin, you can't. You promised me.

Doctors started coming up and asking the medics on his condition. A nurse came over and pulled me out of Jimin's hand and pushed me away.

"I'm sorry but you can't come any further."

"NO! I need to be with him! I can't leave him! He needs to be okay!"

"And the doctors will do everything in their ability to help them. Please mister, I need you to go back to the waiting room." The nurse said calmly.

"B-But I can't-"

"Jimin come on, he's going to be okay." Woohyun said while pulling me away. I kept staring at Jimin's retreating figure until the doors closed and I couldn't see him anymore. I sobbed into my hands and let Woohyun lead me to the waiting room.

He sat me down in a seat and sat down next to me, rubbing my arms and telling me is was going to be alright. For half an hour thats all we did. I cried and sat there listening to Woohyun's voice trying to soothe me. My sobs eventually turned into quite sniffles and silent tears with Woohyun never leaving my side.

The nurse from before came over after I wasn't crying like a maniac and handed me a clip board to fill out the information.

"Can I ask you relation with the patient?"

"He's my brother."

"Is your parents around to come over?" She said looking at me while I filled out the papers.

"Our parents are dead." I said. I saw Woohyun out of the corner of my eye, his face was filled with shock as his mouth was hanging open slightly. I forgot I hadn't told him about anything that had to do with the real me. Only Chanyeol, who knows pretty much everything, and Myungsoo, who knows about my parents, are the only ones who know something.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anyone else that is with you, or a guardian of some sort." She asked.

I shook my head. "We've been living by ourselves. Its- oh wait, my aunt." I said remembering her.

"Is she around?"

"No, I don't know where she is." I said while handing the information back to the nurse. She gave me a smile before sitting down in front of me and Woohyun before entering the information on her tablet. When she pulled up whatever she was looking at, I saw confusement on her face.

"You're mother is Park Jae eun and your father is Park Dae won, yes?"

I nodded my head.

"It says here that they had a son and daughter. Park Jimin, who is currently with the doctors and fits all the information like you wrote in the papers and Park Nari. There is no information of another brother. Can I ask what your name is?"

My body froze on the spot. My face had probably turned as white as a ghost. I didn't want to be here. I want time to stop and I wish I would just wake up in my small room with Jimin in the room next door. Where I was still going to school with Eunji and I had to go to work after school.

I wanted to disappear.

"I-I'm Nari." I said the loudest I could muster, which came out as a whisper.

"Oh, forgive me for thinking your a guy." The nurse said. She looked through all the documents and nodded her head. "Okay everything is sorted out, your brother will be fine in no time." She said while putting a comforting hand on my shoulder before walking away.

I sat still. I didn't have the courage to look to my right. To him. I didn't want to know what was going on in his mind, what he was thinking of me, how he felt. I wish I just went home by myself. I should of gone in the morning, who knows how long Jimin was like that for. I should of done something different, but here I am sitting next to someone from my school with my secret revealed, again.

"You can go back." I whispered, still not looking over to Woohyun. For the longest time, I didn't hear any reply, nor did he move. My mind was spinning around like a rollercoaster.

First, my fight with Myungsoo.

Then Jimin.

Now Woohyun.

I can't handle all of this at once. Auntie was wrong. Jimin was wrong. I was wrong. I thought I could do this, I thought I could be strong and get through this to help us both so we can start a better, a new, happy life with him. 

But I can't.

I'm too weak.

I'm not strong enough.

I couldn't save my parents then.

And I can't save Jimin now.

I'm helpless once again.

Tears started falling down my cheeks silently. I wish I would have just died in the car with my parents. I wish I would of just left the seatbelt on. Jimin would be taken by auntie since she could of taken one of us under our care. Everything would be better...

if I just wasn't here.

Who would of thought this is what would happen when I woke up this morning?

"I'm staying."

I very hesitantly looked over to my right to look at Woohyun even though I didn't want to. When I fully turned to look at him, he looked at me with no expression, no hint as to what he's thinking. I wiped my tears and looked back into his eyes.

"I'll be fine. You don't ha-"

"I said I'm staying." He said, his voice stern, not laughter or hint of a joke in his voice. It was the most serious I've ever seen Woohyun ever.

I looked at him nervously. After a couple of seconds, a small smile appeared on his face. I couldn't take it and I started crying again.

"I'm so sorry." I held my face down.

"For what?" Woohyun asked in confusion.

"For everything. I'm sorry I lied to you, that I tricked you. You trusted me and showed me kindness and the whole time I was lying to you. To everyone. I accused you of lying to me, accused you of lying about how you really felt when in reality, I was the one who was lying. I'm sorry, so so sorry. If you report me and want me kicked out from Woollim, I understand." I sobbed out.

This is probably the first time I cried so much in front of someone. To let someone see how I really feel on the inside. To let my walls that I built around myself come crumbling to the ground in an instant. To be so vunerable. Not even Eunji or Jimin has seen me like this. At such a low point.

But my eyes widened in shock when I felt a pair of arms wrap me in a hug. I looked up at Woohyun who just hugged me and didn't let go.

"Don't be" He whispered. "Whether your Jimin, Nari, or some other person completely, your still my friend. Just like I said before when I visited your house the first time or after dinner with Infinite the first time. I don't care how much money you have, how your house looks like your my friend because I like you for you. I didn't care then, and I don't care now that your a girl." Woohyun slowly pulled away from the hug to look at me.

"You're still my friend and I don't want you anywhere but by my side in Woollim where you belong." He said with a smile. "I just wish you would of told me instead of finding out like this."

I looked at Woohyun and looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but sincerity. My eyes were still spouting rivers and my heart raced a mile a second. I feel bad for ever doubting Woohyun, for ever thinking negatively of him because he's one of the best friends I could ask for.

"Thank you." I said with the little voice I had left.

"Don't wory about it, you can tell me everything later." He said while smiling at me.

Woohyun pulled me into another hug and I rested my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and sat wrapped in his arms, not wanting to be with anyone else but Woohyun. And we stayed like that all night long, sitting in the waiting room waiting for news on Jimin in the empty hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Ohhh, Woohyun now knows Nari's secret. What's gonna happen now with Woollim and what happened to Jimin???? :) Thank you guys so much for reading my story. I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to subscribe and comment, I love seeing what you guys say. Thank you again for reading!!!