Chapter 3

You're who now?

Nari's POV: 

Finally the school day came to an end. I was tired and wanted to sleep but I knew I couldn't. I had to go to work. I bid my goodbye to Eunji and started my walk to my job. I passed by many of the school students once again. The prestigious schools started school a little later in the year than the normal schools here. Guess it's a bonus for the rich kids. Tch, like they need it. 

When I got to the little shop, I went to the back and greeted the owner. He gave me a nod and small smile while I got my apron and put my hair into a ponytail. I basically just sweep the floors and clean the area, put the items on their shelves and sometimes interact with the customers and help them pay for their belongings. But in reality, I just do whatever I can to make more money, even though it might be a couple dollars more. The shop I work at isn't the best either, it didn't make a lot of money, but it's the only place that would hire me. Thus, I am where I am right now. 

As I was sweeping, a group of students came over to the shop, probably getting a snack or something. I went to go up to the students but stopped in my tracks when I saw who the students were. More like one in particular. 

"I guess luck isn't on my side."

Of course that boy that I ran into had to come into the shop I work at. Like really, out of all the shops on this street he comes to this one, the rundown looking one instead of the nicer ones. Looks like he brought friends too, 6 to be exact. Ugh I don't need this right now. 

While they were looking at the foods items at the front, I slowly and quietly sweeped my way to the back of the store, watching them to make sure they don't see me, especially him. I put my head down and turned sideways so they couldn't tell who I was. 

"Woohyun, what do you want?" one boy said out loud.

"I don't know, they don't have much or anything appetizing. Tell me again why we came here?"

So that was his name, Woohyun. Jerk.

"Let's just go, there's nothing here" a mysterious looking guy said. I couldn't really make out what he looked like since I was all the way in the back. 

"Hey don't get mad at me, it was Dongwoo's dumb idea to come here" Woohyun said to the mysterious guy.

"YAA I heard that" I'm guessing the one named Dongwoo said. 

As soon as they were about to leave, my eyes locked with that mysterious looking guy. I quickly turned away from him, hoping not to draw any attention to myself. The last thing I need is for the Woohyun guy to realize I'm here. He simply just smirked and walked off with the rest of his friends. 

"That was close." I continued to work around the shop. I helped out a few customers and kept the place clean and tidy. When I looked at the clock, I saw it was six o'clock. 

"Nari, you should go home it's getting late" the owner said to me. 

"But I really need the money this week sir. Can't I work a little longer?"

He sighed and gave in. He knew my situation and at times was nice enough to give extra to me when we were really running low on food and other necessities 

I stayed for an hour and half longer, and ran home. It was 7:30 and I need to make Jimin some food for dinner.

When I got home and opened the door, I saw Jimin sitting on a chair staring at the wall. I mean there really isn't anything else to do. We don't have tv's or phones to keep us busy. What else are you gonna do right? But just seeing him like that made my heart sink a little more. I didn't want this to be our life. 

I remember when we were kids we would always play together. We would always wrestle and play with toys cars and what not. I was never into any of those girly things, being as though I only had a brother to play with. We would play together all day long until our parents would tell us to come eat. We would just smile all and play all day with no worries in the world. Every time I think back, I can never believe it ended up like this. How things just went so wrong.

"Helllloooooo, earth to Nari are you there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to see my brother now in front of me, waving his arms like a lunatic. 

"Yeah I'm here, stop acting like a doofus" I joked at him. 

"Hey I'm not the one staring off into space looking like a doofus" he smirked. 

I rolled my eyes and started to heat up the left over pasta we've been eating for dinner these past few days. 

"Oh I already ate Nari. You don't need to cook me anything." 

"You cooked. Yourself?" 

"I may have a heart condition but that doesn't mean I can't cook for myself. I'm not completely helpless you know." 

"Yea sure." 

"YAAA!" 

I laughed and continued making pasta for myself. I finished and sat down at the table while Jimin sat down at the table across from me. 

"No homework" he asked me.

"Nope finished it in school" I smiled at him.

He then became a little serious. He looked like he wanted to tell me something but didn't know if he should. 

"Is everything alright Jimin?"

"This came in the mail today." He took out envelopes and put them on the table. I realized they were the application forms for the university, saying if I got in or not. "I didn't open them if your wondering, but don't get upset if you don't get in. You probably will though since your a smarty like mom."

I let out a light chuckle and took the envelopes from him. There were only four of them. I started to sweat a little and became really nervous. I need to get into one of the schools. I need to. I picked up the first letter and turned it over. 

"Well here goes nothing."