Chapter 22

You're who now?

Nari

I finished eating my lunch with Myungsoo before heading off to the rest of my classes. The rest of the day went by rather quickly and the school day had finished. Students piled out of classrooms and people were rushing through the hallways. I saw students with huge grins on their faces talking to each other about something going down.

"No way, it's today this year?"

"Yeah, they moved the date earlier this year. Can't wait to see the lovely new faces that will appear."

"I can't wait!"

I eyed the groups of boys talking amongst themselves as I passed them. *What was that all about?* Nevertheless, i continued walking to the dorms, thinking of the homework I had to finish

I opened the dorm room to be greeted by Dongwoo sitting on the couch watching tv by himself since no one else had reached the dorm yet. I flung my backpack off and sat down next to him seeing as though I haven't really talked to him in awhile.

"Hey, what's up?"

He smiled at me with all his teeth showing. "Nothing much, just watching tv."

"Doesn't that get boring after awhile?"

"Yeah but I just started watching."

I nodded my head in response and started to my backpack. I pulled out all the books I needed to start my homework and pulled out a pen. While I was doing this, Dongwoo was staring at me very strangely. I only realised when I went I started flipping the pages in my book.

"Uh, is there a problem?"

"What are you doing?"

I looked down at my books and back at him, seeing as though it was obvious. "Homework. What does it look like?"

"You start as soon as you get back from classes?"

"Yeah, I'd rather get it over with."

"Huh." Dongwoo seemed to be contemplating in his head on what he thought of such 'wierd' actions. I rolled my eyes and started my work while he was still deep in thought. "Well, you are the smart one!"

I shook my head while Dongwoo got up and grabbed his bag, pulling out all his books right next to mine. Since I was doing my math homework first, Dongwoo pulled out his math homework and looked at me expectingly. Although were not in the same class, we have the same course.

"What?"

"Wanna help me?" He pleaded while doing his best pouting face. I looked over to him with my hard glare while he still tried to act cute. He started putting up peace signs and whining in a high pitched voice. *Oh Dongwoo, if only you weren't so nice.*

"Ugh, fine. But I'm not doing it. I'm simply helping you figure it out so you can do it yourself."

"Good enough for me!"

I started to explain the lesson we learned to him in a more simpler way that was easier to understand and helped him throughout the first five problems. He seemed to be getting the hang of it so I went back to doing my own homework. However, I didn't miss the sly glances he stole from my paper time to time. But I let it slide since he was actually doing his homework, unlike someone else.

"Oh Dongwoo, do you know what's going on later today?" I asked remembering all the wierd smiles and talk going amongst the students.

"Later today...umm..not really sure. Why somethings happening today?"

"I just heard students talking today about something happening later and 'seeing new faces' later on."

His face looked confused. I shrugged and started to finish my math homework.

"Oh wait! I think I might know but they moved it earlier this year I guess. The~"

The door swung open reveiling Woohyun and Myungsoo talking to themselves and laughing. I waved to them while they came up to us.

"JIMINNN! What. Is. Up?" Woohyun screeched while flailing his arms around in wired motions.

"The ceiling."

He glared at me while I chuckled. "I hate people like you." He said before walking off into the bathroom.

I chuckled. *He's such a idiot.* I glanced back down at my work and jumped when 5 books slapped right on my books.

"You know the deal." Myungsoo said while smirking and walking off into the bunk area. I glared at his retreating figure silenty cursing for him to trip and fall. I stopped when I heard Dongwoo chuckling beside me.

"What?"

"Trying to cast a voodoo spell on him?"

I laughed along with him. "I wish."

Woohyun emerged from the bathroom and sat down on the couch between me and Dongwoo. "What is going on here. Dongwoo, your actually doing your homework before you only have an hour to finish it?" Me and Woohyun erupted into laughter while Dongwoo turned red from embarassment, looking away. Woohyun looked at all the work on the table and noticed my work out on it too. He eyes widened like saucers.

"WAIT A MINUTE! YOUR HELPING HIM AND YOU REFUSE TO HELP ME! AND ON TOP YOU'RE DOING MYUNGSOO'S TOO! I WANT IN TOO! WHY DO YOU HATE MEE?!?!?"

Honestly, if there was an award for the biggest drama queen, the award would go to Woohyun.

"Woohyun, stop yelling. I don't hate you."

"Then why do you always refuse me, huh. You biased toward Dongwoo and Myungsoo, huh. Is that it!"

"No Woohyun," I laughed, "Dongwoo asked for my help and gave him help but you see, he's the one doing his homework not me. He's actually doing the problems unlike that lazy Myungsoo."

"I HEARD THAT!" Myungsoo yelled from the other room.

"GOOD!" I yelled back.

"Well, can you help me then?" Woohyun asked similarly like how Dongwoo asked.

"I'd love to, but I already got a lot on my plate as you can see" I replied pointing to the boatload of books on the table.

"I see how it is. Don't think I won't remember this!" He said while walking off into a different room. I smiled to myself watching him mumble angrily to himself. *It's too much fun to tease you Woohyun*

 

My eyes opened and I found myself still on the couch with my books scattered all around me. I looked around and saw that no one was in the dorm and that all of Dongwoo's stuff that was beside me had now vanished. *Huh, where did everyone go?*

I groggily rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up. *Oh ya, I said I was gonna take a short nap to the guys* I picked up my phone and looked at the time.

*WHAT! IT"S 6:30 ALREADY! I SLEPT FOR OVER THREE HOURS!* My eyes instantly shot open and looked at all the school work I had. I only had a few question left on my last subject but I still had to do Myungsoo's. *Ugh, this is why you should stop taking naps, Nari.*

I finished the remainder of my questions that I had left before packing all my books back in my bag and checking my phone for any updates. As I was scrolling through my phone, there was a knock on the door. Without looking, I yelled "It's open!"

The door swung open and in came a familiar tall boy. "Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much, what are you doing here Chanyeol."

Chanyeol came over and sat down next to me. "Just seeing what you were up to. I didn't see you after school and I was bored."

"Chanyeol, you're always bored."

He laughed and we continued to sit in comfortable silence. I was leaning up against him, back to scrolling through my phone, while Chanyeol just closed his eyes and rested. It felt like we stayed like that for hours when in reality it was probably like five minutes. We snapped out of our silence when an annoucement was made throughout the school.

"Students! At this time, I'd like to welcome you all to the field for our annual school meeting with the regular's. And try not to get out of hand this time shall we." The speaker said with chuckling before it ended.

I stared at Chanyeol, confused. "What? What does he mean?"

Chanyeol stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. "I guess you'll just have to come and see for yourself."

I pouted and puffed my hair out of my eyes while Chanyeol smiled and pulled me out the dorm. Once we stepped out of the dorms, there was hundreds of students in the hallway all flocking to the field. My eyes grew wide at how many people were just in this one hallway and more than that: all of them were dressed up. Not to dressy, but very stylish making them look ten times better than they already were. I gulped and tried to contain myself.

"Can we just stay?" I asked while pulling Chanyeol's arm. He laughed and continued to drag me into the sea of good looking guys. I looked down at my oufit which was a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans and grew even more self-consicious than I already was. I looked liked a hobo compared to everyone, even Chanyeol and he wasn't even that dressed up to begin with. 

"Ugh, what even is this? I feel so out of place right now and I can't see anything." I said trying to see through the crowd of trees. Chanyeol once again laughed at me and pulled me closer to him so I wouldn't get lost.

"I would put you on my shoulder's but we might get wierd looks" he said while smiling. I rolled my eyes and smiled too.

"Yeah, that's the last thing I need right now."

With much effort, Chanyeol managed to squeeze us to the front of the crowd out on the field. We also managed to end up near his friend Baekhyun. He gave me a smile that made me melt on the inside seeing as how nice he looked right now. I scanned the entire field and tried seeing if infinite was hear, although I didn't see them. Though, they were probably somewhere.

The sound of a mic being tapped sounded throughout the field and all the students turned their attention to the principal. 

"Hello students. Thank you for coming out tonight as we have our annual meeting with the other school. I remind you fellas to be nice to the new students there and make them fell welcome like you always do and look foward to the dance. You may greet the old and new faces of Sm once again!"

*SM? WHAT?*

At that moment a group a girls as big as the groups of guys here started walking toward us while the boys did the same. There was tables set out all over the field and some food laid out on tables as well. Some students ran up to each other and greeted each other like old friends while some casually went up and sat down at tables with new friends.

"Chanyeol, what is going on?"

"Our annual meeting with the Sm boarding school. We always do it for the dances the school holds."

"There's a dance coming up?"

"In a few weeks for the starting of school."

I nodded my head while I still kept a death grip on Chanyeol's wrist not wanting to get lost. He chuckled and walked me through the crowd once again.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you" He smiled.

I smiled, turning away since my face was turning red from embarassment. However, my mind completey snapped when I remembered something. *EUNJI GOES TO SM. SHE MUST BE HERE.*

I whipped my phone out of my pocket and texted Eunji as fast as I could 'where are you' and sent it. And at the same time I received a text from Eunji that said the same exact thing. I laughed out loud seeing how were basically the same. Chanyeol gave me a wierd look and tried to see what I was looking at. Before I could reply, Eunji did first saying she was sitting down at one of the back tables. I looked over to Chanyeol and smiled widely while he eyed me suspiciously.

"How fast can you get us to the tables in the back?"

His face turned into a smirk and grabbed hold of my hand tighter while pulling me through the seas of students. We were bumping into so many people, some who gave us nasty looks, but I couldn't stop laughing because Chanyeol was literally a bulldozer, moving anyone who was in the way out of the way. In a record breaking time, we managed to reach the back section where there wasn't as many students.

"So how was that?" Chanyeol asked, panting a little.

"Very excellent my bodyguard. You've been promoted." I said laughing. He slung his arm around my shoulders and started walking.

"So why did you want to come to the back?"

"Because my~ EUNJIIIII!!!!!!" I screamed and ran toward her leaving Chanyeol confused. Eunji heard me and squeaked too, running up to me. I hugged her while she started jumping up and down.

"OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!"

"ME EITHER. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN SO LONG!" I squeaked.

Eunji grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit down at the table she was sitting at before. "Oh my god, I didn't even recognize you for a second with your hair and clothes. Wow, you can really pull off the pretty boy look Nari."

"Oh, call me Jimin not Nari anymore" I said in a hushed voiced. She winked and put up an okay sign with her fingers before giggling, me joining in after.

"I can't believe you go here and get to see these many hot guys. How do you not lose control" She sighed looking at all the guys around her.

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm not that obessed with boys like how you are."

Eunji pouted while crossing her arms in a playful manner. "I'm not that obsessed."

"Okay, whatever you say." I rolled my eyes. She punched my arm to which we both laughed.

"Um, excuse me?"

I stopped laughing and turned around to see Chanyeol standing there with his hand behind his neck. *Oops, I forgot about Chanyeol* I akwardly smiled and stood up and grabbed another chair. "Sorry, uh Eunji this is my friend Chanyeol, Chanyeol this is my bestie Eunji." Chanyeol bowed to her while Eunji stared at him like he was a god. She shyly bowed to him before Chanyeol sat down at the table with us. I looked over to Eunji who put up another okay hand symbol underneath the table while winking and nodding her head. I rolled my eyes and laughed again. *She's gonna drool over everyone at this school at this rate.*

"So how did you meet Nar- JIMIN! I meant Jimin." Eunji asked Chanyeol while she gave me worried eyes at her slip up.

"Don't worry Eunji, he's the only one who knows about it." I told her. Her face immediately relaxed while Chanyeol smiled and puffed out his chest like he was all high and mighty knowing my secret. I shook my head. *What a wierdo.*

"Well I met your friend here the first time HE came into the school. I showed him around the school and we have classes together so yeah" he said emphasizing that I was a guy. "How do you know him?" He asked her back.

"Well if you didn't hear before, JIMIN," she looked at me and smirked, "are besties. Me and him go way back to when we were little." She said crossing her arms and smirking acting like she's the high and mighty one now since she knows me longer. I laughed at their little competition.

"Well Jimin and I are really close friends and I see him everyday" Chanyeol retored while narrowing his eyes.

Eunji narrowed her eyes as well. "Well Jimin and I have seen each other almost everyday for years on end."

"Well Jimin and I..."

They kept on bickering back and forth on who was better than the other but it was playful. Eventually they stopped bickering and we all just talked and hanged out enjoying each others company.

"Honestly, I think I'm going to take you to the dance Jimin." Eunji said.

I laughed. "Please do. I don't really want to take another girl to this dance or get asked."

"Hey, what about me? I'll take you to the dance" Chanyeol pouted at me.

"Chanyeol, have you forgotten I'm a guy?"

"Oh, well, that- you- ughhh" Chanyeol groaned.

Me and Eunji laughed at him while he sulked away. "But I don't like having to go ask someone else or go with someone else" He mumbled the last part which I didn't hear.

"Well who did you go with last year?"

"Some random girl I found last minute. And I didn't even stay with her the whole night because she was snobby." I pouted and put a hand on his back.

"Aww, well you'll just have to find someone else now won't you." Chanyeol glared at me while me and Eunji laughed again.

"WAIT!" Chanyeol sprung up startling me, "why don't you just go to the dance as a girl, which you really are might I add."

"Chanyeol, as much as I'd rather have to not pretend, that is too risky and I will have to decline your offer."

Chanyeol sunk in his seat again with a pout back on his face. "Dont worry Chanyeol, you'll find someone" Eunji said to him in a baby voice.

"Easy for you to say, you already have someone." He grumbled. I laughed and we all started to talk again, although Chanyeol was being a baby and making smartass remarks since he was upset. I swear, he's a 5 year old in that 6 foot tall body. As we chatted away, the night grew darker but they just lamp light throughout the field.

"I can't believe that this is like happening. Like out of all the~" Eunji stopped talking abruptly with hanging wide open.

"What?" I gave her a confused look. I followed her eye path and turned around to see a guy standing right behind me with a smirk.

"Hey, creep."

I looked back to Eunji, who was still in the same postion, and Chanyeol before turning back to speak.

"Hey, L, what are you doing here?"

"Got bored and lost the rest of infinite so here I am" he said while grabbing a chair and putting it right next to me and Chanyeol. I nodded my head in understanding when I felt a kick to my leg and winced in pain. "OW." I looked over to Eunji who was staring at me intently as if pleading me to introduce her to him. L and Chanyeol looked at me in confusion to which i just laughed akwardly. 

"Uh, right, L this is my friend Eunji and Eunji this is my friend and roomate L."

She looked at me with wide eyes while mouthing roomate in disbelief. She bowed her head to L while L returned it slightly. 

"So is that like your real name or.." Eunji attempted to start a conversation.

"No." he quickly replied.

"So whats your real name, if you don't mind me asking."

"I rather not say." He replied. My lips curved upward remembering me asking the same thing. Eunji looked at me in confusion.

"Hey don't look at me. He's my roomate and even I don't know his real name" I said playing along since I guess that's what Myungsoo wants. I saw Myungsoo's lip curve up and slightly chuckle to himself. 

Eunji tried to get to know Myungsoo more but he kept giving short, kinda cold, answers. But I mean, he's definitely being more nice to her than he was when he first met me, that's for sure. Eventually, Myungsoo got a text from Woohyun telling him to meet up with him and some girls he's been flirting with (that greasy Woohyun). Myungsoo sighed and got up from his chair. "I'll be right back. Hopefully."

I chuckled and saw his figure disappear into the students. I turned back to Eunji who looked like she was in a state of shock. I waved my hand in front of her and snapped it before she blinked and looked at me, breaking into a wide smile.

"OH MY GOD, NA-JIMIN HE'S SO GORGEOUS! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT HIM BEFORE!!" She squealed. I rolled my eyes.

"Cause he was a real jerk when I first met him. He's better, but still jerky."

"OMG AND HE'S YOUR ROOMATE. YOU MUST BE THE LUCKIEST PERSON ALIVE!" she continued on. 

"Yeah, ok." I said sarcastically.

"He's not that handsome." Chanyeol mumbled to himself.

"Aww, your handsome too Chanyeol, but HE IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS" Eunji told him to which Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Please can you ask him if he'll go with me to the dance. Please! Please! Pleaseee!" She wined to me.

"WHAT, I thought we were going?"

"But did you even see his face, come on Nari, help a sister out." She pleaded.

I chuckled at her desperateness. "Jimin, but what am I supposed to then. I certainly do not want to go with another girl here" I said looking at all the girls on the field. I could tell that they were much more stuck up then the guys were or at least expressed it more openly.

"Well just do what Chanyeol said, come as a girl. You still have that wig right?"

Hearing Eunji, Chanyeol's ears perked up and he fully started agreeing with Eunji and started talking together on how smart they are. *Glad to see them being close.* I rolled my eyes and laughed. Eunji turned back to me and started pleading once again.

"Oh please, pleaseeeeeee."

"Yes, you know this is a great plan" Chanyeol said while jumping in with Eunji. Finally after there non-stop pleading I gave in because how could I say no to my best friends.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! I'll ask but Eunji, don't be suprised if he says no, he's still a jerk and cold to people, especially new people. And Chanyeol, I sware you better plan this thing out like a james bond mission so nothing can mess up and no one will find out. Also you'll probably have to stay away from friends because I don't want anyone recognizing me."

"OF COURSE BESTIE! AND IF HE DOES SAY NO THEN I'LL TAKE YOU BACK!" She said while blowing a kiss while I rolled my eyes. "But please try your hardest and make him say yes."

"Please I am the asian James Bond. Nothing will get discovered and even if L says no, I'm still taking you and that's final. You'll have to find someone else." Chanyeol said while pointing at Eunji to which she swatted away playfully.

"The things I do for people." I said to myself. The next moment Chanyeol and Eunji came up to me and wrapped their arms around me squeezing me tight.

"THANK YOUUU!!" They both yelled.

And I found myself geniuely happy squeezed between two of my best friends.