Chapter 37

You're who now?

Nari

Every thing was in slow motion. People gave me weird looks as I rushed passed them, giving them no second glance. The ground was spinning around me and I didn't have time to process anything else. I boarded a bus with the money I still had left over from my aunt and sat down at a seat, trying to control my nerves. I kept playing with my fingers and shaking in my seat back and forth. Some people were staring at me but I couldn't care less. Jimin was the only thing on my mind.

When the bus pulled to a stop, I jumped out of it and started running once again. I ran a full two blocks before I reached the hospital, wasting no time and going inside. There were people and doctors and nurses everywhere, being a lot more busier than last time. I rushed through and headed straight toward the elevator, pushing the 5th floor as soon as I stepped on. Evey floor that passed on the screen, the more anxious I got. Please be okay.

With the final ding of the elevator, the doors opened up to the fifth floor. Ushering from the small box, I rushed down the halls looking for the correct room number.

338

339

340

341

My feet came to a hault and I burst through the door. There was a nurse in the room standing beside Jimin with a clipboard and my aunt at the side with her head down, not moving an inch.

Was I too late?

Tears started to block my vision as my legs started to give way. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at the sight anymore. Pain etched threw my heart to every part of my body, making it hard to focus on anything. As soon as I was about to collapse, a voice that I missed for so long echoed through my ears.

"You know, it would be nice if you came over and greeted your only brother."

My eyes shot open and I saw Jimin there with his eyes barely open giving me a tiny smile. The water from my eyes wouldn't stop falling and I broke out into a smile, rushing over to him and wrapping my arms around him. His arms weakly wrap themselves around me and all I felt was this huge weight lifted off of my chest. I felt as though I could finally breathe normally again.

I pulled back and stared at him in happiness, knowing he's finally awake. Jimin's hand reached up and wiped away the tears stained on my face but a few still kept falling.

"I thought I lost you." I croaked out.

"Even if I did go, I'd still always be with you."

I looked over to my aunt who still was lying down, making me assume she was sleeping. I turned back to Jimin and gave him another smile as I couldn't contain it anymore.

"Are you the sister of Jimin?"

My head spun around and I realized it was the nurse speaking to me. "Yes."

"Oh, well Jimin is doing fine right now but I'll have the doctor come in shortly in case you have any questions."

"Thank you, I'd appreciate it."

The nurse gave me a smile before walking out of the room, leaving us alone. I turned my attention back to Jimin who still had that tiny smile on his face. "I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Last time I checked, I was in our house and when I wake up, I'm here. How did I get here again?"

I chuckled a bit. "Well, I was the one that found you." My face hardened as the memory of Jimin lying on the ground with blood coming from his mouth entered my mind. I stared back up at him in confusement and somewhat anger. "What happened to you? Why didn't you tell me anything? If I hadn't come home that day, you could've of been dead for all I know. Why didn't you tell me anything, Jimin!?"

He gave out a sigh and looked down. "I didn't want to worry you-"

"Worry me!?! Because coming home finding you practically dead is less worrisome than telling me you're not feeling alright!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I really am and I don't want you to ever feel that way again but you have to focus on school. I'd just be a distraction."

"Jimin, when will you get it through your head that you are more important than any school, job, or thing in life to me. Every thing else is the distraction."

Jimin gave me another hug as I felt the tears again. But I was done crying. There was no reason for me to cry anymore. I had cried too much already and now, Jimin is awake. It's time move on from all that.

"I'm sorry."

"Just don't ever do it again, okay?"

"Okay."

I pulled back and lightly flicked his forehead, making him glare. Our laughter echoed throughout the room, waking my aunt up.

She had drool coming out of the side of and her hair was dishelved. I quietly snickered as I saw her eyes widen upon my presence. "Nari, your back! Did you leave school early? I hope I didn't interrupt something did I?"

"Nothing important."

"Oh, well thats good. Are you planning on staying here for awhile?"

"Yeah, why?"

She stood up from her chair and grabbed her purse. "Because I have to go back to my house and get some more clean clothes. I'm on my last pair right now."

I chuckled and nodded my head. She walked over to the door and looked back. "I'll be back soon."

I waved goodbye as she left the room. However, when she left the door opened and revealed the doctor coming into the room.

"Hello Nari. How's everything?"

"Good now." I said looking at Jimin.

He smiled and came up to the bed. "Well, Jimin is doing fine now. I don't know if your aunt told you but he had a seizure when he woke up, which is normal and can happen sometimes." I nodded my head as he continued. "Now I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but you remember what I told you before right? Jimin may be fine as of now, but I strongly suggest you get the surgery done so nothing like this will happen again in the future. His heart is still weak and something like this could happen again if not taken care of."

I nodded my head in understanding, even though I didn't like it.

"Well, that's all the news I can give you. But please do enjoy your time with your brother. If everything is stable for the next few days, he can be discharged by next week."

"Thank you doctor." I said while bowing a full 90 degrees.

"Of course." He walked back out of the room, the closing of the door echoing throughout the room. Relief washed over me but within that wave, there was still that doubt. That worry. That fear that still lingered on admist every thing that could only be rid of when Jimin gets the surgery he needs. Because until then, nothing is for certain.

"I have another question."

I looked back to Jimin. "What now?"

"Where did this come from?" He held up his wrist and showed me the bracelet with the moon charm on it, making me smile. He broke out into a smile as well. "It was you wasn't it?"

"It reminded me of you."

"Well, everytime I look at it, it'll remind me of you."

"I love you Jimin." I said hugging him once more. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"I love you too."

I sat down on the chair, pulling it up right next to the bed and just talked to Jimin for the next few minutes. But if felt like hours. It made me realize how important simple moments like these are. Nothing fancy or extravagent, just talking to him in a room. But he's here and that all that matters. It's the moments like these that stay in your brain for the rest of your life and are the moments that have much more meaning to them.

I got up from my chair and headed over to the table at the other side, grabbing a snack and tossing it to Jimin. Just like last time, there wasn't anything too appetizing but it'll have to do. When I started heading back to my seat, the door burst open again making me jump.

I turned around and my eyes went wide. "What are you doing-"

A pair of arms engulfed me, cutting me off from my sentence. Woohyun hugged me tight before backing away, placing his hands on my shoulders and inspecting me. "Are you alright? Are you feeling okay? Nothing happened right? You're not upset are you? Please don't be upset."

"Woah, slow down. I'm okay, really. Every thing is fine now. How are you even here? The midterm-"

Woohyun cut me off again by hugging me once more letting out a sigh of relief. His grip was tight, as usual, but I felt his body relax. "That doesn't matter. I would of failed anyway." I heard him say into my shoulder causing me to laugh. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a slight pat on the back.

"Uh-hem."

I broke away and turned back to Jimin clearing his throat. He looked between me and Woohyun, giving me a suspicious glance. My cheeks had a faint pink on them as Jimin eyed Woohyun up and down.

"You're the boy from before, Woohyun right?"

"Yes, it's nice to meet you again, Jimin." Woohyun said bowing to him.

Jimin's eyes went wide and he stared at me. "Uh, you mean Sooyoung right."

Woohyun lifted his head and looked back at me with Jimin doing the same. "Oh yeah. He, uh, knows everything Jimin. We don't have to pretend in front of him."

If Jimin's eyes were already wide, now they were twice the size. He stared between me and Woohyun, worry etching on to his face. He looked back to Woohyun and spoke nervously. "You're not gonna tell anyone, right?"

"No, of course not. My lips have been sealed from the moment I found out."

"Well they better stay that way. Now I have a favor to ask of you."

Woohyun looked at Jimin confused. "What's that?"

"I'm going to need you to take two steps away from my sister. And not tiny steps."

"Jimin!" Leave it to him to embarass me.

Woohyun chuckled akwardly but nevertheless, followed my brothers orders. I went over to Jimin and flicked his forehead once more. I sat down in my seat while Woohyun pulled a chair up to the other side of the bed, as directed by Jimin again. I shook my head but we all continued to talk together enjoying ourselves.

"So how did you know I was here?"

"Well after you left during the midterm-"

"YOU LEFT WHILE YOU WERE TAKING A MIDTERM!" Jimin looked at me as if I'd gone crazy.

"Yes! Now will you be quiet, I'm trying to listen to Woohyun." 

Jimin shook his head and I motioned for Woohyun to continue.

"Right, so after you left, everyone was whispering to each other on what just happened and the teacher was trying to get everyone to go back to the test. He went over to your desk and picked up your test putting it away so I assume that like you said, he just going to grade it as is."

I gulped but knew I only could blame myself. Not looking foward to my math grade this time.

"As he was trying to settle everyone down, I stood up and excused myself as well. It was quite funny actually, he looked like he was going to tie ropes to me to make me stay but I quickly rushed out of the room before he could say something. I didn't know where you were but I decided on checking to the dorms first. Oh yeah, I forgot, Myungsoo left too."

"What!?!"

"Yeah, I entered the dorm to see if you were there and a few minutes later he came in too. But don't worry, he actually finished his test. Anyway, after I didn't see you in the dorm, I started thinking of all the places you could of gone that were so important, you didn't even finish your test. the only thing I could think of was here. And I was right."

"How did you know she would be here?" Jimin asked him, still confused.

"He was with me when I found you. He helped me through that week when I was here."

Jimin nodded his head in understanding and looked back to Woohyun. "Well, thank you for taking care of my sister when I couldn't."

"It's not a problem."

"Wait, so what happened to Myungsoo?" I asked Woohyun.

"You know, I'm not too sure. I might of said you could be at the hospital but I didn't see him-"

As if on cue, the door opened and revealed Myungsoo coming in. He looked between all of us before coming over closer. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I came to see Sooyoung. I got a text saying he woke up."

I looked at Jimin and he nodded his head, playing along. "You're Myungsoo right? We've met once before correct?"

Myungsoo bowed and nodded."Yes, I'm a friend of Jimin."

"I see you got some very caring friends Jimin." Jimin said looking over at me.

"I do. But seriously, you guys didn't have to stop in the middle of the midterm to see me."

"And have you say you just needed to use the bathroom. Yeah, I don't think so." Myungsoo said coming over and sitting right next to me.

I laughed but turned to look at him confused. "How did you find us?"

"Woohyun's not that hard to follow. He just got on the elevator before I did so I had to search the whole fifth floor when I saw that's where the elevator stopped."

I rolled my eyes. "Both of you are such creeps, you know that."

Myungsoo flicked my head making me swat his hand away. We both ended up laughing but I was being completely serious. Like he needs to work on be less of a creep.

"Uh-hem."

I rolled my eyes again and turned to look at Jimin. "What now?"

Once again he eyed me supsciously but now it was also Myungsoo under scrutiny. He looked between the both of us and tried to communicate to me using just his eyes. "Nothing." He said eyeing Myungsoo.

We spent the rest of the time talking once more. And it was enjoyable. Well it was when Jimin was interogating Woohyun and Myungsoo. He was trying to find out everything he could about them, making me shake my head. But he was definitely set on Woohyun, seeing as though he knows my secret. However, Myungsoo and Woohyun didn't seem to notice it and kept talking to him comfortably. We ended up talking for a good hour or more.

After a while, the door opened once more revealing my aunt who seemed suprised. "Oh, you have some guests don't you." The room was becoming more packed by the minute.

"I guess we'll be going now." I said to her, getting up from my chair.

"Oh take your time, I'm going to go to the bathroom." She said putting her things down and walking out again. I looked over to Woohyun and Myungsoo, motioning for them to come along. They stood up and said goodbye to Jimin before following me.

"Jimin?"

I turned around and looked at Jimin. "Yeah."

"Can I speak to you for a second." 

"Sure what is it?"

Jimin looked back at Myungsoo and Woohyun before turning back to me. "Uh, alone."

"Oh." I turned back to the two behind me but they nodded their heads.

"Don't worry, we'll wait for you outside." Woohyun said and followed Myungsoo out the door. When the door closed, I turned back to Jimin and sat down on the bed.

"So what's up."

"School's going good right?"

"Yup."

"And Woohyun is the only one who knows right?"

"Well Chanyeol knows too." I said quietly.

Jimin's eyes bugged out. "Chanyeol!? Who's Chanyeol?"

"I told you this before. It's just him and Woohyun okay."

He sighed and nodded. "You know I can see it."

"See what?"

"How much they care about you."

"I know. I'm really lucky I have them as friends and not jerks."

"Nari, you're pretty oblivious aren't you."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He sighed and shook his head with a smile. "Not just any friend reacts that way when something happens to someone."

I narrowed my eyes at him, not getting what he's trying to tell me. "Jimin, enough of the hidden codes. What are you trying to say?"

"Let me ask you this, and you have to be completely honest okay?"

"Okay?" I said confusedly.

He looked at me straight in the eyes. "Do you like any of them?"

My eyes grew wide and my cheeks became rose. "What!? What are you talking about oppa? They're my friends."

"But do you like one more than a friend?"

"What! No, of course not!"

"You're cheeks are telling me otherwise." He said smirking at me.

"Only because you're embarassing me! Not because I like one of them."

"Well is it someone else besides those two. Some other guy or what's his name, Chanyeol?"

"Oppa!! NO!"

 He started laughing while my face was probably as red as a tomato. "Well, whoever, you tell everyone that they have to stay 3 feet away from you at all times. Brother's orders."

"You're so dramatic."

"Only because I love you."

I smiled and hugged him once more tightly. "I love you too Jimin."

He broke away and smiled at me, pushing a strand of hair out of my face. "I guess I better let you go before they come barging in."

I smiled and laughed. "I'll visit soon. I'll see you later."

"See you soon."

I got up from the bed and started heading toward the door.

"And remember, a 3 foot radius between you and everyone at that school!!"

I laughed and rolled my eyes before opening the door and heading out. Once I got out, I saw Woohyun and Myungsoo standing against the opposite wall waiting for me. Myungsoo came up to me with Woohyun following behind him. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

The three of us went back to the dorms by bus. The sun was starting to set and I figured we could go to the park some other time so we just went in the dorms and called it a night. Since it was the last midterm, everyone had two weeks off starting Monday which is just what I needed. Students had the weekend to pack up their things and head back home to spend time with their families. But, seeing as though Jimin was in the hospital and probably wouldn't be discharged until the end of the week, I was staying at the dorms.

Chanyeol had said that he was going to be going home so I knew I wouldn't be seeing him. I figured all of infinite was going to their families too since they were packing on the weekend too. When I went down the halls, I saw many students with suitcases making me realize that I'm practically going to be all alone this week. Not many people were staying but that just means I have the whole school to myself, which isn't a bad thing. In fact, it is a good thing because I can relax and not have to worry about school or being "Jimin" or any other person. I have time to be myself.

Currently, I was sitting down on the couch in our dorm, staring up at the ceiling. Dongwoo and Sungyeol had already left since they lived farther out and Hoya and Sungjong were getting ready to leave. I bid my farewell to them and played with a tiny basketball, throwing it up and down.

"What are you doing."

I turned to look at Sunggyu and shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing."

He came over and sat down on the other couch. "You're staying here right?"

"Yup. When are you leaving?"

Sunggyu looked at his watch before replying. "In about an hour."

"Oh. Well hope you have fun with your family. I'll have fun with myself"

He chuckled. "Thanks but you won't be too lonely."

I stopped throwing the ball upward and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Don't you know? Myungsoo's staying too."

"He is? Why?"

"He always does. Doesn't like going back home."

I grew confused. He had taken me to his house but then I could assume why. I know he hasn't told me anything but there is obviously something going on between him and his parents. Or at least with his dad. It's too bad though, his brother really seemed upset when we started leaving.

"Well I'm going to start heading out. I'll see you in two weeks." Sunggyu said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to him and waved. "Two weeks."

His body disappeared behind the door and I got up to go to the kitchen. I decided on making some popcorn and finding a movie to watch. I went into one of the cabinets and pulled out a bag of popcorn before putting it in the microwave and setting the time. As I waited, I scrolled through the channels to find something to watch. The timer eventually went off and I got back up to get it but stopped when Woohyun came strolling in.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, just making some popcorn to watch a movie."

"Ah." He came over and stood beside me as I poured the popcorn in the bowl, also taking a few pieces for himself.

"Ya, get your own."

"You're staying right?"

"Yeah, and I guess so is Myungsoo so I won't be lonely." I said throwing out the bag. Woohyun's face shifted uncomfortably making me raise an eyebrow. "Is everything alright."

"Uh, yeah, I was just wondering. You want to come with me?"

"To your house?"

"Yeah, I can introduce you to my family and we can hangout at my place. Though my brother might be a pain. He always bosses me around and what not."

I chuckled lightly and thought about. "Ummm, as much as I would like to, I think I'm going to stay here. By the end of this week, Jimin will be discharged and I want to be there."

"Well, you could come with me for the first week."

I thought about it again. "I don't know."

Woohyun pouted and started using his puppy eyes. "Pweaseee. It'll be fun I promiseee."

"But I'll have to start packing and get my things ready and move and I'm lazy soo."

"I'll help you. I'll carry you if you don't want to even walk."

I laughed and shook my head. "Woohyun you should probably visit your family by yourself and focus on them. I don't want to intrude."

He frowned putting up his best aegyo. "Are you sure, you wont intrude at all."

"I'm positive."

"Fine but you owe me." He said stalking over to the couch.

"I don't owe you anything."

"Yes you do."

"It's not my fault I find the couch more entertaining than you."

He faked gasped while I laughed, grabbing the popcorn and eating it. "How dare you. Take this!" He said grabbing the pillow and throwing it at me. Some of the popcorn fell out of the bowl and I glared at Woohyun.

"That was perfectly good popcorn you wasted!"

Woohyun smirked and looked away innocently. "I didn't do anything."

"Why you." I picked up the pillow and threw it at him, starting our pillow fight. Or shall I say, war. The whole living room became a battle field and I was stocking up on ammunition: pillows. We used the couches and tables to hide behind and were sneaking around on our stomachs acting like soldiers. To anyone else, we probably looked like a bunch of kids, but to me this was war. I long forgotten about the popcorn and movie and stalked out to destroy my target.

I was hiding behind a couch when I heard movement coming from the other side. I peeked my head around the corner to just catch Woohyun's foot going behind the other couch.

"Bingo."

I grabbed all the pillows I stocked up on and made a run for it. At the same time, Woohyun stood up from the couch and released his pillows. I dodged his attacks, letting lose on my pillows. He doged some but one of them hit him dead center in the face. I jumped in victory.

"YES! I WON!!"

However, Woohyun jumped over the couch and tackled me to the ground, lightly hitting me with the pillow. "No, I won."

I looked up to him in disbelief. "I hit you in the face what are you even talking about? I won sir, don't be a sore loser."

"Well, you cheated."

"Did not Woohyun." I said rolling my eyes.

We ended up laughing before I noticed the position we were in, my face turning pink. I coughed and put my head against the floor since we were very close. "You can get off of me now, Woohyun."

"Not until you say I won."

"I won."

He rolled his eyes. "No, that me, Woohyun, won."

"No, I won. We went over this."

"Say it."

"No."

"Say it."

"Nope."

"Say itttt."

"Never."

He stared into my eyes and smiled. "You're so stubborn."

"Uh-huh and what are you going to do about it?"

He didn't say anything and just continued looking straight into my eyes, my own getting lost in his. After some time, he started leaning in closer to me, making me flustered.

My voice barely came out of me. "Uh, Woo-hyun."

However, my heartbeat quickened and my eyes grew wide when I felt his soft lips on mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm such a tease I know XD Thank you guys so much for reading and subscribing and commenting and all that jazz! I'm sorry for not posting sooner but I got backed up with homework. Though I hope this update satisfied you. Once again thank you guys and I'll try to update as soon as I can!! <3