Chapter 45

You're who now?

Nari

Letting out a yawn, I scratched the tiredness out of my eyes, blinking a few times to readjust to the light. My mind was hazy and it took me a couple of seconds to remember what happened. Once I recovered bits and pieces of last night back, I groaned and went to get up and grab my stuff to head back to my dorm. Except when I looked around, I realized that was completely unecessary,

Because I was already there.

I rubbed my eyes again to make sure they weren't deceiving me but sure enough, I was in my room, my bags in the corner. My eyes shifted to the clock on my dresser which read 5:40 so it was still pretty early. Deciding to just think about it later, I laid back down on my bed, getting comfortable.

Until I felt the bed shift beside me.

I sprang up and whipped my head around to the other side, the sight of a sleeping Myungsoo entering my field of vision. Without thinking, I slap his face, immediately waking him up. An annoyed expression crosses his face and he looks up at me while holding his cheek.

"What the hell?"

"Yea, what the hell is right! What are you doing here?!"

"I'm sleeping. Shh."

After giving me a dirty glare, he put his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes.

"Get out! How are you even here!?"

His eyes remained closed the whole time. "Didn't I just say I was sleeping."

"Myungsoo, leave. I'm not going to ask you ag-"

"It's five in the morning. Go to sleep." He cut me off, pulling me down right next to him.

"No, let go of me and leave." 

He ignored my protests and continued on with his nap. I don't think I will ever understand how this guy's mind works. He will forever remain an enigma to me.

I continued nagging because I want to get some rest peacfully without distractions. "Myungsoo! Get out!"

He groaned, opening his eyes and staring right back into mine. The proximity between us and his gaze caused my heart to skip a beat. For a moment, I got captivated in his dark brown orbs, words failing to reach past my lips getting stuck in my throat. It felt as though my throat closed up from an allegric reaction.

"What? Are you realizing how perfect I am now?"

And there goes the moment.

"Myungsoo leave now if you want to live. I'm done playing games."

He let out a yawn and leaned on one elbow. "Who said I was playing games? I'm sleeping but you continue to wake me up."

"Well why don't you go back to YOUR dorm and sleep there!"

"Too far away. Plus, I think I like it here better. It's small enough just for the both of us. You know if you wanted us to be alone from the rest of the guys, you should of just said so."

"MYUNGSOO!" My face turned up a few hundred degrees while he laughed whole heartedly in my embarrassment. 

"Now I'm going to sleep so if you could keep it down babe." He yawned out, laying back down.

The wind got punched out of me while I sat there shocked. There were butterflies, no, more like eagles, flying throughout my stomach. "B-Babe? What the hell- that's it. I'm giving you five seconds to get your up and out of here before I take that baseball bat and slam a homerun, beating you all the way back to your dorm!"

I continued rambling on while Myungsoo sighed and slowly sat upright. He slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me toward him, my face stopping only centimeters in front of his, making me lose my voice instantly and the pounding of my heart becoming faster. "Do I have to kiss you again to make you stop talking?" He asked with a smug look on his face.

I was left staring at him, mouth slightly open but no sounds escaping. On the outside, I was simply speechless, but on the inside, so many things were happening at once, it's chaos. So many thoughts swirling around my head yet there going too fast for me to decipher.

Myungsoo's eyes traveled down to my lips before returning to my eyes. "If you don't give me an answer, I'm going to kiss you anyway."

With that, I quickly shook my head back and forth, not trusting my voice to help me anytime soon. Myungsoo chuckled at how frantic I was shaking my head and pouted. "That's disappointing." His eyes traveled to the clock before speaking once more. "It's still early, so let's go back to sleep."

Not having the courage to protest, I let Myungsoo pull me down to the bed, his arm securing me next to him. My eyes found the clock, noticing it was 6:00, meaning we had to get ready soon.

"B-But school's starting in a-"

"I'll wake us up to get ready. Just rest for a bit more." Myungsoo's soft yet deep voice resonated in my ears. It was only then I realized how heavy my eyelids were. For once, I listened to Myungsoo's words and let myself get pulled back into the warmth and comfort of sleep for a few more minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

And that's the last time I listen to Myungsoo ever again. For starters, he didn't even wake me up but fell asleep next to me so when I woke up, it was already eight in the morning. The first two periods of the day were practically done so I missed math and history, my worst subject included.

I was furious. I'm supposed to be starting on the right foot for the second half yet I'm completely off track all thanks to the boy right next to me.

"MYUNGSOO, YOU'RE DEAD!"

It didn't take long for him to spring up, his hair dishelved yet looking perfect at the same time and his eyes wandering around the room. "What happened?"

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked restraining as much anger from coming out of my mouth.

He looked at the clock and shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well, we missed the first two. No point in going to the rest." He said plopping back down.

"You said you'd wake us up!"

"I know and I was going to but I was really tired and it was cozy here."

"I'm going to class." I said pulling the covers off of me. However, Myungsoo s his arms around me and pulled me back.

"Why? Just stay." He whined cutely.

What is happening right now? Why is he acting like this all of a sudden and why am I acting like this? Being so affected?

"Breathe," I mumbled to myself, trying to correct my heart beat. "I'm going. Release me."

"No."

I sighed in desperation. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you to."

"Too bad!"

"There's no point." He retorted.

"Myungsoo half the day isn't even over. We can still go to a majority of our classes."

"Just stay with me." He searched for my eyes but I avoid his gaze, not wanting to get lost in them again. The last thing I need is that along with the embarrassment that will surely follow.

"Myungsoo, let's just get up and go to our classes okay? I won't get mad at you for coming into my room," I said while slowly getting up from the bed, "and I don't want to miss anymore class time because missing one day is missing a week here, okay? So why don't we just go?"

"I don't feel like it." He replied shortly.

I could feel the anger boiling again. "Well then I'm going to class myself and you can just-"

In one swift move, Myungsoo pulled my wrist, causing me to stumble foward before his lips met mine. One arm secured itself around my waist while the other was up my back. The eagles were soaring out of stomach at this point as his soft lips kissed mine slowly, in no rush. I was sure he could hear my heart against his chest because it felt like it was going to burst out of my rib cage at any moment. I felt my strength slipping under his touch, suddenly the room becoming hotter than before. My will to resist was taking a nose dive, along with my eyes fluttering close. Unconsciously, I kissed him back sending sparks up and down my spine. My whole body felt on fire while my hands found their way to his chest. And what suprised me was that his heart beat reciprocated mine. Or maybe I was imagining things.

The kiss became hungrier as it continued. I couldn't stop thinking of how his lips molded against mine, how I felt so....so revived if that made any sense. Myungsoo's grip tightened around me, pulling me closer to him, emitting a sense of security. As if nothing could hurt me as long as I was wrapped in his arms. My arms s their way around his neck causing him to kiss me harder and with more passion.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! My mind is pratically screaming at me. However my body ignores it completely.

I try to catch my breath in between, as well as Myungsoo, but he kisses me back just as quick like it's his oxygen. His hands roam my back while he bites on my lower lip, a sigh escaping my lips.

NARI, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!!!

In a blink of an eye, Myungsoo twirls us around so that I'm beneath him, never breaking the kiss. The gap between us is non-existent as my fingers find their way through his perfectly dishelved hair.

STOP IT!!!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I think I've lost any control that I once contained. The temperature feels as though it's burning through the roof. And the scary part is how I don't want to stop, how I felt so safe in his arms, how I wanted to remain wrapped in them.

RINGGGGGGGG

My eyes shoot open and I break the kiss from being startled. Myungsoo and I are both panting like crazily and it takes me a couple of seconds to catch my breath before I can even think about anything else. I'm left staring into Myungsoo's eyes, his body moving up and down from breathing so hard while his eyes are locked on mine, sending shivers down my spine and blood to my cheeks.

I shift my focus to my phone on the night stand next to the bed, going off repeatedly. I go to grab it but Myungsoo beats me to it, taking the phone and looking at the caller ID. I catch a glimpse of the phone and gulp subconsciously when I see 'Woohyun.'

Still panting, Myungsoo's face hardens at the phone. I quickly go to grab it but he pulls away, pressing the red button and tossing my phone in the corner of the room, landing on the floor with a dud.

"Ya...my...phone," I say airy since I still haven't recovered fully. 

"I'll buy you a new one if it broke." He said before attacking my lips once more, my eyes widening. My chest increases in its pace once more as sparks are sent throughout my body from every place his hand touches. As he passionately kisses me, my eyes fall once more as I can't fight it. I forget about the phone almost immediately as my hands wrap around his back. Myungsoo's lips travel from mine down to my neck, my breathe hitching in my throat. My insides are in complete chaos because of him, it reminds me of the Spongebob episode where all the mini Spongebob's in his brain are out of control and everything is on fire. Every touch is an electric shock. His lips travel up back to mine, devouring them in an instant. I almost get lost completely once more until the phone starts ringing again.

I pull away again while Myungsoo groans in annoyance, getting up to retrieve the phone he threw in the corner. I can feel the anger emitting from him as he picks up the phone, not even looking at the ID and answering.

"Look, I would appreciate you not interrupting our make out session, K? Thanks and goodbye."

My jaw dropped and my eyes became saucers as Myungsoo hung up the phone and tossed it on a desk, mumbling about how he'd break it if it rings again. All the blood drains from my body.

Oh my god.

How could he say that to WOOHYUN

WHAT'S HE GOING TO THINK!!

I'm in trouble.

I quickly jump out of bed and run over to my phone, unlocking it at the speed of light. "How could you say that to him Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo ignores my frantic-ness and wraps his arms around my smaller figure, leaning his head in the crook of my neck. "Well tell him to stop calling you every second of the day and to back off. He needs to learn his place."

I don't have to time to answer to him as my mind is focused on the phone. I open up the call history and my body tenses, leaving me still like a statue. All the blood in my body leaves me and I'm sure I'm as white as a ghost. The phone falls from my hands but I can't even move to pick it up.

Myungsoo shifts behind me and comes in front of me, looking confused. "What's wrong?"

"T-That wasn't W-Woohyun."

"What?" His voice comes out as a nervous laugh.

My eyes shift from looking into space to him. "That w-was my b-brother."

Myungsoo face falters after he realizes the situation. "Wait, so that second call was-"

"Was my brother."

I'm in some deep trouble now.

My phone buzzes on the ground and I hesitantly look down, seeing I've received a text message. Me and Myungsoo just stare at the phone, scared to even pick it up. After about 15 seconds, I gain enough courage and bend down to grab the phone, opening the text.

From: Jimin

Park. Nari. What. In. The. Actual. .

I wince because I can actually hear the strict and furious tone of his voice through the text. The phone buzzed again as another message popped up on the screen.

From: Jimin

You are coming home right after school. No exceptions at all.

The different ways of my death start playing through my head, all from being set on fire to chopping my head off. There was no denying that this was my last day on earth, my mind replaying all the good times I've had one last time.

Myungsoo had been looking over my shoulder at the texts the entire time and I felt his hands find my shoulders. "I'm sorry." He said, his breathe tickling my neck.

"Tell the guys I'll miss them all as well as this school."

"What?"

"I'm not living another day. Tell them I'm thankful for everything they've done."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turns me to face him. "He's not going to kill you, don't be dramatic."

"I don't think you know my brother Myung."

"Calm down, everything's gonna be fine." Myungsoo consoled me.

"Fine? Myung, if he doesn't kill me, he's coming after you. No, he WILL come after you. Heck he might just kill us both." 

"Can I kiss you all I want in heaven?" My cheeks flamed up once more.

"Myungsoo!!" Why must he do this to me.

He starts to lean in but I back away and place my hands on his chest. "No, no, no. I don't think so. This is all your fault."

He pouts and starts using his puppy eyes, making me curse under my breath. "I said I'm sorry."

"S-Sorry ain't good enough." I said turning away before I can't resist the temptation. I go over to my draw and take out a new clean uniform for school, placing it on my bed.

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo asks coming up next to me.

"Getting ready for class." I reply taking my clothes to go to the bathroom.

However, Myungsoo getting in the way as usual, grabs my hand and spins me to him. "Just stay-"

"No."

"Well then at the very least, just change out here."

"MYUNGSOO!" I slap him with the clothes in my hands while he laughs, clapping his hands together like a seal.

"I'm kidding, kidding. Not really."

I roll my eyes and look at the time, it almost being nine making me sigh. I see him follow my gaze before coming over to me, grabbing the clothes out of my hand, placing them aside. "I'm telling you, just stay. It's one day."

I sigh again. I really don't feel like going but I know I should. Before I can really make a decision, I yelp in suprise as Myungsoo lifts me off my feet effortlessly into his arms, carrying me back to the bed. He places me down right next to him before snuggling closer to me, wrapping his arms around me. "See, isn't this better?"

"Uh huh" I said sarcastically, earning a chuckle from him. But it was better, though I'd never tell him that. Soon enough, I fell asleep in his arms once more to try and forget about my impending doom.

 

When I woke up again, it was late. Very late. As in, school is just about to end. I got up nervously and looked at Myungsoo's sleeping figure. His lips were parted slightly and he was snoring lightly with his head titled to the side. Unconsciously, a smile crossed my face as I took in all his features. My eyes found their way back to his lips, thinking back a few hours ago.

Only then did I fully realize what I did, my eyes growing big.

Holy .

Why did I do that?

Why the hell did I kiss him? Wait no, he kissed me, right?

Either way, what is wrong with me!

I backed away slowly from him as I went into the bathroom to get changed. My stomach was growling since I hadn't eaten anything the whole day. Great, I'm gonna die on an empty stomach.

When I left the bathroom, I grabbed my coat, keys, and phone. I gulped when I saw another text from Jimin basically saying if I wasn't home by 2:30, I might as well kill myself. And when I saw the time, I knew I had to blast.

Only having ten mintues, I quickly put on my shoes and rushed out the door, leaving behind a sleeping Myungsoo. I swerved through the sea of students and headed home.

When I finally got there, I hesistated at the door step. I'm basically walking into death right now so might as well be polite. I went to knock on the door but before my fist connected to the wood, the door swung open, revealing a very, very, very pissed off Jimin. I gulped in fear and pulled my hand down awkwardly from the air.

"Uh.....hey!" I said cheerfully.

Jimin continued to glare at me while I shivered in fear. The only one that I'm truly scared of is Jimin when he's angry because when he's angry, he's REALLY angry.

"Inside. Now!"

I didn't need to be told twice as I scurried past him into the living room. I heard the door close while Jimin walked up to me, his eyes still glaring. "Who?"

"W-Who?" I asked confused.

"Who was it? Who was it on the phone? Who was the guy!" I winced at the raise of his voice.

"Look, Jimin. You got this all wrong. It's not what you think-"

"Really!?! Please, do enlighten me then who was making out with you!!"

"N-No one! I didn't do anything with anyone!"

"Really, then what was that phone call about? And who was that guy!?"

Please lying skills, don't fail me now

"L-Look, that was my friend-"

"So you're kissing your friends!"

"No! It was a prank!

"A prank?"

"Yes. Okay, he thought it would be funny if he took my phone and said that because I've said before you're overprotective but nothing really happened." After spitting out those words, I must admit that was a pretty damn good lie. Don't know where I pulled that one from.

"Nothing happened?!"

"Yes!"

"Are you telling the truth. I swear to God Nari, if you're lying to me-"

"I'm not!" Oh, the irony.

"I still need a name." He said still angry, but less agressive than before.

"A name?"

"Who did that? Obviously, it was one of those guys that knew you were a girl," he said while I gulped in fear, "so it's either Woohyun or that Chanyeol guy."

Oh man, he's gonna kill one of them.

And it's not either.

If he finds out that Myungsoo knows now, I'm so dead.

"I-"

"And it didn't sound like Woohyun's voice so it has to be Chanyeol, right?" How the hell can he remember what Woohyun's voice sounds like.

Oh god, what do I do. If I say Chanyeol, he's going to die when he did nothing wrong but if say Myungsoo we're both going to die since I let another person find out.

Well, I mean Chanyeol still owes me for the dance, right?

"Y-Yeah, it' was Chanyeol."

"I swear, when I get my hands on him, I'm going-"

"To do nothing. You're gonna do nothing alright. It was just a harmless prank."

"Yeah well his harmless prank almost sent me to the hospital again."

I chuckled coming up to him. "You're really over reacting you know. Even if I did kiss him," Jimin's eyes turned to slits while a scowl crossed his face, "IF, it's not a big deal Jimin. I think I'm old enough to take care of myself. Heck, I have been along with you."

Jimin let out a sigh, his face falling. "I know, I just....it's hard to see you grow up so fast. I still see you as a 10 year old and I don't want you to get hurt anymore."

I let out a small smile. "I know but that's life right? You don't get to choose whether you get hurt or not. But I do get to choose who can hurt me. And I know that my friends wouldn't intentionally hurt me on purpose so don't worry about me, arrasso?"

"...Okay." He came up and hugged me while I returned it smiling from ear to ear.

"But if I see that Chanyeol kid, I'm going to beat him up. Seriously."

We both laughed, later spending the rest of the day together.

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! I know, I've been in MIA kind of and I'm really sorry I couldn't update. School was stressing me out and I had a really bad cold these past few days so I wasn't able to write. I'm still not a hundred percent but I'm feeling a lot better than before! I also want to wish that everyone had a good Christmas/Hannukah/holidays this year. I tried to write a longer and more intense chapter(XD) to make up for the time I haven't updated so I hope it was worth the wait. I was also thinking of doing another chapter, a shorter one that New Year's themed that doesn't follow the story line and hopefully would be uploaded on New Year's Eve (kind of like a special chapter but still with Nari and the gang.) Anyway this note is getting really long and I'm really sorry for the long wait. Thank you guys for subscribing, commenting, and upvoting so much.