Chapter 38

You're who now?

Nari

My heart is racing a mile per second, my mind is completely flustered, and for a second, I had no clue what was happening. There were so many questions running threw my head but at the same time, nothing was going threw my head. My body was split into two: the rational part of me telling me to stop and the irrational part wanting to continue. After I gained some rationality of what was going on, I pushed Woohyun up, breaking the kiss.

We both breathed in for air and I stared at him with my eyes as big as they could open. My cheeks were burning and felt like they were on fire. I didn't even know what to do anymore.

"W-What are y-you doing?" 

Woohyun's gaze still never left mine, a small smile playing on his lips. "Kissing you, what does it look like I'm doing." And just like that, Woohyun leaned back down and reattached his lips to mine.

At this point, I couldn't even fathom what was going on. To be honest, I'm starting to think this is a dream but I don't know anything as of now. I tried to force my self to push him off again but my body had its own agenda and wasn't listening to my brain, melting at his every touch. My eyes fluttered closed and my lips moved on its own against his. Any sense of reality left in me went out of my brain and out the window too.

Woohyun wrapped his arms slowly around my waist and pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss. Without realizing, my arms traveled up and wrapped around his neck with my fingers running through his hair. His lips were soft and sweet, making it hard to stop. It's as if he put some spell on me that won't allow me to even if I wanted to. His hand traveled up my back, pushing us closer together if that was even possible.

I gasped for air in between only for Woohyun to pull me right back in. There were butterflies in my stomach and my heart was doing flips and somersaults. My arms pulled Woohyun closer and traveled down his back, making him kiss me more passionately. How everything in my life has lead me up to this point, I have no clue. Why Woohyun is even kissing me in the first place, I have no clue. Why I'm kissing him back, I have no clue. I can't even function properly. Just a minute ago I was having a pillow war, now I'm kissing the enemy. Nothing makes sense.

However, the faint sound of a door knob turning in the back automatically put my rational side back into me, hitting me like a truck. My eyes shot open and I pushed Woohyun off of me with all my strength, startling him at the same time. He looked at me confused as to why I stopped while I looked up to see Myungsoo coming into the room. He looked around the living room before looking between the both of us confusedly.

"What's going on?"

"N-Nothing!" I said louder than I wanted to. He continued to stare at me weird making me panic.

"Why is your face all red?"

"M-My face?" I put a hand to my cheek and felt it burning against my cold hand. "I'm just not feeling well but it's nothing to sweat."

He still didn't seemed convinced but shifted his attention to the rest of the room and Woohyun. "What happened here then?"

"Uhh.." Woohyun tried to make a sentence but nothing was coming out.

"You know I just realized I have to drop something off at the band room. I'll be going now." I said getting up off the ground and heading out the door. I didn't make eye contact with either Myungsoo or Woohyun and ran as far away from that room as I could.

After I was a good distance away from that room, I slowed my pacing and came to a steady walk. But even when I was walking, my heart wouldn't slow down. It couldn't. Everything happened so fast and now I'm left confused as ever.

"Calm down, everything is going to be fine. It was just a kiss, no harm done. Breathe." I tried convincing myself.

But I couldn't. How can I? I don't know what's going to happen and I realized something making my heart do spasms again. Oh my god, I can't believe that Woohyun's my first kiss. Someone wake me up from this dream now. I'd rather not die of a heart attack.

Instead of going to the band room, I headed out toward the field and sat down on the bleachers, trying to collect myself. After a couple minutes, I started to calm down. The cool breeze helped me relaxed and I leaned back on the bleachers. I stared up at the sun starting to set, the hues of pink, orange, yellow, and blue mixing together. Each minute that passed by, the sky would change colors as the sun went further and further down in the sky.

After some time when I thought it would be safe, I walked back to the dorms. Ever so quietly, I opened the door and took a quick look around. Seeing no one, I made my first few steps into the room and closed the door as quietly as I could. I slowly tip-toed into the living and looked around once more, seeing no signs of life. A sigh of relief escaped my breathe and I walked into the living room. 

My eyes wandered to where I had been on the ground moments before making my cheeks flush. I swatted my own head for thinking about it and went to the bunk area. Still taking precautions, I looked around just to make sure that no one was here. I also checked Woohyun's bed, seeing as though all his bags are gone. At least I had two weeks to myself to figure out what the hell just happened.

Though as if God was reminding me, the bathroom door swung open behind me revealing Myungsoo with nothing but sweats on and his hair dripping from taking a shower. You know, death doesn't seem all that bad.

"Oh, your back." He said drying his hair with a towel.

I focused all my energy I had and kept my eyes center at his face. "Yup. Woohyun's gone?"

His body stiffened for a moment but he relaxed quickly after. "Yeah, left a little while ago."

I nodded my head. "Okay."

"What happened before? Woohyun didn't tell me anything and looked quite flustered." He asked again while eyeing me from the side, further making me panic.

I glanced around my bed, pretending to fix the covers. "Like I said nothing."

"Then why was the living room a mess?" He asked in a somewhat stern voice.

Think Nari, Think. "There was a bug in the room. We were trying to kill it, but I hate bugs and I kind of freaked out, hence the mess." That wasn't a complete lie because I absolutely hate bugs and I probably would of freaked out if there was one. Too bad there wasn't one.

He looked at me, squinting his eyes. "Your positive?"

"Yes, now put a shirt on will you." I said tossing a plain black tee in his face. He pulled the shirt off his face to reveal his freaking smirk, annoying the crap out of me.

"Why, am I distracting you?" He said wiggling his eyebrows.

I scoffed and turned away to hide what little dignity I had left. "As if."

"Well get used to it because it's gonna be just you and me these next few weeks."

I gulped and prayed for eveything to go smoothly for these two weeks.

 

The next morning I woke up late. Very late, at least for me. It was around nine in the morning and I let out a long yawn. I felt relieved to have had a good night of sleep, which I haven't had in a while. As I was turning around to get up, I heard a loud thump beside me making me jump. I rubbed my eyes to see Myungsoo on the ground, rubbing his head.

"Are you okay? What the heck happened?" I asked getting out of bed and grabbing his arm to pull him up.

He got up and rubbed his head. "I just fell. I'm fine."

"What the heck were you doing that you fell from your bunk Myung? There is a railing you know."

"Uh, nothing." He said while hiding his face and walking away quickly. I watched his retreating figure go into the kitchen.

"Weirdo."

I fixed my cover on my bed and went over to Myungsoo's bed, fixing his as well because I felt like it. I proceeded to hop down and make my way to the kitchen as the scent of food entered my nose. When I got into the kitchen, I saw that Myungsoo was cooking pancakes at the stove. He slid two off the frying pan onto a plate and handed it to me.

"Here."

I took the plate out of his hand while he continued making some more for himself. I looked back down at his nice gesture and smiled. "Thanks."

He didn't say anything but nodded his head. I sat down at the kitchen table and started eating the pancakes while Myungsoo came over and started eating his. We ate in silence for the most part, only speaking when we needed to pass the syrup. Though at this point, there wasn't anymore akward silences between us.

I finished eating and put my plate in the sink and cleaned it. A yawn escaped my lips as I walked over to the TV and turned it on. The only thing that was sort of entertaining was the news. I groaned and sat down on the couch, listening to the weather man. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Myungsoo finishing up his meal and coming over to where I was, sitting down next to me on the couch. He blankly stared at the TV for a couples of seconds before taking the remote and turning the screen off.

"What are you doing? I was watching that."

"Were you really?"

I gave him a bored glance and yawned again. He laid his head down on my lap and closed his eyes, ready to take a nap.

"What am I a pillow?"

"Yes, now shhh. Trying to sleep."

I rolled my eyes and stared at his sleeping face. His hair was slightly disheveled but for the most part was neat. His skin was flawless and his eyelashes were pretty long too. Not to mention, his jawline was nice as well.

"You know, it's kind of hard to sleep when your staring at me."

I quickly turned away and scoffed making him chuckle. "I wasn't looking at you."

"Sure you weren't."

"I wasn't" I mumbled

Myungsoo opened one eye and stared at me before laughing once again. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his face but I restrained myself from doing so. I looked over at the time and saw that it was getting later in the day. I was debating in my head whether I wanted to actually do something today or just lounge around all day. Honestly, the latter option was much more appealing to me but I had been doing that for the past couple of days. So I decided to be somewhat productive.

I pushed Myungsoo's head back and forth. "Get up so I can stand."

"Why?"

"So I can stand."

"But your so comfortable." He said closing his eyes once more.

I smirked and pushed his whole body off the couch making him land with a thump. He sat up and glared at me while I kept that smirk on my face. I stood up and went back to my bed to grab my phone, Myungsoo following me like a lost puppy. Once I got it, I sent a text to Eunji to see what she was doing today. We haven't hung out in a while and what better time to do so than right now.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting my friend."

"Why?"

I looked up at him with an annoyed expression. "Why do you ask so many questions?"

"I just wanted to know, jeez." He said while pouting.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "If you must know, I want to hang out with her okay."

His face turned into a very offended looking one. "You're texting your friend to hang out when I'm right here?"

"Is that a problem?"

"Yes! What's wrong with me?"

I was about to answer when my phone started ringing. I looked down to the caller ID and saw that it was Eunji calling me. I smiled and answered the call.

"Hey Eunji!"

"Nari! What's up, I haven't talked to you in forever!"

"I know. Everything's fine. What about you?"

"Good, good. I'm just hanging out in my room."

"Do you want to hang out today. We could go to the coffee shop again or somewhere else."

"You read my mind."

I chuckled. "Great, so what time- YAH!"

Myungsoo grabbed my phone out of my hand and put it next to his ear. "Look, Jimin forgot that he's busy today and that he needs to work on some school stuff. Maybe try again next time. Bye!"

My jaw clenched. "YAH! What do you think you're doing!"

He tossed my phone back to me which I barely caught. "Why can't you spend time with me?"

"Myung, I see you everyday. We live in the same room for pete's sake."

"Classes and being in the dorms don't count."

I sighed once again, dragging my hand over my face. "Well what do you want to do then?"

He put his hand to his chin and started thinking of things. I waited for about thirty seconds and he still didn't say anything. "See you can't even think of anything."

"We could go to the park like you said."

I opened my mouth to retort but closed it after. That's actually not a bad idea. I turned back to face him, trying to weigh my options. Go with Myungsoo, who I see all the time, or call Eunji back and hang out with her, who I haven't seen in forever.

Oh well, Eunji can wait for tomorrow.

"Fine, but I'm going with Eunji tomorrow. No exceptions."

"Yes sir."

I grabbed my coat and put on my shoes before walking out the door with Myungsoo to go to the park. The park wasn't that far from Woollim but it was still a decent amount. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, making the sky look somewhat overcast but not where it looked like it was going to rain. It was quite chilly out when a breeze blew by but when there wasn't, it was nice. When we got to the park, there were a few people walking around and some kids playing on the playground.

I took a seat on a bench that was in a more secluded area but where I could still watch the people on the playground. The fresh air felt nice against my skin and the different leaves made the sight beautiful. Myungsoo sat down next to me and only then did I realize he brought a bag with him.

I arched my eyebrow in confusion. "What's in the bag?"

"My most prized possesion." He said ping the bag.

I looked on in curiousity. I scooted closer to see him pulling out an expensive looking camera. It looked like one that the professionals use. "A camera?"

"Yup."

He put the camera up to his face and looked through the lens, focusing it off in the distance. Putting the strap around his neck, Myungsoo got up and moved a couple of steps in front of the bench and took a picture of the scenery, the sound of the camera going off. When the picture came out, he sat back down next to me and showed me the picture. And boy, did he have some skill with that camera. The picture came out amazing, all the different colors coming out vibrant. The place looked better in the photo than in real life.

"I didn't know you like photography."

He took the camera back and looked at his work. "You never asked."

"Do you have other pictures that you took."

Myungsoo handed me his camera back and I scrolled through the pictures. My jaw dropped in awe at all the pictures, each one having its own artistic style and feeling in it. Some gave off a creepy vibe while others were just breathtaking.

"Wow, you're pretty good at this." I said handing his camera back.

"Thanks, I try."

"How do you make them come out so good?"

"Well, first, I only take pictures that make me feel a certain way or things that I like. Otherwise, the picture just comes out bland to me. Lighting is key. Today is actually a great day since the sun isn't out but it isn't dark. Angles, focus, position, they all matter."

"Can I try?"

Myungsoo gave a disgusted looking face and pulled his camera to his chest. "And touch my camera. I don't think so."

I scoffed at his remark. "It's not like I'm going to break it."

"How do I know? You don't know what to do."

"Then show me what to do."

He thought about it for a moment before he sighed and gave in. He hesitantly placed the camera in my hands and made sure that the strap was on my neck. I brought the camera up to my face and looked through the lens but everything was blurry.

"It's out of focus."

"Here." Myungsoo came up behind me and started shifting the lens. When it came out clear, I told him to stop.

"Okay, now find what you want the focus of the picture to be and what angle and just take a picture."

I figured on taking a picture of the scenery too but I squatted down a little to get more of leaves than the ground. I kept wobbling a bit so Myungsoo came up again from behind to stablize me. When I felt that the picture was good, I pressed the button.

I got up and looked at my picture, sighing a bit. Myungsoo looked over my shoulder before taking the camera to inspect it himself. It was a decent picture but it was nothing compared to Myungsoo's, that's for sure.

"Not bad for your first try. It's a tiny bit out of focus though."

"Well, my pictures on my phone are good enough to me. Plus, its easier to use and not heavy." I said pulling out my phone and opening the camera app. I heard Myungsoo chuckling but I did the same thing with my phone. I took the picture and sure enough, well to me at least, it looked a lot better making me smile. Who needs a fancy camera when I'm amazing at it on my phone.

I turned my head around when I heard the clicking of a camera. I looked over to Myungsoo who was smiling down, looking at his camera again.

"What did you take a picture of?"

He looked back up before stuffing his camera away. "Just the trees again."

I raised an eyebrow but shrugged. "Oh, well look. I told you the phone is better." I said showing him the photo.

"It's better but the quality is lower."

"Aish, just appreaciate my work would you."

He laughed and took my phone out of my hands again. "Speaking of photos, that reminds me..."

"Reminds you of what?"

He placed the phone high above us and smiled. "Ready, 1, 2, 3."

In the last second, I looked up and and saw the shutter of the screen. He examined the photo before smiling again. "Perfect."

I took my phone back and looked at it sighing. "Ah, really. Couldn't you have at least waited until I was ready." I didn't looked confused in the picture, but I wasn't smiling, ending up with me having a blank face.

"It's fine and a better lock screen anyway."

I rolled my eyes and I shoved Myungsoo along to continue our walk around the park.

 

 

 

 

Heyy! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Now I gotta go back to actually finishing my homewok XD Oh, and thank you guys for subscribing and commenting!! <3