Chapter 4

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

My heart began to beat faster each second as I open the first letter. I felt as though I was the one with the heart condition, not Jimin. I slowly took the letter out of the envelope and started to open it. I skipped all the nonsense and went straight to where I said if I got in or not. 

"Well" Jimin said.

"Didn't get into that one" I laughed and crumpled up the paper. I tried to shrug it off and act like it didn't bother me. 

"Don't worry, there's still three more" Jimin reassured me. 

I took a deep breath and took the second envelope. Instead of going slowly, I ripped this envelope as fast as I can and checked to see if I got in. 

"Hehe another no."

"That's okay, we got two more."

I sware I better get into this one. I took the third envelope and opened it up. Jimin stared at me intently as I read it over. 

"Three for three."

"Well then we'll make it three to one."

I was really starting to worry now. I needed to get into this one. I looked at the envelope and just stared. I kinda didn't want to open it. Sm university. This was probably the hardest one to get into. My heart felt like knives were stabbing it. I finally reached and opened the envelope. I started reading skipping all the nonsense once again. I could tell Jimin was anxious too just looking at me. 

"Oh my god..."

"What is it?" Jimin asked me.

"OH MY GOD I GOT IN JIMIN I GOT INTO THE SCHOOL!!!"

"REALLY that's great Nari. I told you you would." 

I jumped and hugged my brother, tears flowing out of my eyes. 

"Let me see it" Jimin said. I handed him the paper and couldn't contain my excitement. This was the new beginning I was finally looking for. This is how I help Jimin and get us out of this living hell. Things were finally going to change. Maybe things will go back to the way they used to be where we were happy all the time. 

As I was jumping up and down like a psycho, I slowly started to stop. I looked at Jimin's face and noticed it dropped. 

"What is it Jimin?"

"Nari.... You didn't get in the school." 

"W-What. What do you mean?" 

He handed me back the letter and I looked over it again. Tears were starting to form in my eyes. Apparently I read too fast when it really said 'we would love to have you in our school if it wasn't for our money situation.' Funny how it always comes down to money. It was because of money I couldn't get into school. It was because of money I couldn't get Jimin treatment. It was because of money we are in the house we are in. The situation we are in. The hardships we've had to face. It's all because of money. 

"Hey, don't cry. It's ok" Jimin told me as he pulled me into a hug. I wanted to crawl into a hole and not get up. I felt like no matter what I did, it was never good enough for the world. 

"Stop. It doesn't matter if you got in or not."

"But it does. This was the only way for things to change and it was ripped away from us." 

"We'll survive without it. We have been for how long now Nari?" 

"But I don't want to just get by through life. I want to enjoy it with you."

Jimin sighed and hugged me tighter. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds but it felt like hours. After staying like that, Jimin finally spoke up. 

"I got some good news." 

"Oh really. What is it this time?" 

"Auntie's coming to visit us tomorrow." 

"Really?" 

"Yup. So don't cry and lighten up, we'll be fine. Okay?" 

"Alright." I went upstairs to my room and laid down on my mattress. I wanted to cry but I know I shouldn't. I can't be weak. If I'm weak, I won't be able to get through anything. I need to be strong for Jimin and myself. I looked at the clock on the ground and saw that it was 10:00 already. Might as well go to bed right? 

I woke up to the alarm going off at 6:00 with the sun shining through the window. My eyes were a little red from yesterday, but not too bad. I got up and got ready for school. I put my uniform on and put my hair in a bun. I didn't bother with any makeup, even though I really didn't have any. I put on these fake nerd glasses to cover up my slightly puffy eyes and went downstairs. To my surprise, Jimin was already up and was preparing breakfast, which was the same as yesterday. 

"You're up?"

"Yeah. Come and eat."

I sat down at the table and started to eat. Jimin sat down across from me and started eating as well.

"When's auntie coming?" I asked Jimin. 

"Probably when your still in school. You think you can come home early from work?" 

I didn't want to get off work early, especially after last night, but I could tell Jimin really wanted me to come home. "Okay. I'll ask the owner."

"Good." I finished my food and started getting ready for school. 

"Leaving so soon Nari?"

"I'm not letting you make me late for school again oppa." Jimin smirked at me and gave me hug before I left for school. 

I arrived at school and sat down in my seat and closed my eyes. I was mentally drained from last night and I didn't want to do anything. I then felt my table shake and looked to my right to see Eunji looking at me with a big smile on her face. Glad one of us is happy. 

"Nari, Nari, Nari, guess what?" 

"What is it?" 

"I got accepted into Sm university!" 

"WHATT!!"