Chapter 21

You're who now?

Nari

These past few days can be described in one word: miserable. I can't do anything without Myungsoo coming up to me and asking me to do stupid things he's too lazy to do. It started off with 'get me this' and 'make me this' to 'do my homework' and 'do push-ups because I said so.' I feel like a prisoner, unable to escape prison, or in this case Myungsoo. I'm actually putting in extra effort to hang out with the other guys or avoid Myungsoo as much as possible.

"Jimin, what are you doing?"

"Homework. Your homework."

Myungsoo smiled and walked off in satisfaction while I slumped in my chair even further.

"Kill me now."

I spent the rest of the day doing "chores" for Myungsoo before starting the next day of torture. As soon as it's dawn, I got up on my feet and got ready to leave the dorm. Myungsoo was getting clever by waking up much earlier than what he has been so he can torture me in the morning too so I've been waking up even earlier than I already have. While grabbing all my stuff, I exited as quietly as I could from the dorm.

I roamed the halls, letting my feet take me where they wanted. The halls were so quiet that any little creak could be easily heard. It feels like I'm in a horror movie since it's dark as well. I whipped out my phone and put my headphones in, listening to music once again. Currently, I've been listening to a lot of Big Bang and BTS. I bobbed my head and started dancing a little to the music while roaming the halls, completely emersed in the music. I passed my little lunch eating area, deciding that I wanted to go some where else for a change to waste time.

I eventually reached a dead end of a hallway, taking my earbuds out.

"I don't remeber coming down this way before."

I looked into the classrooms, seeing what kind of classes were held here. But my feet stopped when I looked in one room. The inside was a huge room with a grand piano in it. There was music stands, sheet music, a recording booth on the end, and different instruments around the room. I reached down to the door knob, turning the knob and seeing the door open.

"I guess someone forgot to lock it."

Before walking in, I looked down the hallway to make sure no one was coming in case I'm not supposed to be in here and headed in. The walls had music staffs around the top of connecting in all corners of the room. I walked over to the drum set and patted my hand against the drums yet holding it down immediately since it was a little too loud for comfort. I then walked over to what stole my attention when I looked in: the piano. While walking up to it, I ran my fingers lightly against the keys going down to the lowest note. I pulled the bench out and sat down in front of it. My fingers glided across the piano keys in the familiar pattern I've played so many times before. It was a tune I learned from my mom when I was younger that she also played for me to go to sleep at night. Softly, I started to sing along to the song. Eveything felt right when I played music. It felt like home and was always something I loved to do. But I never told anyone about it ever since my mom and dad passed away. Plus, I could never afford a piano living with Jimin.

"That's nice."

My fingers stopped moving and my throat closed abruptly, pulling my hands away from the keys. I turned around, spooked a little, to see an unfamiliar face.

"Um thanks. Who are you?"

"I'm Minho. You seem skilled in music. Are you in the band?" he said while coming up and sitting down next to me. His hair was black and styled upward while he had big framed glasses covering his face. By the looks of it, he was well in shape and pretty tall too, but not Chanyeol tall. Not to mention, good looking too.

"The band? Me? No, no, I just play on my own time."

"Have you ever thought about joining?"

"Not really. I didn't hear a lot about it from other students."

"Not too many people are in the band but we have a decent amount. You should join."

"Ah, I don't think I'm good enough for this school's band" I said hesitantly.

"Well I just heard you and I think you're really good. Plus you have a good singing voice too."

"Uh, I don't know."

"Oh come on at least try!" He said while pouting, while I chuckled at him.

"Why are trying so hard to get me to join? Are YOU even in the band?"

"In and president of it as well" he said while smirking. I looked away and debated whether I should join or not. I mean, when else am I going to be able to use such expensive instruments and equipment. But then I'd have to meet new people which isn't my thing. Plus, they're probably all better than me anyway.

"Look, at least try and if you don't like it, then you won't have to stay. But give us band geeks a chance will ya" he said before I could reply.

"But I'm really not that special. You could probably find someon-"

"You have to try or I'll tell the teacher you were in here before classes even started."

I looked at him with shock written all over my face."Are you blackmailing me right now?"

"Depends on how you see it" he replied while similing like an idiot.

"Please how much trouble could I get in for being in here early."

"You'd be suprised."

I stared at him in disbelief, trying to figure out if he was really telling the truth or lying. But all he did was smile at me, not saying a word.

"So I guess I'll see you at our next band practice Thursday then" he said while putting his hand out in front of me. I looked down to his hand and back at him before groaning and shaking his hand. He practically jumped up for joy and started walking out of the room.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then- wait I never got your name."

"Jimin."

"See you tomorrow Jimin!" he said with his head hanging out the door before leaving completely. I shook my head and grabbed my bag before heading out of the room, not taking any chances if what he told me was true. The last thing I need is trouble in this school.

I headed out of the room down the halls again. There was probably thirty minutes left before school actually started. I wasted time by just roaming the halls for the remainder of time while more and more students started entering the hallways getting ready for class. My eyes were also on the look out for Myungsoo in case I needed to make a quick escape. Before I knew it, the bell rang signaling the beginning of the day. 

I headed off to my math class and got ready for the usual routine. I pulled out my math notebook along with my homework AND Myungsoo's homework which I "had" to do. Woohyun and Myungsoo came walking into to the class and came up to me. Woohyun sat down next to me while I held up Myungsoo's homework which he gladly took with a smile on his face.

"Thank you." he said before walking to his seat in the back corner.

"He's so lucky. Gets homework for free from the nerd. What will it take for you to do my homework. I'll verse you in a basketball game too" Woohyun started.

"Woohyun please, I'd beat you without breaking a sweat. And, I wouldn't do your homework even if you asked. He just got lucky, that's all."

"Luck or not, all I know is he is getting A's on all of his homework because of you. Don't you think it would be beneficial to actually do someones homework who doesn't understand math, like me." He said while giving me puppy eyes. I laughed and rolled my eyes at his attempt to try and persaude me.

"I'm not benefiting from anything by doing your homework. Only your are. Doesn't that seem a little unfair."

"But your smart soo."

"So nothing, doesn't mean anything. I'm just wasting my time on work that I wouldn't have to do in the first place."

He groaned and sat back in his seat, giving up on trying to persuade me. I turned back to the front when the teacher came in to start teaching the new lesson.

After an hour of sitting through the lesson and Woohyun sleeping next to me, I moved on to my next two classes for the day. I entered my science class taking a seat next to Chanyeol and chatting with him before the class started. When the bell rang, the teacher walked and started the lesson for the day.

"Alright class, today we will be doing a lab today. Half the class will be dissecting frogs and the other half will be studying the different reactions between different chemicals. So partner up and I will give you your lab assignment and directions" the teacher said.

Everyone grabbed a pair of goggles and headed back to their seats. I started preparing the work area for me and Chanyeol.

"Uh, Teacher, my partner isn't here." I heard Myungsoo say. I looked back to see that he was sitting by himself at his table. In a way, I guess thats a good thing since he doesn't have to work with Soohyun. 

"Oh right, I forgot. Soohyun dropped this class so he isn't in here anymore." he replied. Figures, he was never intelligent to begin with.

"So what do I do..." Myungsoo trailed off.

"For now, just join another lab group until we can find a spot for you."

Myungsoo nodded and started heading over to guess who's table: mine and Chanyeol's! He walked up to us while putting his goggles on and smirking at me. I swear I can't get away from him no matter how hard I try. Chanyeol looked back at Myungsoo confused, probably since he wasn't paying attention to what they were talking about.

"Hey L, what are you doing here?"

"I don't have a partner anymore so the teacher said I could join any group."

"Oh, alright. Less work for each of us then" Chanyeol said.

The teacher walked around the classroom giving each lab group their assignment. When he got to our table, we received the chemical lab so we had to take out flasks and the chemicals and what not. Those who were dissecting the frog had to use knives and syringes and those type of equipment. To be honest, I was hoping for the dissecting lab but I guess I'll just have to stick with this lab instead.

"Okay how much of chemical A do we need" Chanyeol asked.

"50 mililiters. Myungsoo can you grab the other flask?" I said while measuring out the chemical B. Myungsoo nodded and went to get another flask. Once I finished measuring, I looked over the directions and saw that the task was pretty simple. By mixing the different chemicals, we were supposed to name what chemical it was based on the reactions. Myungsoo came back with the flask and I poured my chemical into it.

"Okay ready Chanyeol?"

"Yup."

Chanyeol poured his chemical into mine while we waited for something to happen. After a couple of seconds, the mixture turned blue. I recorded the changes on a piece of paper while we started to mix the other chemicals together, getting different results. Some fizzed at the top, some changed other colors, some foamed, and some decreased in temperature.

"Okay I'm pretty sure chemical E is hydrogen chloride and this is.. Sodium hydroxide." I mumbled to myself.

"What are you saying?" Chanyeol said while hovering over me and looking at my paper.

"Nothing. Let's just finish the last one."

"Okay" he replied while ruffling my hair to which I glared at him.

"Myu-L did you measure out chemic-what?" I said while turning around to Myungsoo to see his stoic yet slightly mad face once again.

"Nothing." He replied a little harshly.

"Uh, okay then, did you measure Chemical J yet?"

"Yeah."

"Okay poured it in here" I said while holding up the other flask for him to pour in. Myungsoo poured in his chemical and set down the flask on the table. We waited for something to happen but nothing was happening.

"Are you sure you put in the right chemical?"

"Yes."

Then the whole mixture started steaming up and over flowing out of the flask.

"Chanyeol get some towels or something! Quick!"

"Okay" Chanyeol said while rushing off to clean the mess.

"Myungsoo what did you do!?"

"Me! I didn't do anything!"

I grabbed a piece of paper and tried using that to clean the mess but as soon as it touched my hand, I jerked away.

"AHH, that burns!"

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo looked at me worriedly, completely disregarding the continuing overflow of the chemicals. The chemical was starting to melt the top of the table away.

"Hey! Answer me!" Myungsoo grabbed my arm for me to look at him while he inspected my hand. I stood there shocked for a second from his sudden outburst.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Relax" I replied hesitantly

Chanyeol came back with the teacher to clean up the mess that was still overflowing.

"What happened here?" The teacher asked.

"I don't know, everything else was fine. I don't know what happened with this one" I told him.

With gloves on, he took the flask and emptied it into a sink in the back while Chanyeol cleaned up the mess on the table. The teacher came back and took my arm away from Myungsoo to look at it.

"Are you okay? Did you get burned?"

"Yeah but I'm okay now."

He ignored me and dragged me to the back where he rinsed my hand and bandaged my hand in a wrap. "There, try to avoid using your hand since it might be uncomfortable."

"But.. it's my writing hand" I said akwardly.

He chuckled a bit at my response. "Well try not to write as much" he said while we walked back to our table where Myungsoo and Chanyeol were.

"Based on that reaction, one of the chemicals must have been mismeasured. How much did you guys measure?"

"I measured 50 mililiters like it said and the other one was 50 too." I said.

"Wait it had to be 50?" Myungsoo said.

I looked at him and glared at him. I wanted to slap him. "I asked you if you measured the right amount and you said yes!" I shot at him.

"Well I thought I measured the right amount."

"Well that explains it then" the teacher said. I glared again at Myungsoo while he shrugged his shoulders. I then saw that there was holes in the table from where the chemical had been.

"Well then, be careful next time or someone could get seriously injured. Your lucky that you didn't get too much on you Jimin."

I nodded my head while the bell rang. We packed up our things and headed to lunch. I started following Chanyeol to his table until an arm grabbed me and spun me around.

"Your sitting with me today." Myungsoo said.

"Says who. I don't have to."

"Your still my servant so yes you do."

I gave up, not bothering to start this whole arguement again while he started leading me to the table with infinite.

"Wait, can we go to the courtyard?"

"Why?"

"Because I like to eat there. It's quiet."

He thought about it for a moment before nodding his head and walking to the courtyard. I sat under the tree as I usually do and pulled out my lunch while Myungsoo did the same.

"So this is where you go everyday during lunch?"

"Yeah." I said while stuffing my face with food. "How did you know I wasn't in the lunch room? Were you looking for me?" I asked while smirking.

"What, no, it's just..."

"Aww, Myungsoo can live without his best friend how sweet." I said teasing him further.

"Oh shut up or I'll make you do push-ups again."

I scoffed and continued to stuff my face with food while Myungsoo stared at me in interest.

"Geez your sure eat funny, it looks like your gonna choke with all that food."

"Well I didn't have breakfast today so."

"Well thats your fault for trying to avoid me in the morning." He said while smirking.

"Ugh, just be quiet will you."

He laughed and started to eat his food. It came to a comfortable silence, just two friends eating together, While eating, I mentally made a note to text Jimin later on today. But I don't think I'll see him this week. If he saw my hand, he'd flip.

"I'm sorry."

I snapped out of my thoughts to look at Myungsoo with his head slightly down.

"What for?"

"You know, your hand. If I was just more careful, that wouldn't have happened."

"Myungsoo, I said I'm fine. Really, don't get so down about it. It'll heal soon."

Myungsoo looked up and me and stared. "Thanks. For this. And for actually trying to be my friend."

"I'm not trying Myungsoo. You just are my friend. I'm not forcing myself to become friends with you. I want to be friends with you."

Myungsoo looked down and started to eat his food. But I didn't miss the small smile that formed on his lips. I smiled to myself and continued eating my lunch with Myungsoo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had AP exams and finals are coming up soon so I've been busy. But the good news is School is over in 2 weeks for me and then i'll be free \('u')/. Once again, thank you guys for reading and leaving nice comments on my story. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!